SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
BlakcMajikc

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
mt2165 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do we know how many apply for the roughly 85 spots?

I've always wondered this...I feel like it can't be that many just thinking about the #of URM's in the t14's and the much smaller # who have to know about SEO in order to apply, if you're not deep in TLS or some similar forum or resource, how does one figure out about SEO?

After a bit of Linkedin stalking, I found this on the page of an SEO Law 2012 Alum:

Selected as 1 of 84 out of 750+ (350+ interviewed) applicants to participate in national pre-law program.

Kind of creepy... Just saying. Glad you posted anon...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
mt2165 wrote:

I've always wondered this...I feel like it can't be that many just thinking about the #of URM's in the t14's and the much smaller # who have to know about SEO in order to apply, if you're not deep in TLS or some similar forum or resource, how does one figure out about SEO?

After a bit of Linkedin stalking, I found this on the page of an SEO Law 2012 Alum:

Selected as 1 of 84 out of 750+ (350+ interviewed) applicants to participate in national pre-law program.

Is this person now attending a T-6 perchance?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Really hoping they get back to me next week/asap. I'll feel terrible having to give my work any less than a month's notice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
mt2165 wrote:

Is this person now attending a T-6 perchance?

Yup
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:47 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
mt2165 wrote:

Real question:

Would you feel more comfortable if I'd said "I think I recall reading somewhere..." instead of quoting the page? Even if I got the info the same way?

subtle

Postby subtle » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:21 pm

I will confirm that the quoted number of applicants to number of spots is about accurate.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
BlakcMajikc wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
mt2165 wrote:

Real question:

Would you feel more comfortable if I'd said "I think I recall reading somewhere..." instead of quoting the page? Even if I got the info the same way?

Yeah, probably would have been a bit less weird. Could have just said "from a strong source."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Will we get some sort of confirmation once our recommender submits their online form and once our transcripts are received?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Will we get some sort of confirmation once our recommender submits their online form and once our transcripts are received?

On the page to submit recommendations it will say if it is received or not. You will not get any confirmation about your transcript being received.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Will we get some sort of confirmation once our recommender submits their online form and once our transcripts are received?

On the page to submit recommendations it will say if it is received or not. You will not get any confirmation about your transcript being received.

I would just call up your undergraduate institution and double check that they did send your transcript.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any idea of chances from a lower t14 like Cornell? Given a good interview?

Also curious about this

Late to respond to this, but coming from a lower T14 isn't a big deal. My year, the most represented schools in NYC were Harvard, then Columbia/Cornell tied (with 5/6 each). I chose Cornell over T6 and was concerned it'd affect my shot at SEO, but it didn't.

mt2165

Postby mt2165 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any idea of chances from a lower t14 like Cornell? Given a good interview?

Also curious about this

Late to respond to this, but coming from a lower T14 isn't a big deal. My year, the most represented schools in NYC were Harvard, then Columbia/Cornell tied (with 5/6 each). I chose Cornell over T6 and was concerned it'd affect my shot at SEO, but it didn't.

Ahh that's absolutely great/comforting

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:32 am

has anyone who applied to LA or DC gotten accepted yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 am

That's what I was wondering as well. I know that a group of students got accepted to New York last week.

This thread has been dead for a while. Anybody wanna share updates? Am I the only one who frequently checks this thread? lol

mandyjay11

Postby mandyjay11 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:39 am

I'm sure they will start handing out decisions next week. I think it would be unfair to make us try to find housing arrangements with less than a few weeks notice.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Two URMs I know got SEO NY today. They made Facebook statuses about it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Two URMs I know got SEO NY today. They made Facebook statuses about it.

My guess is these people are attending one of the following: Harvard, NYU, Columbia.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Two URMs I know got SEO NY today. They made Facebook statuses about it.

My guess is these people are attending one of the following: Harvard, NYU, Columbia.

Ugh, I really had high hopes of getting into this program. Those hopes have dissipated this week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 pm

One is attending UChi I think and the other is attending Penn.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:33 pm

Ugh!.. this just made me worry...Has anyone heard back for DC yet???? Or is it just NY so far?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:07 pm

I don't know the general time frame for this, but I can report that I had my interview this week. I applied very late (early March), and I received my interview request in mid April. I just had my interview this past week (first slot open). I'm HYSCCN URM. I expect they'll give me my decision sometime next week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't know the general time frame for this, but I can report that I had my interview this week. I applied very late (early March), and I received my interview request in mid April. I just had my interview this past week (first slot open). I'm HYSCCN URM. I expect they'll give me my decision sometime next week.

You applied past the deadline and got an interview? Also, what makes you "expect" they'll give you your decisions "sometime next week?"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I don't know the general time frame for this, but I can report that I had my interview this week. I applied very late (early March), and I received my interview request in mid April. I just had my interview this past week (first slot open). I'm HYSCCN URM. I expect they'll give me my decision sometime next week.

You applied past the deadline and got an interview? Also, what makes you "expect" they'll give you your decisions "sometime next week?"

Yes, I applied very much past the last deadline and got an interview. The emails said the very last day to interview was April 18th.

I expect that I will get my decision because 1. "I don't know the general time frame for this" but they did tell me that the first day of work is May 19th (or May 27th, depending on where you get placed) and I don't think they'll give me less than a month to quit my job and move across the country.

and

2. I also expect because I had a good interview, I'm a minority and I'm going to a T6 school, TLS wisdom says that's all I need; the cat's in the bag. Who am I to disagree with such good news? Oh and it's for NY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:10 pm

URMs who deposited at Harvard got dinged last year. I wouldn't go as far as to call myself a shoo-in.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Anyone get an offer for LA or SF market? My guess is that they full up the NY positions first.

Return to “Legal Employment”