OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Dr. Review

Gold

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by Dr. Review » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm

wuduhel wrote:
PennBull wrote:Sending cold e-mails to associates...address them as Mr. Last Name, or First Name?
Not really clothing related, but I've been addressing as Mr/Ms in the initial email. 99% of the responses are signed First Name. Further correspondence is then by first name.
co-signed

rockthered86

New

Post by rockthered86 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

Got a solid deal on Hickey Freeman suit, but I'm worried that it might be too blue for OCI. When I dropped it off at my tailor I realized that it is really a shade lighter than navy blue.

As long as I go with a conservative shirt/tie combo, will the blue suit still work for OCI?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:37 am

Is a tie similar to this ok for OCI?

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 am

^^^

Absolutely fine

wuduhel

New

Post by wuduhel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:08 am

How about this one?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JetsFan1990

Bronze

Post by JetsFan1990 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am

wuduhel wrote:How about this one?

Depends on the firm..

JetsFan1990

Bronze

Post by JetsFan1990 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 am

..obviously kidding.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:36 pm

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs ... 8617.story
The lawsuit says that, contrary to Jos. A. Bank's representation, "the merchandise is perpetually 'on sale,' and the 'sale price' is actually the price at which Jos. A. Bank regularly offers their merchandise for sale," the lawsuit says. It adds that the merchandise was "rarely, if ever, sold at 'regular price'" and that advertisements created a false sense of urgency and gave the impression that prices would rise after a limited time.

mrloblaw

Silver

Post by mrloblaw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:57 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bs ... 8617.story
The lawsuit says that, contrary to Jos. A. Bank's representation, "the merchandise is perpetually 'on sale,' and the 'sale price' is actually the price at which Jos. A. Bank regularly offers their merchandise for sale," the lawsuit says. It adds that the merchandise was "rarely, if ever, sold at 'regular price'" and that advertisements created a false sense of urgency and gave the impression that prices would rise after a limited time.
About time (although I'm betting this won't make it past a 12(b)(6). Their real "sales" are just events that give you their every day prices without having to take home a closet full of extra garbage you don't want. It's ridiculous.

In the last month, I've bought a Brooks 1818 and a Jos. A. Bank equivalent (I use the term as loosely as possible) that was marked down to like $90. Guess which one I wouldn't buy again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:42 am

mrloblaw wrote: In the last month, I've bought a Brooks 1818 and a Jos. A. Bank equivalent (I use the term as loosely as possible) that was marked down to like $90. Guess which one I wouldn't buy again.
90 bucks eh? That's actually a good price. I mean, you get what you pay for. I actually was able to find some of their slightly better stuff for $200 a pop (lol "1 day only 70% off" = "hey my coupon expired 3 days ago, can we still use it? Sure!").

The best part was that I had to buy a completely wrong size in order to fit me decently in the shoulders/waist. JAB is TTT, but it's like going to a TTT school for cheap if you know you're only getting minimal use out of it (read: wearing them for OCI, maybe the rest of law school) and paying an appropriate price.

apparentlynew

New

Post by apparentlynew » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:16 am

a Brooks 1818 and a Jos. A. Bank equivalent (I use the term as loosely as possible)
In your defense, Jos. A. Bank suits are meant to be used as loosely as possible.

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 am

apparentlynew wrote:
a Brooks 1818 and a Jos. A. Bank equivalent (I use the term as loosely as possible)
In your defense, Jos. A. Bank suits are meant to be used as loosely as possible.
True. Its cheaper than MW and much better. Though they certainly are not half the suit that a BB or HF is. Decent for the price, however.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:27 am

top30man wrote: True. Its cheaper than MW and much better. Though they certainly are not half the suit that a BB or HF is. Decent for the price, however.
I don't know if I agree. MW suits don't last as long, but they look a little better while they last. JAB suits last longer, but they are made with lower quality materials and they tailor terribly.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:37 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
top30man wrote: True. Its cheaper than MW and much better. Though they certainly are not half the suit that a BB or HF is. Decent for the price, however.
I don't know if I agree. MW suits don't last as long, but they look a little better while they last. JAB suits last longer, but they are made with lower quality materials and they tailor terribly.
Maybe I have just had bad luck with MW then. I have had around 3 or 4 suits from them and all have been sps.

kaiser

Gold

Post by kaiser » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:54 am

thelaststraw05 wrote:
So then why not get them tailored somewhere else where they will do a good job? I got 3 suits for a good price at JAB, but took them to my local tailor, who I go to exclusively. Now, they fit perfectly, and I've worn those 3 suits almost exclusively this summer and they look great.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 am

kaiser wrote:
thelaststraw05 wrote:
So then why not get them tailored somewhere else where they will do a good job? I got 3 suits for a good price at JAB, but took them to my local tailor, who I go to exclusively. Now, they fit perfectly, and I've worn those 3 suits almost exclusively this summer and they look great.
I think he meant they're hard for even a good tailor to tailor them well, because their main fit issues come in the shoulders which are difficult/prohibitively expensive to tailor.

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

Are split toe shoes acceptable? Specifically, an AE Belmont.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wuduhel

New

Post by wuduhel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 am

top30man wrote:Are split toe shoes acceptable? Specifically, an AE Belmont.
Everybody should buy the black Allen Edmonds 'Park Avenue' Oxfordfrom Nordstrom while it is on sale.

It is an investment that will last the rest of your life.

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:25 am

wuduhel wrote:
Everybody should buy the black Allen Edmonds 'Park Avenue' Oxfordfrom Nordstrom while it is on sale.

How did I not notice this before?

Definitely worth $219, right?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am

PennBull wrote:
wuduhel wrote:

YES.

Gosh they must have such a spike in sales every OCI season.

wuduhel

New

Post by wuduhel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am

PennBull wrote:
wuduhel wrote:

Absolutely. You only really need one pair of black cap toes and this is it. They are Goodyear welted and if you wear them out in ten years, you can send them back to AE for refinishing for about $100.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PennBull

Diamond

Post by PennBull » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:33 am

Purchased.

My $100 Cole Haan Caldwells haven't even arrived to my door yet but I'm already returning them. I couldn't find a good price on ebay for some PAs so I just gave up and bought those.

wuduhel

New

Post by wuduhel » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:35 am

PennBull wrote:Purchased.

My $100 Cole Haan Caldwells haven't even arrived to my door yet but I'm already returning them. I couldn't find a good price on ebay for some PAs so I just gave up and bought those.
Wise decision. Those Cole Haans are fugly.

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 am

wuduhel wrote:
PennBull wrote:Purchased.

Wise decision. Those Cole Haans are fugly.
Cole Haans I have had in the past do not hold up well.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:41 am

PennBull wrote:
kaiser wrote:
I think he meant they're hard for even a good tailor to tailor them well, because their main fit issues come in the shoulders which are difficult/prohibitively expensive to tailor.
The pants can be problematic too. On some people the thighs can be quite like clown pants. At the point that you have to tailor every seam to make them fit right, you are getting to the cost of a better suit.

Again, if JAB fits your body type - they are fine. I've had a lot of fit issues and wear issues. Particularly, I've noticed that the material they use is more susceptible to pilling than most.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”