SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:17 pm

Dear SEO Law Team,

Please call me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Would anyone advise against contacting the program to inquire about decisions. As others have voiced on this thread, as the years comes to an end I've had to put a lot of plans on pause as I wait for a response and it's getting kind of late

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would anyone advise against contacting the program to inquire about decisions. As others have voiced on this thread, as the years comes to an end I've had to put a lot of plans on pause as I wait for a response and it's getting kind of late

I was in a PM conversation last week with someone who emailed an inquiry about this two or three weeks ago. As of Friday they'd still heard nothing. Point is don't email... call if you do ask, I'd love to know

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dear SEO Law Team,

Please call me.

x ∞

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dear SEO Law Team,

Please call me.

x ∞

x ∞^2

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:29 pm

I would advise against calling until after May 1st, which is when they will have all the deposits in, because you will just annoy them.

But if you DO call, tell them you have been offered another summer position and need to give them an answer ASAP. In short, don't just call and be like "but I wanna know noooow so I can plan my summer vacation......"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 pm

What is in the subject line for rejection emails - Decision?
Any movement today (+/-)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:43 am

Hmmmm, so can we expect a big wave of dings tomorrow? Class is probably full by now

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hmmmm, so can we expect a big wave of dings tomorrow? Class is probably full by now

At this point, I'm almost hoping to rejected, just so they'll stop stringing me along. But really, why couldn't they have rejected me sooner? *shakes fist*

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:05 pm

I am really hoping calls will go out in the next two days as they now should have a finalized list of where every applicant is attending. I'm pretty sure they still have acceptances to extend.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hmmmm, so can we expect a big wave of dings tomorrow? Class is probably full by now

I hope so...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am really hoping calls will go out in the next two days as they now should have a finalized list of where every applicant is attending. I'm pretty sure they still have acceptances to extend.

why so sure of this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I am really hoping calls will go out in the next two days as they now should have a finalized list of where every applicant is attending. I'm pretty sure they still have acceptances to extend.

why so sure of this?

Not OP, but it makes sense - if there were no more acceptances to extend, why string all of those who haven't been accepted (and won't be if no more acceptances are going out) along just to reject them? So, if we haven't been accepted, and won't be, why not email informing of such?

There have been email dings though in the past couple of weeks. So it would seem fair to say that those who have not yet been dinged still have some sort of chance of being accepted.

Edit for grammurrrr

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

why so sure of this?

Not OP, but it makes sense - if there were no more acceptances to extend, why string all of those who haven't been accepted (and won't be if no more acceptances are going out) along just to reject them? So, if we haven't been accepted, and won't be, why not email informing of such?

There have been email dings though in the past couple of weeks. So it would seem fair to say that those who have not yet been dinged still have some sort of chance of being accepted.

Edit for grammurrrr

It makes sense but I don't understand why they still need to keep so many of us in this limbo. Don't they have a good idea of where people are going? I mean I highly doubt an applicant who got into t4 is going to go somewhere less than a t14. Unless firms are like... oh we specifically want people who are going to x,y, and z schools (which I highly doubt they do), then why can't they just decide on a timeline similar to a couple years back... Whatever, praying they get notifications out by the end of this week. It would be nice to finalize things.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:21 pm

admitted SEOer here.

Just received an email from SEO and the "to" area only included 20 email addresses. Unsure if they broke up the email into batches or if they have only admitted 20 students.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:30 pm

well i hope so... that means more spots are left...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:admitted SEOer here.

Just received an email from SEO and the "to" area only included 20 email addresses. Unsure if they broke up the email into batches or if they have only admitted 20 students.

I can confirm that They break up the batches to about 15-20 names per email. (I'm admitted as well and received the email but others I know who were admitted before me already got it) I'd say its more like a rolling email that goes out to the newest admits at a time. That being said I do believe there are more acceptances to go out...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:46 pm

edit: scooped above

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:47 pm

haha this is humorous. the same exchange/dialogue went on on last year's thread. if last year is any indication, acc to the thread, yes, they broke this "email" up in batches. I know it's like waiting for freaken GODOT, but chill. I mean, act as though you're not getting it--that way if you do, it'll be a pleasant surprise and if you don't, you won't be horrified and your mind would have been set on moving on

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:haha this is humorous. the same exchange/dialogue went on on last year's thread. if last year is any indication, acc to the thread, yes, they broke this "email" up in batches. I know it's like waiting for freaken GODOT, but chill. I mean, act as though you're not getting it--that way if you do, it'll be a pleasant surprise and if you don't, you won't be horrified and your mind would have been set on moving on

oh god waiting for godot. Our 11th grade teacher made us read it, write an essay on it, and then watch the movie... i will never forget

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:haha this is humorous. the same exchange/dialogue went on on last year's thread. if last year is any indication, acc to the thread, yes, they broke this "email" up in batches. I know it's like waiting for freaken GODOT, but chill. I mean, act as though you're not getting it--that way if you do, it'll be a pleasant surprise and if you don't, you won't be horrified and your mind would have been set on moving on

oh god waiting for godot. Our 11th grade teacher made us read it, write an essay on it, and then watch the movie... i will never forget

I hated that book SOOOO much.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 pm

So any new acceptees today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 01, 2013 8:21 am

In! Everyone should know this week for sure.

EDIT: everyone should know by now, besides, I'm assuming a very, very small minority. I only say this bc, i rem. someone saying that they have to present the class profile by the beg. of May. just trying to help w. expectations.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 am

why do you think everyone "but a small minority" should be in by now?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:why do you think everyone "but a small minority" should be in by now?

I say most should know by now because the organization has a deadline of some kind in which they NEED to gave the class made up. I'm lucky to know a hand full of folks who were also accepted to the program this year and they've said that when they asked in their interview about when we should hear back, it was mentioned that by the "end of April because the foundation has deadlines given to them/or made by them". They need to start placing people with different employers quickly. So, I'm just tryin to offer what I know. I don't know how this year time frame compares to the last, but it's all I know. Hope the info. helps.

Return to “Legal Employment”