SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if everyone who got follow ups were for the same location?



Any follow up requests today ranked DC as #1? I did

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if everyone who got follow ups were for the same location?



Any follow up requests today ranked DC as #1? I did


Yes I did too

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby subtle » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:36 pm

NYC SEOs, if any of you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'd definitely rather answer your questions than study for finals.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder if everyone who got follow ups were for the same location?



Any follow up requests today ranked DC as #1? I did


Yes I did too


Same!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:13 pm

For anyone who had a follow-up interview, did you ask when you would receive a decision?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:18 pm

I received an offer, and I think I might have asked for a general timeline for the future/summer.

I also have a question for acceptees/alums of SEO: how did people handle headshots? I can't afford a professional photographer and my passport photo is terrible--will these be available for everyone to see?

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer, and I think I might have asked for a general timeline for the future/summer.

I also have a question for acceptees/alums of SEO: how did people handle headshots? I can't afford a professional photographer and my passport photo is terrible--will these be available for everyone to see?

Thanks!


For what market?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:45 pm

Has anyone been selected for DC yet?

User avatar
BlakcMajikc
Posts: 763
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer, and I think I might have asked for a general timeline for the future/summer.

I also have a question for acceptees/alums of SEO: how did people handle headshots? I can't afford a professional photographer and my passport photo is terrible--will these be available for everyone to see?

Thanks!


Find a friend who has a nice camera. Take a photo in biz formal with great lighting and neutral background.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:03 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer, and I think I might have asked for a general timeline for the future/summer.

I also have a question for acceptees/alums of SEO: how did people handle headshots? I can't afford a professional photographer and my passport photo is terrible--will these be available for everyone to see?

Thanks!


Find a friend who has a nice camera. Take a photo in biz formal with great lighting and neutral background.



Thank you! And for the previous question -- I received an offer for NYC yesterday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Does anyone know what SEO is looking for in follow-ups?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:46 pm

is someone willing to setup a facebook page?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received an offer, and I think I might have asked for a general timeline for the future/summer.

I also have a question for acceptees/alums of SEO: how did people handle headshots? I can't afford a professional photographer and my passport photo is terrible--will these be available for everyone to see?

Thanks!


Last year I found a neutral colored wall in my house and had my dad take a cell phone pic. It turned out fine. It's not that big of a deal, obviously just look professional.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby subtle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:00 pm

The problem with cell phone pics is quality. Just get a passport photo taken in a suit and smile in the photo.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 pm

subtle wrote:The problem with cell phone pics is quality. Just get a passport photo taken in a suit and smile in the photo.


That's an option, but any newer smartphone should be able to take a good photo, especially the Samsung Galaxies.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
subtle wrote:The problem with cell phone pics is quality. Just get a passport photo taken in a suit and smile in the photo.


That's an option, but any newer smartphone should be able to take a good photo, especially the Samsung Galaxies.


It came out fine. If you have the time and wanna put in the effort of getting an official photo, then definitely do that. I was just pointing out it's not something to stress over because I definitely stressed about it unnecessarily last year. If you have a smartphone that's less than 2 years old, it's more than capable of taking the pic you'll need.

ETA: I did the same thing for the firm I'll be at this summer and there was no issue with the pic I sent them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:16 pm

So are all the follow up interviews done? Did anyone ask for a timeline?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So are all the follow up interviews done? Did anyone ask for a timeline?


Had mine yesterday. Didn't ask for a timeline though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 am

Follow up interview on Tuesday. Offered position today (Wednesday)!!

SEO is looking to have class selected by May 2

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 am

Nice! What city?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am

congrats... shoot, looks like I'm out then if ppl are getting accepted from follow-ups

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby subtle » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:congrats... shoot, looks like I'm out then if ppl are getting accepted from follow-ups


You're not out until you're out. Last year some people had two interviews, some people had one, some people had three. Some people with two interviews didn't get accepted. I had my interviews way farther apart than other people and still got in.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:42 am

Has anyone been accepted to the Houston/Atlanta programs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273179
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am

subtle wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:congrats... shoot, looks like I'm out then if ppl are getting accepted from follow-ups


You're not out until you're out. Last year some people had two interviews, some people had one, some people had three. Some people with two interviews didn't get accepted. I had my interviews way farther apart than other people and still got in.


Oh ok, I'm saying I had a follow up and didn't hear back from it like the above poster has.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby subtle » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
subtle wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:congrats... shoot, looks like I'm out then if ppl are getting accepted from follow-ups


You're not out until you're out. Last year some people had two interviews, some people had one, some people had three. Some people with two interviews didn't get accepted. I had my interviews way farther apart than other people and still got in.


Oh ok, I'm saying I had a follow up and didn't hear back from it like the above poster has.


I know, I'm just saying. You're not out, until you're out. Some people sent their seat deposits and heard back later the same day or the next day. Some people sent their seat deposits and heard back weeks later. Getting in now or getting in in May is still getting in. So there's still time.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.