SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
MartianManhunter
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby MartianManhunter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:55 am

march319 wrote:Is there anyone out there who submitted on December 15th (or before) that still hasn't been invited for an interview yet? Are we screwed out of luck?


I submitted on the 15th, faxed my t14 acceptance and still haven't heard anything. :(

Anjacks
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anjacks » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:31 am

I submitted in November. I don't think they really like reverse splitters either though. I know a few people said they don't like splitters. I have a T14 acceptance, but I've had it since last year. I deferred. So I'm thinking they just don't want me
:(. I also faxed my acceptance. Should I fax my transcript too?

User avatar
devilishangelrjp
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby devilishangelrjp » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:28 pm

march319 wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:
march319 wrote:Is there anyone out there who submitted on December 15th (or before) that still hasn't been invited for an interview yet? Are we screwed out of luck?


Apparently, they sent me an email inviting me to interview, but I never received it. I'm actually worried though, because in my panic, I sent them an email telling them so, but I forgot to put a subject line. -_- FML.


How do you know they invited you to an interview if you didn't get the email? Did you call them? Anyone know if they're open on weekends?


They sent me a reminder email that told me that I had been invited but hadn't scheduled.

meowmeow
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby meowmeow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:24 pm

...
Last edited by meowmeow on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
devilishangelrjp
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby devilishangelrjp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 pm

meowmeow wrote:I have an interview on Thursday but I don't have any details
on where it is. It just says Washington DC. On the scheduler I pressed details
and it doesn't have any specifics!
Anyone know how to figure out the address?!?

Help!!


You are probably going to have to send an email or call them or something telling them the problem, and fast.

meowmeow
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby meowmeow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:07 pm

FYI..
To find out the address go to where u made ur appt.
Then on that page scroll your location and hit the spyglass
icon to the right this will tell you the location by date

User avatar
PDaddy
Posts: 2073
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby PDaddy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:42 am

kurama20 wrote:
Rand M. wrote:So, in reading through the back pages of this thread I saw even YLS was not enough to get certain people accepted. I understand that there is a strong preference for T14 deposits, but my question is where does the prevailing sentiment that says if you are going to a T6 you are safe come from? I don't mean to say anyone is wrong I am really just curious as to why people seem to believe this when a lot of people who sent in their T14 deposits to SEO got flat out rejected. Any thoughts?



Frankly I think that they're wrong. The fact that there were 5 people from Penn last year and 4 from UVA , but only 4 from NYU and 1 from Chicago helps to discredit that. They do have a preference for HYSCC, but they still look at other factors. Unfortunately, I get the vibe that GPA for example, is important. Your interview skills are also very important. These factors are at least as important as your school once you have been accepted to top 14 schools.


I know right? Has anyone ever made SEO with anything below a 3.5 GPA? I haven't seen it. Maybe I need to look at ALL of the profiles. I do feel a bit safer because my GPA is above 3.5. But it's a holistic process.

User avatar
ogman05
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby ogman05 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 pm

PDaddy wrote:
kurama20 wrote:
Rand M. wrote:So, in reading through the back pages of this thread I saw even YLS was not enough to get certain people accepted. I understand that there is a strong preference for T14 deposits, but my question is where does the prevailing sentiment that says if you are going to a T6 you are safe come from? I don't mean to say anyone is wrong I am really just curious as to why people seem to believe this when a lot of people who sent in their T14 deposits to SEO got flat out rejected. Any thoughts?



Frankly I think that they're wrong. The fact that there were 5 people from Penn last year and 4 from UVA , but only 4 from NYU and 1 from Chicago helps to discredit that. They do have a preference for HYSCC, but they still look at other factors. Unfortunately, I get the vibe that GPA for example, is important. Your interview skills are also very important. These factors are at least as important as your school once you have been accepted to top 14 schools.


I know right? Has anyone ever made SEO with anything below a 3.5 GPA? I haven't seen it. Maybe I need to look at ALL of the profiles. I do feel a bit safer because my GPA is above 3.5. But it's a holistic process.


I sure hope so...
Last edited by ogman05 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby TheSharklord » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:29 am

Me too...not a stellar GPA, but with a great positive upward trend. I'm hoping though that if I can get into the T14, then I should maybe be able to sneak in to SEO...

That_Guy_There
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby That_Guy_There » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:06 am

Is anybody interviewing this Saturday in DC? The location still says TBD (after clicking the spyglass).

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Rand M. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:12 am

Can anyone provide a link to these 'profiles' that everyone is talking about?

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:16 am

Anyone who has interviewed last week that has any comments on the process? Any more suggestions not already covered?

ranovr32
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby ranovr32 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Just so everyone knows, SEO checks these forums. Also they don't interview as many people as everyone thinks. So if you get an interview I would keep details to a PM.

ps
jan about 12-15 interview slots
feb i think 20 or 24
there are some scheduled later in the year as well but i didn't check that far back on the scheduler

User avatar
coollegemex
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby coollegemex » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:18 pm

ranovr32 wrote:Just so everyone knows, SEO checks these forums. Also they don't interview as many people as everyone thinks. So if you get an interview I would keep details to a PM.

ps
jan about 12-15 interview slots
feb i think 20 or 24
there are some scheduled later in the year as well but i didn't check that far back on the scheduler


rather ominous

kareenak888
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby kareenak888 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Question: How do I find contact info about previous SEO alums?

I wanted to ask them questions!!!

User avatar
TheSharklord
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby TheSharklord » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:32 am

*shamelessly self-serving bump*

Anyone got any more thoughts?

User avatar
coollegemex
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby coollegemex » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 pm

What happened to the advice well haha... some have interviewed already right? Share some details - I still feel blind about this entire process.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby hiromoto45 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 pm

I've started my application for SEO (trying to complete the essays)...is this necessary for law school? Or will SEO just give you access to more networking opportunities?

SimonSaysStudy
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby SimonSaysStudy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 pm

..
Last edited by SimonSaysStudy on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Core » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 am

Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Core » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Core wrote:Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?

Bumping myself. The e-mail is a bit unclear.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 02082010 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Core wrote:
Core wrote:Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?

Bumping myself. The e-mail is a bit unclear.


All.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Core » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Core wrote:
Core wrote:Question: Should we fax SEO the acceptance letters for all schools we have listed as having been "Accepted" by, or just the letter of the school we plan on attending?

Bumping myself. The e-mail is a bit unclear.


All.

Thanks!

meowmeow
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby meowmeow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:40 pm

You need to fax all the acceptance letters you get and then a copy of the depoist you make to the school you end up enrolled to. I mean but if you get accepted to like Cooley i wouldnt send that, but any T14 acceptances need to be faxed

User avatar
groundkontrol
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby groundkontrol » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 pm

I applied to SEO on December 15th but I still haven't heard anything yet. Last week I received a brochure from them asking me to apply. Today I received an email from them telling me to apply. Is it possible that they never received my application? I did get the confirmation email after I submitted.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.