SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mp2012

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mp2012 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 pm

meesawoosa wrote:i would think good. i received the same e-mail/had the phone conversation and was accepted to the program a couple days later.

good luck!

Also, what did the conversation cover considering I've already interviewed?

jaen78

Postby jaen78 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 am

mp2012 wrote:
meesawoosa wrote:i would think good. i received the same e-mail/had the phone conversation and was accepted to the program a couple days later.

good luck!

Maybe just verifying you haven't already accepted another offer for the summer? Either way, sounds like you're in so congrats! Has anyone gotten in yet without receiving the email and having the extra phone call, or is that standard procedure for them?

carter17

Postby carter17 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am

i was recently accepted. any males looking to room together PM me.

brownbears

Postby brownbears » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm

jaen78 wrote:
mp2012 wrote:

good luck!

Maybe just verifying you haven't already accepted another offer for the summer? Either way, sounds like you're in so congrats! Has anyone gotten in yet without receiving the email and having the extra phone call, or is that standard procedure for them?

Nope, I didn't get an extra email/phone call.

mp2012

Postby mp2012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm starting to get nervous about deadlines. I was accepted as a Summer Associate at the Greenlining Institute last Friday and they haven't told me when I have to respond by. I hope SEO gets back to me in time. I want to do SEO much more, but if I lose the Greenlining internship to wait for SEO and I DON'T get SEO, that would be the worst situation for me.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable with accepting Greenlining then bailing if I get SEO. It feels ethically unsound..

brownbears

Postby brownbears » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:11 pm

mp2012 wrote:Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm starting to get nervous about deadlines. I was accepted as a Summer Associate at the Greenlining Institute last Friday and they haven't told me when I have to respond by. I hope SEO gets back to me in time. I want to do SEO much more, but if I lose the Greenlining internship to wait for SEO and I DON'T get SEO, that would be the worst situation for me.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable with accepting Greenlining then bailing if I get SEO. It feels ethically unsound..

Find out when you have to let Greenlining know and tell SEO you have to know by then. SEO seems to be pretty accommodating about things like that.

mp2012

Postby mp2012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:20 pm

brownbears wrote:
mp2012 wrote:Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

Find out when you have to let Greenlining know and tell SEO you have to know by then. SEO seems to be pretty accommodating about things like that.

Thanks!

treple

Postby treple » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:08 pm

brownbears wrote:

This. I told them about my deadline and they were VERY accommodating.

excitedutterance

Postby excitedutterance » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 pm

accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:41 pm

excitedutterance wrote:accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!

Congrats!!! Where did you enroll at?

mp2012

Postby mp2012 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:04 pm

excitedutterance wrote:accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!

Did you get a phone call before that (not the actual interview)? How long did they take to notify you?

excitedutterance

Postby excitedutterance » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:35 pm

daisyduck wrote:

Congrats!!! Where did you enroll at?

Harvard--though after I enrolled, I was accepted at Yale and Stanford. So it's subject to change.

mp2012 wrote:Did you get a phone call before that (not the actual interview)? How long did they take to notify you?

I got in the day after my follow-up phone interview.

legends159

Postby legends159 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:01 pm

excitedutterance wrote:Harvard--though after I enrolled, I was accepted at Yale and Stanford. So it's subject to change.

can you do that?

OverUnderWhelmed

Postby OverUnderWhelmed » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing. Not even the email requesting a follow-up phone call. Anyone else still stranded in SEO limbo? Should I assume if I haven't gotten it by now, I'm just not going to?

cougarlive

Postby cougarlive » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 pm

OverUnderWhelmed wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing. Not even the email requesting a follow-up phone call. Anyone else still stranded in SEO limbo? Should I assume if I haven't gotten it by now, I'm just not going to?

I'm still waiting to hear too.

OverUnderWhelmed

Postby OverUnderWhelmed » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Well, at least we're in it together. Good luck!

dachillchick

Postby dachillchick » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:00 pm

...still waiting.

excitedutterance

Postby excitedutterance » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 am

legends159 wrote:
excitedutterance wrote:Harvard--though after I enrolled, I was accepted at Yale and Stanford. So it's subject to change.

can you do that?

Yeah; you're only required to decline preexisting offers of admission. Since no offer was made on my other files at the time, I had nothing to decline. If I change my mind, which I doubt I will, I'll contact SEO about it.

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 am

OverUnderWhelmed wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing.

LoR? Were we required to submit one?

Skadden Stairs

Postby Skadden Stairs » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:08 am

daisyduck wrote:
OverUnderWhelmed wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing.

LoR? Were we required to submit one?

yes

OverUnderWhelmed

Postby OverUnderWhelmed » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:26 am

LoR? Were we required to submit one?[/quote]

I was kind of confused by that too. I thought it said on the website that the official transcript and LOR only needed to be sent in after we were accepted, but during my interview they asked me to go ahead and send both in. I thought maybe it was a good sign, but that was a few weeks ago, so now I'm not so sure.

brownbears

Postby brownbears » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 am

Does anyone know when the internship's start date is?

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am

lex talionis wrote:
daisyduck wrote:LoR? Were we required to submit one?
yes

K totally don't mean to be a dimwit here, but where on the website does it say to submit one? Because I don't remember seeing it when I applied, and they haven't requested for one either. They are currently "reserving a decision on my file" until I enroll, so I'm assuming I did all that was required.
brownbears wrote:Does anyone know when the internship's start date is?

The website says sometime between late-May and mid-June..

brownbears

Postby brownbears » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 am

daisyduck wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
daisyduck wrote:LoR? Were we required to submit one?
yes

K totally don't mean to be a dimwit here, but where on the website does it say to submit one? Because I don't remember seeing it when I applied, and they haven't requested for one either. They are currently "reserving a decision on my file" until I enroll, so I'm assuming I did all that was required.

I'm almost certain an LOR was needed before they could make a decision, don't remember where they said that though

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:14 am

Last edited by summertimechi on Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Legal Employment”