OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
seespotrun

Gold

Re: Suits (Clothing, not law)

Post by seespotrun » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:19 pm

James Bond wrote:
daesonesb wrote:I got this suit at macy's.
It's great for the skinnier guy (fit nearly perfect off the rack).
http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/in ... 63-_-MP563
7 inch drop? I need like a 10-11.

I'm not sure how people buy suits that aren't separates, made to measure, or bespoke. (I don't buy bespoke :cry: )
With a few stealth edits, this could be an epic post.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm

seespotrun wrote:
James Bond wrote:

I'm not sure how people buy suits that aren't separates, made to measure, or bespoke. (I don't buy bespoke :cry: )
With a few stealth edits, this could be an epic post.
eh...you'd have to try hard to make it epic. I see what you're going for though.

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 am

A while back people were saying that Brooks Bros. did two-for-one suits semi-annually, or something to that effect. Is this actually true? And by true, I mean will there be a time this year where I could get two Fitzgerald 1818s in my size, one in navy and one in charcoal, for $900? Right now they have two for $1500. Will it get any better than this?

zettsscores40

Gold

Post by zettsscores40 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:48 am

See if there's a BB outlet near you.

Bronte

Gold

Post by Bronte » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:22 am

zettsscores40 wrote:See if there's a BB outlet near you.
Thanks, but in my experience, BB outlets do not sell the 1818 line or any of their signature labels. They sell an inferior label called "346." My question is whether or not their regular stores have annual sales.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:23 am

the two for one sales I think were in regards to Saks 5th Ave stores. (i.e. two Zegnas for price of one)

Not sure if BB retail stores would do crazy annual sales like two for one. Especially if you are looking for signature items like 1818 or black fleece

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 am

Bronte wrote:
zettsscores40 wrote:See if there's a BB outlet near you.
Thanks, but in my experience, BB outlets do not sell the 1818 line or any of their signature labels. They sell an inferior label called "346." My question is whether or not their regular stores have annual sales.
I've never seen two for one, but this past week was 25% off.

lisjjen

Silver

Post by lisjjen » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:11 pm

Just watched American Phsycho. This thread makes so much more sense now. Remind me to never show any of you my business card.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am

got this http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/in ... 63-_-MP563
in 42 reg, but had to get the pants hemmed and sleeves shortened. Wasn't planning on getting anything with stripes, but it looked cool. Think I'll buy my next suits online and then just have them altered afterwards.
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:22 am

Bronte wrote:A while back people were saying that Brooks Bros. did two-for-one suits semi-annually, or something to that effect. Is this actually true? And by true, I mean will there be a time this year where I could get two Fitzgerald 1818s in my size, one in navy and one in charcoal, for $900? Right now they have two for $1500. Will it get any better than this?
if there is a semi annual sale one of them will be on black friday
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:27 am

Borhas wrote:got this http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/in ... 63-_-MP563
in 42 reg, but had to get the pants hemmed and sleeves shortened. Wasn't planning on getting anything with stripes, but it looked cool. Think I'll buy my next suits online and then just have them altered afterwards.
I like those stripes. They seem fairly subtle. I don't like the big, thick stripes. Or the colored stripes. Saw a classmate come to school with a black suit with heavy blue striping the other day... not my favorite.

daesonesb

Bronze

Post by daesonesb » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:30 pm

James Bond wrote:

Easy for me. I wear 40L jacket and have a 32-34 inch waist. Completely average tall skinny guy.

Way to plug yourself for having big muscles though. I'm sure all the ladies that read the mens suit thread are really turned on right now.
:)

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Christ I must be the most disproportionate person ever. Pant are always just right in length and completely off in waist or vice versa.

*sigh* hate shopping for nice clothes when nothing fits

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous Loser

Silver

Post by Anonymous Loser » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Bronte wrote:A while back people were saying that Brooks Bros. did two-for-one suits semi-annually, or something to that effect. Is this actually true? And by true, I mean will there be a time this year where I could get two Fitzgerald 1818s in my size, one in navy and one in charcoal, for $900? Right now they have two for $1500. Will it get any better than this?
The semi-annual sale is generally in late June and late December. That's really the only time to buy suits from the 1818 line; I've purchased 5 or 6 suits over the past few years at these sales, and have never spent more that $450 on an individual suit.

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 pm

daesonesb wrote: Way to plug yourself for having big muscles though. I'm sure all the ladies that read the mens suit thread are really turned on right now.
:)
:lol: damnit

dougroberts

Bronze

Post by dougroberts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Would lace-less shoes like these Hugo Bosses be appropriate for business-casual firms, and the occasional black/charcoal suit:

I just don't like dress shoes with laces personally.

texaslawyer

Bronze

Post by texaslawyer » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm

dougroberts wrote:Would lace-less shoes like these Hugo Bosses be appropriate for business-casual firms, and the occasional black/charcoal suit:

Laces IMHO make one look more put together.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:04 pm

texaslawyer wrote:
dougroberts wrote:Would lace-less shoes like these Hugo Bosses be appropriate for business-casual firms, and the occasional black/charcoal suit:

Laces IMHO make one look more put together.
Agreed, but loafers are fine in business casual firms. Just make sure you wear laced up dress shoes to an interview.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:06 pm

romothesavior wrote:Just make sure you wear laced up dress shoes to an interview.
Is this true?

I mean I've worn both but I've only ever interviewed for jobs as a paper pusher.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 pm

bk187 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Just make sure you wear laced up dress shoes to an interview.
Is this true?

I mean I've worn both but I've only ever interviewed for jobs as a paper pusher.
I certainly think so (and I believe that was the consensus ITT). I have heard some interviewers and our CSO harp about being immaculately dressed for legal interviews. We had a seminar on interviews a few weeks ago and a biglaw partner had a guy in the front row stand up, and he critiqued what he was wearing. Said he needed a collar that fit him and a better tie or something. It was lulzy.

I guess the moral of the story (and my post) is that you should just be conservative and by the book.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:The semi-annual sale is generally in late June and late December.
Well, damn. I was hoping to finally get a couple BB suits when the summer started, but I guess I'll have to wait. That's a shame, since it means I won't have them to wear when I start my job.

I guess that's probably why they wait until late June. It's after the get-ready-for-summer rush is over.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm

so...I've got $200 at JC Penney that can be used on "any Joseph Abboud apparel, accessories, or shoe purchase" (I assume that means any accessories/shoes, not some weird Joseph Abboud shoe line :D)

is Joseph Abboud a good brand? my suit collection is sorely lacking a nice solid grey, but I want something quality. should I use the money toward a suit or just spend it on shoes/accessories and buy a suit elsewhere?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:23 pm

romothesavior wrote:I guess the moral of the story (and my post) is that you should just be conservative and by the book.
Well I completely agree with that, I just never knew that laces were considered by the book.

Good to know.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Gosh darn it why don't people know how to wear suits/dress clothes that fit properly? What are fathers doing these days?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Gosh darn it why don't people know how to wear suits/dress clothes that fit properly? What are fathers doing these days?
Well, in one case, wearing ugly work shirts and torn jeans, and being gone from home for weeks at a time. But that's a digression.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”