OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Wore Park Aves to first interview of the cycle. A partner asked if they were Allen Edmonds as I was switching interviews.

User avatar
First Offense
Posts: 6412
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby First Offense » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Wore Park Aves to first interview of the cycle. A partner asked if they were Allen Edmonds as I was switching interviews.

TLS hive mind wins again.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 pm

First Offense wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Wore Park Aves to first interview of the cycle. A partner asked if they were Allen Edmonds as I was switching interviews.

TLS hive mind wins again.


In my defense, I originally got them for finance interviews.

Traynor Brah
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Traynor Brah » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Brown aes to a v10 cb in defiance of tls. Associates said i looked on point. Will update if no offer.

chingwoo
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby chingwoo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:Brown aes to a v10 cb in defiance of tls. Associates said i looked on point. Will update if no offer.


They didn't use fleek?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6374
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby 5ky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:37 pm

honestly if i saw a student wearing AEs on a callback i was interviewing, i would probably comment on them positively, too. but i was raised in the tls hivemind years ago.

bonus points if you wear brown/oxblood with a navy suit. i wasn't bold enough to try it when i interviewed, but i would reward it if i saw it.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby BmoreOrLess » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:Wore Park Aves to first interview of the cycle. A partner asked if they were Allen Edmonds as I was switching interviews.


"Hire me and I'll buy Alden's"

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Is this shirt ok for OCI? It deviates a little from the "uniform" but I think it looks good. With black captoe oxfords, dark gray suit, and conservative red striped tie. It just looks blue unless you are really close up.

http://www.ctshirts.com/Sky-twill-puppy ... ||||||||||

sprezz
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby sprezz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 pm

it's fine. i saw several like it towards the middle of ogi weeks. i'd personally rather have a solid light blue (or a second, or a third...) before even a subtle pattern like this for interviews, but if you're feeling it and don't mind being slightly off the dress code, go for it.

User avatar
PennBull
Posts: 15382
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby PennBull » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is this shirt ok for OCI? It deviates a little from the "uniform" but I think it looks good. With black captoe oxfords, dark gray suit, and conservative red striped tie. It just looks blue unless you are really close up.

http://www.ctshirts.com/Sky-twill-puppy ... ||||||||||


as long as you do button barrel cuff it's 100000% okay

french cuff, meh

iVi
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:23 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby iVi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 pm

acijku2 wrote:
PennBull wrote:
acijku2 wrote:
Traynor Brah wrote:I know the megapost in the lounge strongly advises against wearing non-black shoes/belt, but how strongly does the rest of the world feel about that? I don't think I'd go as far as wearing walnut, necessarily, but I don't really dig the navy/black combo.


Just stick with black, you can peacock when you start working. Just go safe for the interviews.


Brown shoes with a navy suit is hardly peacocking, and he even says he probably wouldn't even wear walnut.


I agree, I'm exaggerating a bit. Still, I think black is safe. You never know who the interviewer is and how much of a hardo they are for things like this. If it has even a possibility of ruining one interview it just isn't worth it. To me, it is better to be safe...but to each his own.


Dark Chili Park Aves w/ navy = no offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:06 pm

iVi wrote:
acijku2 wrote:
PennBull wrote:
acijku2 wrote:
Traynor Brah wrote:I know the megapost in the lounge strongly advises against wearing non-black shoes/belt, but how strongly does the rest of the world feel about that? I don't think I'd go as far as wearing walnut, necessarily, but I don't really dig the navy/black combo.


Just stick with black, you can peacock when you start working. Just go safe for the interviews.


Brown shoes with a navy suit is hardly peacocking, and he even says he probably wouldn't even wear walnut.


I agree, I'm exaggerating a bit. Still, I think black is safe. You never know who the interviewer is and how much of a hardo they are for things like this. If it has even a possibility of ruining one interview it just isn't worth it. To me, it is better to be safe...but to each his own.


Dark Chili Park Aves w/ navy = no offer?


So would these be ok or too risky to wear with a navy blue suit & marching belt?

https://m.colehaan.com/products/C14242? ... es_oxfords

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 pm

iVi wrote:Dark Chili Park Aves w/ navy = no offer?

got some good offers wearing regular chili w/ spread collar, skinny tie/lapel, silly socks, and not so prefstigious credentials. I know tls wisdom is great and everything but just wear whatever the fuck makes you confident.

sprezz
Posts: 399
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby sprezz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:02 am

+1 re: french cuffs (namely, don't)

cole haans are fine but that "british tan"? i wouldn't. color is too light for a dark interview suit imo. get black/burg/medium to dark brown for interview. if you want to go off the groupthink plan you've got some shades to work with; some red tones in a medium-dark brown are fine. try to minimize contrast between shoe color and suit color and it will look better as an outfit, even if the shoes seem more boring in isolation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:47 am

thanks all for the reassurance re: the puppytooth CT shirt. and yeah, definitely went barrel cuff for all of my shirts.

User avatar
barkschool
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:05 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby barkschool » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
iVi wrote:Dark Chili Park Aves w/ navy = no offer?

got some good offers wearing regular chili w/ spread collar, skinny tie/lapel, silly socks, and not so prefstigious credentials. I know tls wisdom is great and everything but just wear whatever the fuck makes you confident.


always wear silly socks

User avatar
SplitMyPants
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby SplitMyPants » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:33 pm

How many pressed shirts do people have in their rotation for OCI or a few days in a row of CBs? I was thinking four sounds safe.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:27 pm

Can I wear dark wine colored shoes for OCI screeners and/or callbacks? Planning on wearing them with a navy blue suit.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:31 pm

I have a black suit from H&M (I know, i should've spent my money better) but I got their more expensive wool collection that is like $220 for the jacket and trousers. Anyway, I'm worried because it is black, and not charcoal. Is it too dark to wear to OCI? I don't want to look like I' m going to a funeral. Here is the jacket I'm talking about :

http://www.hm.com/us/product/49514?article=49514-A&cm_mmc=pla-_-us-_-men_blazers_suits_blazers-_-49514&cm_mmc=adwords-_-us-_-brand-_-&gclid=CL2zquLin8cCFYEYHwodG2gIpg

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:10 pm

I have a dark blue suit I really want to wear but has a very subtle pattern. Is it ok? The suit is MUCH darker in real life (very dark navy blue)

Image

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby chuckbass » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:23 pm

definitely white and gold

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:24 pm

chuckbass wrote:definitely white and gold


lol plz no

User avatar
UnicornHunter
Posts: 13507
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby UnicornHunter » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have a black suit from H&M (I know, i should've spent my money better) but I got their more expensive wool collection that is like $220 for the jacket and trousers. Anyway, I'm worried because it is black, and not charcoal. Is it too dark to wear to OCI? I don't want to look like I' m going to a funeral. Here is the jacket I'm talking about :

http://www.hm.com/us/product/49514?article=49514-A&cm_mmc=pla-_-us-_-men_blazers_suits_blazers-_-49514&cm_mmc=adwords-_-us-_-brand-_-&gclid=CL2zquLin8cCFYEYHwodG2gIpg


If you have any other options, go with them, but I don't think it will hurt you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Bump can anyone comment on the two-toned wine blood shoes I posted a few posts back?

User avatar
chuckbass
Posts: 9957
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Postby chuckbass » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bump can anyone comment on the two-toned wine blood shoes I posted a few posts back?

I don't think they'll get you dinged but I think they're ugly.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.