SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:42 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not SEO Law would still be a good experience for someone hoping to do public interest? I think it sounds like an incredible experience regardless, but I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts. Would I be better off seeking a PI-related summer internship instead?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not SEO Law would still be a good experience for someone hoping to do public interest? I think it sounds like an incredible experience regardless, but I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts. Would I be better off seeking a PI-related summer internship instead?

I did SEO the summer before law school. Ended up doing another firm my 1L summer, and, for 2L, ultimately decided to forego OCI and went the PI/govt route instead. Thinking back on it, I think it was a valuable experience. I still talk to some of my SEO classmates today -- they're wonderful people and also immensely valuable connections to have. I feel like my experience at my SEO firm was useful in that it kind of gave me a leg up on other SAs at the firm during my 1L summer in that: I knew how firms operated generally, I knew how to talk to partners and associates, I knew how to use firm systems (document templates, proofreaders, etc.), etc. I felt like I had a much easier transition than my coworkers did.

And, even more, it was really useful in helping me to figure out if going to a firm was something I really wanted to do. I ended up trying it, disliked it, gave it another go, and ultimately decided that it wasn't for me and I would be happier in PI/govt work. But I'm glad I got to try it and glad I had exposure early on, as it certainly was useful for talking about in interviews, and the experience I gained in the job was transferrable to other jobs I had later on during my law school career.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:I did SEO the summer before law school. Ended up doing another firm my 1L summer, and, for 2L, ultimately decided to forego OCI and went the PI/govt route instead. Thinking back on it, I think it was a valuable experience. I still talk to some of my SEO classmates today -- they're wonderful people and also immensely valuable connections to have. I feel like my experience at my SEO firm was useful in that it kind of gave me a leg up on other SAs at the firm during my 1L summer in that: I knew how firms operated generally, I knew how to talk to partners and associates, I knew how to use firm systems (document templates, proofreaders, etc.), etc. I felt like I had a much easier transition than my coworkers did.

And, even more, it was really useful in helping me to figure out if going to a firm was something I really wanted to do. I ended up trying it, disliked it, gave it another go, and ultimately decided that it wasn't for me and I would be happier in PI/govt work. But I'm glad I got to try it and glad I had exposure early on, as it certainly was useful for talking about in interviews, and the experience I gained in the job was transferrable to other jobs I had later on during my law school career.


Thank you so much! This was really helpful to hear, and it sounds like it would definitely be a worthwhile experience.

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:49 am

Does anyone know if any of the places SEO partners with would be good for someone interested in entertainment law?

Also... Has anyone received an interview request this cycle yet?

bgt1995
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby bgt1995 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if any of the places SEO partners with would be good for someone interested in entertainment law?

Also... Has anyone received an interview request this cycle yet?


Just got the interview request today... I'm so excited!!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Just got the interview request, too! Does anyone know what to expect from the interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:00 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got the interview request, too! Does anyone know what to expect from the interview?


I think a lot of what to expect is somewhere in the depths of these pages.

And I'm going to find as much as I can before my interview tomorrow :lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 am

Do we know if the interview request is an indication that it's looking good for us, or do they tend to interview a lot of applicants?

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got the interview request, too! Does anyone know what to expect from the interview?


I think a lot of what to expect is somewhere in the depths of these pages.

And I'm going to find as much as I can before my interview tomorrow :lol:


Good luck! Let us know how it goes tomorrow!

Anonymous User
Posts: 280698
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do we know if the interview request is an indication that it's looking good for us, or do they tend to interview a lot of applicants?


Bump. Anyone from previous SEO years know?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.