SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an email from SEO. It was not a decision, but my heart stopped anyway.

About submitting deposit proof?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys. Is the enrollment confirmation something that a school sends us after they have processed our deposit, or is it the sheet that we signed with our deposit?

It can be anything that says you've deposited. A screenshot of a status checker qualifies so long as it says something about a deposit being received/confirmed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

ah! If only I had a deposit to submit :( Still deciding!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:ah! If only I had a deposit to submit :( Still deciding!

I have one, submitted it a long time ago, and *still* got the message. :?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 pm

I waited a few minutes to compose myself before reading what I thought was a ding.

I didn't get any SEO email. What did it say? Was it only for people who hadn't submitted proof of a deposit yet?

Edit: Does it mean anything if we didn't get an email about the deposit, despite having had a follow-up interview? :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

it seems as though the email was like a general reminder everyone either got/will get regardless of the follow up situation maybe? But who knows I don't have a follow up at this point... :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:it seems as though the email was like a general reminder everyone either got/will get regardless of the follow up situation maybe? But who knows I don't have a follow up at this point... :(

I emailed them back saying I didn't attend an admit program for my school yet. But I did mention that I would send my deposit as soon as I did. I really hope they don't close the books on me just because my seat deposit won't be confirmed until Apr. 26-ish or later.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:26 pm

''''

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:it seems as though the email was like a general reminder everyone either got/will get regardless of the follow up situation maybe? But who knows I don't have a follow up at this point... :(

I emailed them back saying I didn't attend an admit program for my school yet. But I did mention that I would send my deposit as soon as I did. I really hope they don't close the books on me just because my seat deposit won't be confirmed until Apr. 26-ish or later.

Same. I feel like they'll have a lot of movement in the last week or so while people get in their deposits.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Anyone else who has been admitted and remained silent want to come forward and show themselves?

It seems like there's been barely any movement so far, but that may be a product of the admits being afraid to post.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else who has been admitted and remained silent want to come forward and show themselves?

It seems like there's been barely any movement so far, but that may be a product of the admits being afraid to post.

lol, this. it seems like last year around this time the thread was blowing up. If you can post you've been admitted anon I honestly don't know what the big deal is this year?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else who has been admitted and remained silent want to come forward and show themselves?

I was admitted a couple of weeks ago (am not one of those who previously posted about being admitted). had an interview + follow-up interview. submitted proof of deposit. Good luck to you all!

FYI- if you look on the SEO website, go to intern resources, and then key dates- you will see that orientation is May 31st and June 1st and Law Institute is July 30th- August 10th (also confirmed by SEO staff). Hope this helps you as you plan for summer

chacheezy

Postby chacheezy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 am

So I need some advice. I was accepted to Columbia, but I haven't heard anything from Stanford yet and I was waitlisted at NYU. I want to remain on NYU's waitlist so if I get money, I can use it as leverage for Columbia money and Stanford money if I get accepted. Is it okay for me to put in a deposit at Columbia and remain waiting on Stanford and NYU? The reason why I want to deposit is because it seems as if SEO is wanting to make its decision ASAP and so paying my deposit would help me in this regard.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:

I was admitted a couple of weeks ago (am not one of those who previously posted about being admitted). had an interview + follow-up interview. submitted proof of deposit. Good luck to you all!

FYI- if you look on the SEO website, go to intern resources, and then key dates- you will see that orientation is May 31st and June 1st and Law Institute is July 30th- August 10th (also confirmed by SEO staff). Hope this helps you as you plan for summer

Wow. Thank you for posting that, and congrats!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 am

chacheezy wrote:Is it okay for me to put in a deposit at Columbia and remain waiting on Stanford and NYU?

Yes. You can keep open applications for which you don't have a decision.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Congrats! Just wondering if you'd be willing to say whether you got admitted to a smaller market or the NYC one....?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Congrats! Just wondering if you'd be willing to say whether you got admitted to a smaller market or the NYC one....?

stop being greedy. obviously only a couple people have gotten in so far so market could out that person

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:49 am

Anyone other than Mr. Eshal been rejected?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:50 am

Checking in as an applicant with a follow-up. Applied to secondary market.

My question is, for those few of you who already found out, how did they notify you? That is, via phone call or email? I've had my phone sitting next to my work computer with the volume on low for the last week and a half haha, afraid to turn the sound off in case I miss it. Feeling somewhat neurotic but more than anything, hopeful. :P

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

stop being greedy. obviously only a couple people have gotten in so far so market could out that person

Hey...I wasn't trying to be "greedy", I'm not really keeping up with the thread (it makes me nervous) so I don't really know just how many people are in/out etc... My fault. Geez.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Any other news?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Does anybody know how many people the class will have? Like....is it one per law firm on their list? so around 25 ish? more? less?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Does everyone get an initial interview? I just got the invite and was pretty excited. Do we have tips available for the interview and also any information on trickery questions they may ask?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Checking in as an applicant with a follow-up. Applied to secondary market.

My question is, for those few of you who already found out, how did they notify you? That is, via phone call or email? I've had my phone sitting next to my work computer with the volume on low for the last week and a half haha, afraid to turn the sound off in case I miss it. Feeling somewhat neurotic but more than anything, hopeful. :P

Via phone call & email

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Congrats! Just wondering if you'd be willing to say whether you got admitted to a smaller market or the NYC one....?[/quote]

stop being greedy. obviously only a couple people have gotten in so far so market could out that person[/quote]

Hey...I wasn't trying to be "greedy", I'm not really keeping up with the thread (it makes me nervous) so I don't really know just how many people are in/out etc... My fault. Geez.[/quote]

no problem at all. Would rather not say though

Return to “Legal Employment”