SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mp2012
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mp2012 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:17 pm

meesawoosa wrote:i would think good. i received the same e-mail/had the phone conversation and was accepted to the program a couple days later.

good luck!


Also, what did the conversation cover considering I've already interviewed?

User avatar
jaen78
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby jaen78 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 am

mp2012 wrote:
meesawoosa wrote:i would think good. i received the same e-mail/had the phone conversation and was accepted to the program a couple days later.

good luck!


Also, what did the conversation cover considering I've already interviewed?


Maybe just verifying you haven't already accepted another offer for the summer? Either way, sounds like you're in so congrats! Has anyone gotten in yet without receiving the email and having the extra phone call, or is that standard procedure for them?

carter17
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby carter17 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am

i was recently accepted. any males looking to room together PM me.

brownbears
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby brownbears » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm

jaen78 wrote:
mp2012 wrote:
meesawoosa wrote:i would think good. i received the same e-mail/had the phone conversation and was accepted to the program a couple days later.

good luck!


Also, what did the conversation cover considering I've already interviewed?


Maybe just verifying you haven't already accepted another offer for the summer? Either way, sounds like you're in so congrats! Has anyone gotten in yet without receiving the email and having the extra phone call, or is that standard procedure for them?


Nope, I didn't get an extra email/phone call.

mp2012
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mp2012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm starting to get nervous about deadlines. I was accepted as a Summer Associate at the Greenlining Institute last Friday and they haven't told me when I have to respond by. I hope SEO gets back to me in time. I want to do SEO much more, but if I lose the Greenlining internship to wait for SEO and I DON'T get SEO, that would be the worst situation for me.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable with accepting Greenlining then bailing if I get SEO. It feels ethically unsound..

brownbears
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby brownbears » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:11 pm

mp2012 wrote:Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm starting to get nervous about deadlines. I was accepted as a Summer Associate at the Greenlining Institute last Friday and they haven't told me when I have to respond by. I hope SEO gets back to me in time. I want to do SEO much more, but if I lose the Greenlining internship to wait for SEO and I DON'T get SEO, that would be the worst situation for me.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable with accepting Greenlining then bailing if I get SEO. It feels ethically unsound..


Find out when you have to let Greenlining know and tell SEO you have to know by then. SEO seems to be pretty accommodating about things like that.

mp2012
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mp2012 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:20 pm

brownbears wrote:
mp2012 wrote:Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm starting to get nervous about deadlines. I was accepted as a Summer Associate at the Greenlining Institute last Friday and they haven't told me when I have to respond by. I hope SEO gets back to me in time. I want to do SEO much more, but if I lose the Greenlining internship to wait for SEO and I DON'T get SEO, that would be the worst situation for me.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable with accepting Greenlining then bailing if I get SEO. It feels ethically unsound..


Find out when you have to let Greenlining know and tell SEO you have to know by then. SEO seems to be pretty accommodating about things like that.


Thanks!

User avatar
treple
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby treple » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:08 pm

brownbears wrote:
mp2012 wrote:Just had the phone call. Same questions as during the interview + new ones! I can never tell how I do, but I should hear back within 2 weeks.

I'm starting to get nervous about deadlines. I was accepted as a Summer Associate at the Greenlining Institute last Friday and they haven't told me when I have to respond by. I hope SEO gets back to me in time. I want to do SEO much more, but if I lose the Greenlining internship to wait for SEO and I DON'T get SEO, that would be the worst situation for me.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable with accepting Greenlining then bailing if I get SEO. It feels ethically unsound..


Find out when you have to let Greenlining know and tell SEO you have to know by then. SEO seems to be pretty accommodating about things like that.


This. I told them about my deadline and they were VERY accommodating.

User avatar
excitedutterance
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby excitedutterance » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 pm

accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!

daisyduck
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby daisyduck » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:41 pm

excitedutterance wrote:accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!

Congrats!!! Where did you enroll at?

mp2012
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mp2012 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:04 pm

excitedutterance wrote:accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!


Did you get a phone call before that (not the actual interview)? How long did they take to notify you?

User avatar
excitedutterance
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby excitedutterance » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:35 pm

daisyduck wrote:
excitedutterance wrote:accepted a week and a half ago. didn't know this forum existed. you learn something every day!

Congrats!!! Where did you enroll at?


Harvard--though after I enrolled, I was accepted at Yale and Stanford. So it's subject to change.

mp2012 wrote:Did you get a phone call before that (not the actual interview)? How long did they take to notify you?

I got in the day after my follow-up phone interview.

legends159
Posts: 1090
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby legends159 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:01 pm

excitedutterance wrote:Harvard--though after I enrolled, I was accepted at Yale and Stanford. So it's subject to change.


can you do that?

OverUnderWhelmed
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby OverUnderWhelmed » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing. Not even the email requesting a follow-up phone call. Anyone else still stranded in SEO limbo? Should I assume if I haven't gotten it by now, I'm just not going to?

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby cougarlive » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 pm

OverUnderWhelmed wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing. Not even the email requesting a follow-up phone call. Anyone else still stranded in SEO limbo? Should I assume if I haven't gotten it by now, I'm just not going to?


I'm still waiting to hear too.

OverUnderWhelmed
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby OverUnderWhelmed » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Well, at least we're in it together. Good luck!

User avatar
dachillchick
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby dachillchick » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:00 pm

...still waiting.

User avatar
excitedutterance
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby excitedutterance » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 am

legends159 wrote:
excitedutterance wrote:Harvard--though after I enrolled, I was accepted at Yale and Stanford. So it's subject to change.


can you do that?


Yeah; you're only required to decline preexisting offers of admission. Since no offer was made on my other files at the time, I had nothing to decline. If I change my mind, which I doubt I will, I'll contact SEO about it.

daisyduck
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby daisyduck » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 am

OverUnderWhelmed wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing.

LoR? Were we required to submit one?

User avatar
Skadden Stairs
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Skadden Stairs » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:08 am

daisyduck wrote:
OverUnderWhelmed wrote:I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't received a response yet. I interviewed back in March, immediately submitted my LOR and official transcript, and then....nothing.

LoR? Were we required to submit one?

yes

OverUnderWhelmed
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby OverUnderWhelmed » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:26 am

LoR? Were we required to submit one?[/quote]

I was kind of confused by that too. I thought it said on the website that the official transcript and LOR only needed to be sent in after we were accepted, but during my interview they asked me to go ahead and send both in. I thought maybe it was a good sign, but that was a few weeks ago, so now I'm not so sure.

brownbears
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby brownbears » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 am

Does anyone know when the internship's start date is?

daisyduck
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby daisyduck » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am

lex talionis wrote:
daisyduck wrote:LoR? Were we required to submit one?
yes

K totally don't mean to be a dimwit here, but where on the website does it say to submit one? Because I don't remember seeing it when I applied, and they haven't requested for one either. They are currently "reserving a decision on my file" until I enroll, so I'm assuming I did all that was required.
brownbears wrote:Does anyone know when the internship's start date is?

The website says sometime between late-May and mid-June..

brownbears
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:47 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby brownbears » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:12 am

daisyduck wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
daisyduck wrote:LoR? Were we required to submit one?
yes

K totally don't mean to be a dimwit here, but where on the website does it say to submit one? Because I don't remember seeing it when I applied, and they haven't requested for one either. They are currently "reserving a decision on my file" until I enroll, so I'm assuming I did all that was required.


I'm almost certain an LOR was needed before they could make a decision, don't remember where they said that though

User avatar
summertimechi
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby summertimechi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:14 am

...
Last edited by summertimechi on Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.