SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:49 pm

So, was it just a refresher interview? What was the second interview like since it was different from the other two. Also I can only assume having more interviews is a positive, at least it isn't a denial!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:So, was it just a refresher interview? What was the second interview like since it was different from the other two. Also I can only assume having more interviews is a positive, at least it isn't a denial!



Ya, definitely not complaining, just confused and wondering when a decision will be made. The second interview was considerably more brief.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey, has anyone had a third interview?


how come? are invites for third interviews being sent out?



had one today...it was extremely similar to the first one; for reference I had one in person and then two via skype. I know people have gotten in with 1 or 2 interviews...this is the first I have heard about a third; anyone else??

Do you mind sharing who you interviewed with? I wish I could unanon but I got too many posts on this stupid website lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, was it just a refresher interview? What was the second interview like since it was different from the other two. Also I can only assume having more interviews is a positive, at least it isn't a denial!



Ya, definitely not complaining, just confused and wondering when a decision will be made. The second interview was considerably more brief.



Also I looked back at an old thread. People there had three interviews also. So it isn't unheard of.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So, was it just a refresher interview? What was the second interview like since it was different from the other two. Also I can only assume having more interviews is a positive, at least it isn't a denial!



Ya, definitely not complaining, just confused and wondering when a decision will be made. The second interview was considerably more brief.



Also I looked back at an old thread. People there had three interviews also. So it isn't unheard of.


It was in person in LA, Luisa Ewing, then Courtney Paul; in which thread did you find the information?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Ok, so it sounds like the three interviews are for people who had in-person as their first. So you wouldn't have 3 skype interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm

any calls today? This wait is killer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:19 pm

The wait continues as time to arrange housing dissipates. Hey what up NY, want to find me somewhere to live in like 3 days?

oh ya, and thats if I'm lucky enough to get accepted. Law School cycle...just end already; i'm done.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If we've had one interview but no letter of rec request, does that imply a rejection? Is the letter of rec requested before the second interview or after?


My letter of rec request occurred at the end of my interview. When they asked to schedule a second interview they also mentioned it again in the email (since I haven't gotten it in yet due to my rec being out of town).


Mine also came at the end of my interview, except that was my only interview..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The wait continues as time to arrange housing dissipates. Hey what up NY, want to find me somewhere to live in like 3 days?

oh ya, and thats if I'm lucky enough to get accepted. Law School cycle...just end already; i'm done.


yeah this is getting stupid. I'm starting to dig myself into a hole with my current employer who needs to know if I might be leaving too so this is making work suck as is

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Has anyone looked at last year's posts and noticed that the timeline was way later than it was this year?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone looked at last year's posts and noticed that the timeline was way later than it was this year?


That's partly because of the Dewey implosion around that time, when Dewey had been one of the leading SEO-friendly employers. You look at the year before that, there were tons of March admits.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone looked at last year's posts and noticed that the timeline was way later than it was this year?


That's partly because of the Dewey implosion around that time, when Dewey had been one of the leading SEO-friendly employers. You look at the year before that, there were tons of March admits.


:( Ok so its over? we're doneskies?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone looked at last year's posts and noticed that the timeline was way later than it was this year?


That's partly because of the Dewey implosion around that time, when Dewey had been one of the leading SEO-friendly employers. You look at the year before that, there were tons of March admits.


:( Ok so its over? we're doneskies?


Nope. Remember they can't fill the class until everyone deposits (or so it seems) which can't be until next week at the very earliest.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:05 pm

How soon after you guys sent in a deposit did you get in or dinged?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 pm

We have to remember that folks were getting in days before orientation. The wait is brutal and it may not be worth it for some, but I don't think those of us who want this internship no matter what should count ourselves out until we officially receive a rejection.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How soon after you guys sent in a deposit did you get in or dinged?



3 days

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The wait continues as time to arrange housing dissipates. Hey what up NY, want to find me somewhere to live in like 3 days?

oh ya, and thats if I'm lucky enough to get accepted. Law School cycle...just end already; i'm done.


Three days? Why three days? Goodness, you have me scared.

Not to out myself, but I'm depositing at a school where everything is paper-based. So I'm hoping I can get my deposit confirmation before noon tomorrow (the deposit's already delivered, according to the carrier).

If not, I might call Admissions at, like, 1 pm tomorrow to demand a confirmation before COB.

So stressed. First law school, and now this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The wait continues as time to arrange housing dissipates. Hey what up NY, want to find me somewhere to live in like 3 days?

oh ya, and thats if I'm lucky enough to get accepted. Law School cycle...just end already; i'm done.


Three days? Why three days? Goodness, you have me scared.

Not to out myself, but I'm depositing at a school where everything is paper-based. So I'm hoping I can get my deposit confirmation before noon tomorrow (the deposit's already delivered, according to the carrier).

If not, I might call Admissions at, like, 1 pm tomorrow to demand a confirmation before COB.

So stressed. First law school, and now this.



I mentioned it a little earlier in the thread but I never sent in "confirmation" from the school that I deposited. Mine was paper based as well but I just scanned the deposit form and sent that in, and obviously that sufficed. Good luck!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Hey guys! I was wondering if it was possible to interview for a certain location, DC for example, and then get another location because the school you are attending is in another market location?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys! I was wondering if it was possible to interview for a certain location, DC for example, and then get another location because the school you are attending is in another market location?


I'm wondering about the exact same thing!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys! I was wondering if it was possible to interview for a certain location, DC for example, and then get another location because the school you are attending is in another market location?


I'm wondering about the exact same thing!


Also wondering about this. I thought I was going to a certain school when I requested my location that I interviewed with, but now I'll be hundred miles away. I wonder if they will ask or just place you lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How soon after you guys sent in a deposit did you get in or dinged?

I sent in proof of deposit and got in the next day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The wait continues as time to arrange housing dissipates. Hey what up NY, want to find me somewhere to live in like 3 days?

oh ya, and thats if I'm lucky enough to get accepted. Law School cycle...just end already; i'm done.


Three days? Why three days? Goodness, you have me scared.

Not to out myself, but I'm depositing at a school where everything is paper-based. So I'm hoping I can get my deposit confirmation before noon tomorrow (the deposit's already delivered, according to the carrier).

If not, I might call Admissions at, like, 1 pm tomorrow to demand a confirmation before COB.

So stressed. First law school, and now this.


I mentioned it a little earlier in the thread but I never sent in "confirmation" from the school that I deposited. Mine was paper based as well but I just scanned the deposit form and sent that in, and obviously that sufficed. Good luck!


Dammit. I might just do that, scan it, and then keep the copy. I really don't plan on waiting for others to do this for me -- and if they want a confirmation, I can bug them for it and save it in my email. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273375
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:We have to remember that folks were getting in days before orientation. The wait is brutal and it may not be worth it for some, but I don't think those of us who want this internship no matter what should count ourselves out until we officially receive a rejection.


We all want it. That's why we're gutting this out. That doesn't mean it's horribly inconvenient and the prospect of hundreds or thousands of dollars lost, strained relations with our current employers and royally screwed up housing for the summer (all of this combined with a sizable chance of not getting into SEO) really, truly sucks.

I hope they're sending out more rejections so we don't keep waiting for nothing.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.