OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SEngland

Bronze

Re: OCI/callbacks/etc Men's Clothing Mega-thread

Post by SEngland » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:40 pm

chrisbru wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
SEngland wrote:What is the consensus on suits with a peak lapel? It is a subtle charcoal suit, great brand, great price, only thing is peak lapels instead of the notch.
Not until you make partner.
This seems extreme to me... But I'd avoid it in interviews at least.

I have an SA this summer at a larger firm. I would rather it be notch but peak is all that is available at the price. The suit is charcoal and otherwise very traditional.

Pufer

Bronze

Post by Pufer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 am

No. Peak. Lapels. On. Business. Suits.

-Pufer

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 am

Pufer wrote:No. Peak. Lapels. On. Business. Suits.

-Pufer
ASDLKJFA;LSKJCJOI;M,CKEJASF PUFER!!!!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:38 am

Pufer wrote:No. Peak. Lapels. On. Business. Suits.

-Pufer
IT HATH BEEN DECREED.

fishy

New

Post by fishy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:56 am

Anybody know if $209 is worth it for a JAB signature gold suit? I need a new suit and was thinking about picking one these up with the flat front pants.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Pr ... 050_357198

Thanks in advance

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:57 am

fishy wrote:Anybody know if $209 is worth for a JAB signature gold suit? I need a new suit and was thinking about picking on these up with the flat front pants.

Thanks in advance
Plain* front pants, and yeah that's a good price. The Sig Gold's are half canvassed so a suit like that (even from JAB) is built to last. Don't buy the black one, though.

LeDique

Diamond

Post by LeDique » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:38 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
fishy wrote:Anybody know if $209 is worth for a JAB signature gold suit? I need a new suit and was thinking about picking on these up with the flat front pants.

Thanks in advance
Plain* front pants, and yeah that's a good price. The Sig Gold's are half canvassed so a suit like that (even from JAB) is built to last. Don't buy the black one, though.
I hear flat front a lot more, and they're the same thing unless I'm missing something.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:42 pm

LeDique wrote: I hear flat front a lot more, and they're the same thing unless I'm missing something.
Oh, I guess you're right according to Google. Never heard flat front before. But yeah, same thing.

Pufer

Bronze

Post by Pufer » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:16 pm

fishy wrote:Anybody know if $209 is worth it for a JAB signature gold suit? I need a new suit and was thinking about picking one these up with the flat front pants.

Thanks in advance
It's rare that sig gold gets to that low a price outside of the seventeen-for-one sales. Not only worth it, but a decent bargain.

-Pufer

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:13 pm

Brooks Brothers 346 (well, the one in West Des Moines at least) has 50% off everything, plus a 15% off coupon. So I opened a charge card (additional 15% on top of that) and made-to-measure suits are $240. I got three, considering a 4th because the deal is amazing.

Not to mention $25 dress shirts.

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:23 am

chrisbru wrote:Brooks Brothers 346 (well, the one in West Des Moines at least) has 50% off everything, plus a 15% off coupon. So I opened a charge card (additional 15% on top of that) and made-to-measure suits are $240. I got three, considering a 4th because the deal is amazing.

any idea if all that could be applied to a regular brooks brothers suit? IIRC 1700 regularly, $650 or so sounds great for a mtm 1818

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:28 am

chrisbru wrote:Brooks Brothers 346 (well, the one in West Des Moines at least) has 50% off everything, plus a 15% off coupon. So I opened a charge card (additional 15% on top of that) and made-to-measure suits are $240. I got three, considering a 4th because the deal is amazing.

Roadtrip. Where is dat 15% coupon?

Also, what color suits do they have? My Fitzgerald from there was not solid because the guy told me they only do solid colors in the 1818 line.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:03 am

SaintsTheMetal wrote: any idea if all that could be applied to a regular brooks brothers suit? IIRC 1700 regularly, $650 or so sounds great for a mtm 1818
I think it's the 346 store only, but I could be wrong.
Blumpbeef wrote:
Roadtrip. Where is dat 15% coupon?

Also, what color suits do they have? My Fitzgerald from there was not solid because the guy told me they only do solid colors in the 1818 line.
I got the coupon from a buddy who works there. So I'm guessing you could ask the person in the store? The MTM "Suiting Essentials" line came out to be like $238 including tax per suit.

Here is the suit line:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/suit ... vy%7cBlack

They had several more colors in store than they do on the site though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:09 pm

That's a hell of a steal. Really wish I could take a road trip right now.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:35 pm

romothesavior wrote:That's a hell of a steal. Really wish I could take a road trip right now.
I think the 50% is only through today, but I'm not positive. They did say that they'll probably have 40% off from 12/26-1/1

SaintsTheMetal

Bronze

Post by SaintsTheMetal » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 pm

BB Semi-annual sale.. 30% off suits from Dec. 26 to Jan. 3

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Anybody know a reputable-but-cheap tailor in Cambridge?

I've been coasting with a cheap, tailored suit from JC Penny's but I have a feeling I need to upgrade for my summer SA.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm

how many suits do you guys think i should have for the summer (setting will be a law firm)?

i currently own one navy suit (my go-to suit for everything basically) and a black suit which i avoid wearing except for appropriate events. i imagine i need at least one to two more suits?

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:21 pm

I'd say 2 would be plenty if it's an SA (not counting the black as one), sounds like most SAs are largely business casual. I'm personally going to shoot for a 3rd though just in case.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Lasers wrote:how many suits do you guys think i should have for the summer (setting will be a law firm)?

i currently own one navy suit (my go-to suit for everything basically) and a black suit which i avoid wearing except for appropriate events. i imagine i need at least one to two more suits?
I've got 4 that fit well, but if it's anything like the firm I worked at last summer (after 1L year) then you won't wear a suit unless you're going to court or meeting with a big-time client that would expect suits for the meeting (which was never, in my case lol). So, I'd guess it would depend on the firm. I don't think it would hurt to ask your contact at the firm what daily dress code is like and how often you'll be wearing a suit so you can better gauge what you need.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm

2014 wrote:I'd say 2 would be plenty if it's an SA (not counting the black as one), sounds like most SAs are largely business casual. I'm personally going to shoot for a 3rd though just in case.
what colors should i go for? i imagine a dark gray should be next to pair with my navy as fairly conservative options, but would a light gray be ok? i always wanted a light gray suit to be worn with brown shoes...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:29 pm

chrisbru wrote:
Lasers wrote:how many suits do you guys think i should have for the summer (setting will be a law firm)?

I've got 4 that fit well, but if it's anything like the firm I worked at last summer (after 1L year) then you won't wear a suit unless you're going to court or meeting with a big-time client that would expect suits for the meeting (which was never, in my case lol). So, I'd guess it would depend on the firm. I don't think it would hurt to ask your contact at the firm what daily dress code is like and how often you'll be wearing a suit so you can better gauge what you need.
thanks! great idea; i will contact the recruiter about it.

chrisbru

Gold

Post by chrisbru » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Lasers wrote:
2014 wrote:I'd say 2 would be plenty if it's an SA (not counting the black as one), sounds like most SAs are largely business casual. I'm personally going to shoot for a 3rd though just in case.
what colors should i go for? i imagine a dark gray should be next to pair with my navy as fairly conservative options, but would a light gray be ok? i always wanted a light gray suit to be worn with brown shoes...
IMO, you should definitely have a charcoal and dark navy suit. After that, then you can mix it up with lighter greys, pinstripe, etc.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm

SaintsTheMetal wrote:BB Semi-annual sale.. 30% off suits from Dec. 26 to Jan. 3
Been waiting to hear the dates, I figured it was the two weeks after Christmas. Thank you.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

30% off Brooks Brothers suits. I went to the store today and they said 30% off everything in store and 30% off some stuff online. 1818 Milano in Solid Navy for $600? Y YASE, YASE PLZ

To BB aficionados, what time of year is the other semi-annual sale?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”