SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jerjon2

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by jerjon2 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:42 am

SolarWind wrote:Can you tell me what they say about the Atlanta spots? Thanks... NYC is kind of a stretch for me to go to.
march319 wrote:Can the people who have been invited for an interview please post their stats?

GPA:
LSAT:
URM Type:
Submission Date:

Thanks!

GPA: 3.9+
LSAT: 172-174
URM Type: RM Asian
Submission Date: Don't Remember
There are slots in Atlanta now. There aren't many though.

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:56 am

Am I too late to be considered for an itnerview?

I submited my app this morning... I didn't really know about the SEO until yesterday.

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:30 pm

avacado111 wrote:Am I too late to be considered for an itnerview?

I submited my app this morning... I didn't really know about the SEO until yesterday.
Nah, the second deadline is in Feb. I think. You should be fine, but you may be in a later batch to be hearing stuff.

Got my interview invite with the rest of the crew:

GPA: 3.2
LSAT: 170
URM Type: AA
Submission Date: Late Oct-ish? Not sure atm.
**I've also heard positive news from the T14

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey guys, just saw this thread and went :shock: "I need to apply!" I have a few questions though (sorry if they've been answered before, but the thread is long :oops: )

1. I'm assuming the resume should be the same as the ones I submit for a job (i.e. w/out the alterations I made for law school), right?
2. I cannot remember my high school gpa exactly, so I'm giving a rough estimate - is that ok?
3. I'm working a job that won't be over until the middle of June (1 month after the program starts). Could this be a problem regarding acceptance?
4. Is there anything else I need to know? I did go through some of the thread, where I saw NY acceptances are viewed favorable (I've got an NYU acceptance under my belt right now). I'm also aware that I'll need to write an essay, and that I need (1?) LOR. Is there anything I'm missing out on?

Thanks for your help, and good luck to everyone that's applying! :D

picaresco

New

Post by picaresco » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:55 pm

Got my interview invite on the 30th.

GPA: 3.86
LSAT: 175
URM Type: Hispanic (Cuban)
Submission Date: Late Oct. Very late.
- Did hear positive news from the T14, including HLS, and faxed admissions letters about a week before I got the invite.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

march319

New

Post by march319 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Has anyone ever emailed SEO? I emailed them at careerprogram@seo-usa.org and onlineapplication@seo-usa.org to update them on my new LSAT score and law school acceptances but I received an automated email response saying they will be out of the office until November 30th. Yes, November 30th. This makes me think that they never read their emails because the automated response is so old. Has anyone emailed them for anything and received a response? Am I better off calling?

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:Hey guys, just saw this thread and went :shock: "I need to apply!" I have a few questions though (sorry if they've been answered before, but the thread is long :oops: )

1. I'm assuming the resume should be the same as the ones I submit for a job (i.e. w/out the alterations I made for law school), right?
2. I cannot remember my high school gpa exactly, so I'm giving a rough estimate - is that ok?
3. I'm working a job that won't be over until the middle of June (1 month after the program starts). Could this be a problem regarding acceptance?
4. Is there anything else I need to know? I did go through some of the thread, where I saw NY acceptances are viewed favorable (I've got an NYU acceptance under my belt right now). I'm also aware that I'll need to write an essay, and that I need (1?) LOR. Is there anything I'm missing out on?

Bumpdiggity? :D

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:12 am

Sakura3210 wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:Hey guys, just saw this thread and went :shock: "I need to apply!" I have a few questions though (sorry if they've been answered before, but the thread is long :oops: )

Bumpdiggity? :D
Let me give it a go...

1.) Yeah, if you extended it for LS apps (I did for mine), use your standard 1-page one.
2.) I ballparked...mine was close to a rounded off number so I just used that, didn't worry about the hundredths...
3.) Mmmm, very likely (sorry). If you're serious about pursuing SEO, you may want to figure out how you can arrange to be released early from your other work. From what I've seen in this forum and the other one on LSDiscussion, even the training is intensive, and once you start work, you'll be on full hours, so doing both isn't really an option...
4.) NYU should serve you well. T14 seems to be the club, with a preference to NY schools and schools that feed to NY firms.

Hope this helps =)

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:49 am

i second the above post, with the caveat that seo actually doesn't care at all about the high school gpa. don't sweat it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:12 am

talibkweli wrote:i second the above post, with the caveat that seo actually doesn't care at all about the high school gpa. don't sweat it.
Totally agree. They have the same app for all their programs, which include ones for kids just out of HS (with no established record). I'm pretty sure your SAT scores matter very little too, but I dug mine up from collegeboard.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Just got back from vacation and saw the email for the SEO interview. However when I try to schedule an interview the entire calendar appears blue (no free white slots going all the way up to May) in every city. Does this means that I missed my chance for an interview or do these slots open up later?

kurama20

Silver

Post by kurama20 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Let me give it a go...

1.) Yeah, if you extended it for LS apps (I did for mine), use your standard 1-page one.
2.) I ballparked...mine was close to a rounded off number so I just used that, didn't worry about the hundredths...
3.) Mmmm, very likely (sorry). If you're serious about pursuing SEO, you may want to figure out how you can arrange to be released early from your other work. From what I've seen in this forum and the other one on LSDiscussion, even the training is intensive, and once you start work, you'll be on full hours, so doing both isn't really an option...
4.) NYU should serve you well. T14 seems to be the club, with a preference to NY schools and schools that feed to NY firms.

Hope this helps =)
Actually NYU just signed up to be a donor to SEO. They might prefer NYU students to everyone else now! :D

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 pm

ravens20 wrote:Just got back from vacation and saw the email for the SEO interview. However when I try to schedule an interview the entire calendar appears blue (no free white slots going all the way up to May) in every city. Does this means that I missed my chance for an interview or do these slots open up later?
I think they might open more up, just check back on the scheduler regularly. A rain dance might also help expediate the process...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DukeHopeful

Bronze

Post by DukeHopeful » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Anyone know where we find out the details of our interviews? I scheduled for LA on February 5th, but it says nothing about where in LA the interview is.

ravens20

Bronze

Post by ravens20 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:29 pm

DukeHopeful wrote:Anyone know where we find out the details of our interviews? I scheduled for LA on February 5th, but it says nothing about where in LA the interview is.
Click on the magnifying glass icon next to where you choose the location.

DukeHopeful

Bronze

Post by DukeHopeful » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:24 pm

ravens20 wrote:
DukeHopeful wrote:Anyone know where we find out the details of our interviews? I scheduled for LA on February 5th, but it says nothing about where in LA the interview is.
I checked that out but there is no information for LA. It just says TBD, but I'd like to try and get my flight and hotel set up asap.

P.S. saw your name, let's go Ravens!

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 am

DukeHopeful wrote:
ravens20 wrote:
I checked that out but there is no information for LA. It just says TBD, but I'd like to try and get my flight and hotel set up asap.

all the law firms are either in downtown or on the westside ... so just fly into LAX, get a hotel in either place(dt or century city/santa monica), rent a car and you will be fine. That is my best bet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:21 am

so I got an interview yesterday. yes.

But it's in a place that I cant afford to go: (flight+hotel=etc...)

I'm a big confused. They said it's possible that you can have a skype interview/phone interview? If I do this... will it be really negative on my part?

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 am

kareenak888 wrote:so I got an interview yesterday. yes.

But it's in a place that I cant afford to go: (flight+hotel=etc...)

I'm a big confused. They said it's possible that you can have a skype interview/phone interview? If I do this... will it be really negative on my part?
Call/email them and find out...from what I understood they only had the skype/phone interview option for people abroad...but if you explain your situation, they might be willing to make exceptions...

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 am

So I sent them an e-mail the other day to ask about how to send them acceptance letters. I haven't gotten an interview/no interview notice from them yet. I ran into that same out of office auto-reply, so how did you guys send them acceptance letters? Fax? E-mail? Did I just overlook something?

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:36 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:So I sent them an e-mail the other day to ask about how to send them acceptance letters. I haven't gotten an interview/no interview notice from them yet. I ran into that same out of office auto-reply, so how did you guys send them acceptance letters? Fax? E-mail? Did I just overlook something?
Law School Documents and Application Status

Please fax your law school acceptance letters and ultimately your enrollment letter to 1-646-861-4899. We tell our partners that all program participants are enrolled in law school. We need your enrollment letter as proof. We will need that information to make a final decision, but we recognize you may not be able to provide it until March or April. As soon as you have these documents, please send them to us. Also, please remember log back into your application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=seo) and update your law school application status regularly.

This is from the interview invite. If you get the interview then you'll need to send in an official transcript plus LOR which will be explained in the email...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DukeHopeful

Bronze

Post by DukeHopeful » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 pm

coollegemex wrote:
DukeHopeful wrote:
ravens20 wrote:

all the law firms are either in downtown or on the westside ... so just fly into LAX, get a hotel in either place(dt or century city/santa monica), rent a car and you will be fine. That is my best bet.
I can't rent a car as a 21 year old, as far as I know. I was hoping it might be near UCLA so I can visit that school while I'm there for the weekend. Is that roughly the area you're talking about? I've never even been to CA before haha, so I'm kind of winging this.

kurama20

Silver

Post by kurama20 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:21 pm

I can't rent a car as a 21 year old, as far as I know. I was hoping it might be near UCLA so I can visit that school while I'm there for the weekend. Is that roughly the area you're talking about? I've never even been to CA before haha, so I'm kind of winging this.
Yes you can, but you have to pay an extra fee.

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/lo ... ionId=3272

kareenak888

New

Post by kareenak888 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Ohhh

is it strange that I submitted my app on 12/29 and got an interview this past Monday? I'm looking at all the time slots and my interview is late feb. Isn't that kind of late?

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

TheSharklord wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:So I sent them an e-mail the other day to ask about how to send them acceptance letters. I haven't gotten an interview/no interview notice from them yet. I ran into that same out of office auto-reply, so how did you guys send them acceptance letters? Fax? E-mail? Did I just overlook something?
Law School Documents and Application Status

Please fax your law school acceptance letters and ultimately your enrollment letter to 1-646-861-4899. We tell our partners that all program participants are enrolled in law school. We need your enrollment letter as proof. We will need that information to make a final decision, but we recognize you may not be able to provide it until March or April. As soon as you have these documents, please send them to us. Also, please remember log back into your application (https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=seo) and update your law school application status regularly.

This is from the interview invite. If you get the interview then you'll need to send in an official transcript plus LOR which will be explained in the email...
So I dont really need to send it until I get an interview?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”