SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does everyone get an initial interview? I just got the invite and was pretty excited. Do we have tips available for the interview and also any information on trickery questions they may ask?

There's tons of info on this throughout the thread (even within the last 15 or so pages). A quick search within the thread will give you the info you're looking for, although it's pretty standard info (like interview format), and nothing too tricky.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:30 pm

I hate this. I turned down one paid summer internship offer to see how this turned out, and if I leave my current job I need to let them know now. I want SEO so bad I might just prepare to leave now anyway and live without a job for the summer if I don't get in. That or Starbucks...

SEO, I know you're understaffed, but if you're reading this please send decisions out ASAP. I've put a lot on the line for you and I just need to know, for better or for worse. I don't think I'm alone in my predicament.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I hate this. I turned down one paid summer internship offer to see how this turned out, and if I leave my current job I need to let them know now. I want SEO so bad I might just prepare to leave now anyway and live without a job for the summer if I don't get in. That or Starbucks...

SEO, I know you're understaffed, but if you're reading this please send decisions out ASAP. I've put a lot on the line for you and I just need to know, for better or for worse. I don't think I'm alone in my predicament.

Their website says that notifications for the law program don't go out until early-mid May, so there could be more than a month left of waiting before some of us are notified.

http://www.seo-usa.org/career/intern-re ... /key-dates

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I hate this. I turned down one paid summer internship offer to see how this turned out, and if I leave my current job I need to let them know now. I want SEO so bad I might just prepare to leave now anyway and live without a job for the summer if I don't get in. That or Starbucks...

Their website says that notifications for the law program don't go out until early-mid May, so there could be more than a month left of waiting before some of us are notified.

We learned yesterday that SEO wants to close the class by May 1st. So I'd bet it'll be sooner than later now. Coupled with the fact that quite a few people have heard, but just aren't advertising it. Good Luck everyone!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Not "OP" but I was told mid-April directly.

Also, the site you posted says "Early-Mid May - Law interns are notified about placements." That's firm placement. Not acceptance or rejection.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Any news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:30 am

So, I have a dilemma. I was informed I was selected for an interview, but they only have interviews available for tomorrow. Unfortunately I have finals for a few classes tomorrow and can't make their selected times comfortably. If wait until Thursday to check again, will it be updated with more slots? When I click find next it doesn't show any other times. Should I just bite the bullet and register and try to do the interview in between classes?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:So, I have a dilemma. I was informed I was selected for an interview, but they only have interviews available for tomorrow. Unfortunately I have finals for a few classes tomorrow and can't make their selected times comfortably. If wait until Thursday to check again, will it be updated with more slots? When I click find next it doesn't show any other times. Should I just bite the bullet and register and try to do the interview in between classes?

I'd say more slots would open up if this was any earlier, but given how late this is in the process there's a little more uncertainty with regards to their time. Please do call them and ask, that'd be the best and most reliable thing you could do.

If you do interview tomorrow, know they run about 20 minutes to half an hour, erring on the higher side. Good luck.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Not to be annoying, but what's the harm in posting if you get an offer? I thought that was the whole point of anon posting?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not to be annoying, but what's the harm in posting if you get an offer? I thought that was the whole point of anon posting?

SEO often tells applicants not to post anything about acceptances because they don't want a panic to start and to receive a lot of useless phone calls/emails. And since there have presumably been so few acceptances, announcing an offer (even while anon) could risk outing you to them.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Not to be annoying, but what's the harm in posting if you get an offer? I thought that was the whole point of anon posting?

SEO often tells applicants not to post anything about acceptances because they don't want a panic to start and to receive a lot of useless phone calls/emails. And since there have presumably been so few acceptances, announcing an offer (even while anon) could risk outing you to them.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 pm

I would appreciate if the world would stop emailing me until I have an answer from SEO.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 pm

ZZzzzzzz.... where's that one person with the stories about his/her shitty job? We need some time wasting activity in here.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:23 pm

Have all of y'all already had a follow up? Anyone still waiting to see if they get one?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have all of y'all already had a follow up? Anyone still waiting to see if they get one?

I also haven't been contacted about a follow up yet. Is this a bad sign? Who was your first interview with?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have all of y'all already had a follow up? Anyone still waiting to see if they get one?

I also haven't been contacted about a follow up yet. Is this a bad sign? Who was your first interview with?

Unfortunately most signs point to bad news since I think many people have received one. I haven't either though :( Definitely disappointing. I interviewed with Luisa...u?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Unfortunately most signs point to bad news since I think many people have received one. I haven't either though :( Definitely disappointing. I interviewed with Luisa...u?

Same..I think she's a higher up though so a second interview may be unnecessary...at least that's what I hope :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Same..I think she's a higher up though so a second interview may be unnecessary...at least that's what I hope :(

Agreed. Not 100% sure but it looks like if your first interview wasn't with a key decision maker for the law program, you get a follow-up interview. Don't fret!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Unfortunately most signs point to bad news since I think many people have received one. I haven't either though :( Definitely disappointing. I interviewed with Luisa...u?[/quote]

Same..I think she's a higher up though so a second interview may be unnecessary...at least that's what I hope :([/quote]

Agreed. Not 100% sure but it looks like if your first interview wasn't with a key decision maker for the law program, you get a follow-up interview. Don't fret![/quote]

Reealllly praying this is the case!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:ZZzzzzzz.... where's that one person with the stories about his/her shitty job? We need some time wasting activity in here.

I'm here! I got in guys! Quitting was the best. My boss was super nice about it. Working hard on a 100 row excel spreadsheet though. Don't want to stay late for THAT....
So previous (significant) WE may help.

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Agreed. Not 100% sure but it looks like if your first interview wasn't with a key decision maker for the law program, you get a follow-up interview. Don't fret!

Simple solution (since I'm also a Luisa interviewee): has anyone ITT who interviewed with Luisa received a follow up?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:02 pm

txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Simple solution (since I'm also a Luisa interviewee): has anyone ITT who interviewed with Luisa received a follow up?

Yes

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes

+1

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes

Wait, actually? Was your first one bad?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Wait, actually? Was your first one bad?

If it was bad he probably wouldn't have gotten a follow-up.

Return to “Legal Employment”