mirodh wrote:Formal SA in Houston, TX
1. How many suits do I need for a full-formal firm? (I have 4, is this passable?)
2. Any tips for not sweating through my shirt every time I step outside? (I hear some people keep an extra shirt in the office, just in case, is this TCR?)
3. Are there any "summer suits" that are appropriate in such a conservative setting to stay cool during the summer?
First, my condolences. Houston sucks in the summer (and arguably other times too, but whatever). I used to suit up in Austin quite a bit and it was similarly miserable as the temperature approaches 110.
1. Four is more than enough. Get ties and different shirts, especially since you'll be going through at least one a day, from the sounds of things.
2. Better deodorant/anti-antiperspirant is a must. Wear a solid cotton undershirt beneath your work shirt. Sounds counter intuitive, but the extra shirt can actually cut down on visible perspiration. Plus, your dress shirt won't stick to you.
3. Check out Jos. A. Bank for cheap summer suits. They make them in lighter materials and cuts than normal woolen suits. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than I can comment on this. Anecdotally, I don't find my "summer weight" suit to be any lighter weight than my 4 seasons suits. Since it's a formal SA, I'd counsel against linen suits or seersucker suits.