SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Anyone else received another email request to interview? I have already interviewed. Not sure why another invite was sent out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else received another email request to interview? I have already interviewed. Not sure why another invite was sent out.

Follow-up

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Don't know about double deposits but in my year, multiple people end up changing schools during SEO and after submitting deposits. SEO did not care at all, nor do they know how many WLs you are even on. Most schools in the top 50 or so don't require a deposit until after acceptance from WL. You just deposit at one school and stay on the wait list at others.

This is true. A friend of mine even spoke with them about being on a waitlist and they gave her helpful advice. They were not upset.

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Don't know about double deposits but in my year, multiple people end up changing schools during SEO and after submitting deposits. SEO did not care at all, nor do they know how many WLs you are even on. Most schools in the top 50 or so don't require a deposit until after acceptance from WL. You just deposit at one school and stay on the wait list at others.

This is true. A friend of mine even spoke with them about being on a waitlist and they gave her helpful advice. They were not upset.

I wasn't saying they don't support being on a WL. I was on one last summer and it was no problem. However, I was explicitly told by the former director of the program that, while changing schools once you get off a WL was fine, if you're changing schools 2+ times, that upsets them.

Just to be clear: Double depositing is bad, being on multiple WLs isn't, in itself, a problem, but changing schools more than once will upset them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:41 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else received another email request to interview? I have already interviewed. Not sure why another invite was sent out.

Follow-up

I also did, but the email said to ignore the invite if I've already interviewed... so just admin reasons maybe?

Btw, does anyone know how many people get SEO positions out of everyone that interviews/applies? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Follow-up

I also did, but the email said to ignore the invite if I've already interviewed... so just admin reasons maybe?

Btw, does anyone know how many people get SEO positions out of everyone that interviews/applies? Thanks!

You already did your second interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Follow-up

You already did your second interview?

Sorry, I might just be super confused. I did one interview, and then they sent me another email exactly like my first interview request email. At the top of my second interview request email, it said to ignore this interview request, if you have already interviewed.

Does SEO do another round of interviews? If so, does it say in the second interview invite that it is a second round follow-up interview?

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does SEO do another round of interviews? If so, does it say in the second interview invite that it is a second round follow-up interview?

Last year, the number of interviews wasn't consistent. Some interviewed once and it was silent till they deposited, other interviewed 2, even 3 times. I remember getting interview emails that said the same thing you've posted and I ignored them. If they want you to interview again, they'll ask you. I feel like they just don't bother to filter who gets what emails.

t-14orbust

Postby t-14orbust » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Didn't get another interview request. Did get an e-mail telling me that for my app to be complete I need a recommendation, official transcript, and copy of a seat deposit.

subtle

Postby subtle » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:22 pm

SEO can be really inconsistent from year to year about letters of rec. To be considered, you will need a letter of rec, but some years they have you submit it as you apply, while in other years they request it only after your initial interview. If you got an email requesting one, send it. If it seems like a form email, you could double check if you want, but I would just send it. You'll need one eventually anyway.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:48 am

Can any former SEO alums comment on what's the best way to confirm receipt of both a LOR and official transcript. Should we contact our interviewer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can any former SEO alums comment on what's the best way to confirm receipt of both a LOR and official transcript. Should we contact our interviewer?

Call.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

How long after submitting did you guys get interview requests?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:How long after submitting did you guys get interview requests?

5 days.

Does the Add/Edit Recommendation option become unavailable or removed once SEO receives a recommendation? I no longer have this as an option in my login. I now only have the "Print", "Law School Information" and "Logout" as options.

nugnoy

Postby nugnoy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:18 pm

glad to have found this thread - just applied last week. 1: LA, 2: NY, 3: SF/PA

subtle

Postby subtle » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long after submitting did you guys get interview requests?

5 days.

Does the Add/Edit Recommendation option become unavailable or removed once SEO receives a recommendation? I no longer have this as an option in my login. I now only have the "Print", "Law School Information" and "Logout" as options.

1. I got my interview request months after I applied.

2. This is a new feature of the website.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:32 pm

subtle wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

5 days.

My Add/Edit recommendation link is still there but it says "Your application has been submitted," which I don't think was there until now. So has my recommendation been sent in/how would I check?

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
subtle wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

5 days.

My Add/Edit recommendation link is still there but it says "Your application has been submitted," which I don't think was there until now. So has my recommendation been sent in/how would I check?

I would call them to confirm if you're concerned.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:24 pm

When one submits a LOR, can it just be one that a professor sent to law school? Or does it have to be tailored to SEO?

subtle

Postby subtle » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When one submits a LOR, can it just be one that a professor sent to law school? Or does it have to be tailored to SEO?

Do whatever you want, but I would tailor it. Especially because your recommendations for law school probably say something along the lines of "So and so would make an excellent candidate at your school/institution."

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When one submits a LOR, can it just be one that a professor sent to law school? Or does it have to be tailored to SEO?

You can send the exact same LOR. In fact, they tell you right on the website that they'll accept them. No tailoring is needed whatsoever. If you really want to, go for it, but its irrelevant.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:06 am

txdude45 wrote:

You can send the exact same LOR. In fact, they tell you right on the website that they'll accept them. No tailoring is needed whatsoever. If you really want to, go for it, but its irrelevant.

TITCR

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 am

Is there anyone that can talk to the financial commitment of this program ? If I am accepted I will be moving out of state for this program just after paying a $500+ seat deposit. How did people from low income backgrounds swing this? I don't want to pass up this opportunity if I get it but if I don't have the funds I may have to.

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:Is there anyone that can talk to the financial commitment of this program ? If I am accepted I will be moving out of state for this program just after paying a $500+ seat deposit. How did people from low income backgrounds swing this? I don't want to pass up this opportunity if I get it but if I don't have the funds I may have to.

Don't spend another dime until the program starts. Take out a personal loan. Use credits cards until your first paycheck. Stay with friends, family, or couch surf. It'll be well worth it.

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 am

BlakcMajikc wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is there anyone that can talk to the financial commitment of this program ? If I am accepted I will be moving out of state for this program just after paying a $500+ seat deposit. How did people from low income backgrounds swing this? I don't want to pass up this opportunity if I get it but if I don't have the funds I may have to.

Don't spend another dime until the program starts. Take out a personal loan. Use credits cards until your first paycheck. Stay with friends, family, or couch surf. It'll be well worth it.

This.

Return to “Legal Employment”