SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It was a lot more laid back than the first interview. I think they just want more information on certain parts of your application/want clarification/etc., so there's not really a standard question list or a focus. What questions you get will be tailored to each individual.

Mine was also much faster than the original interview, easily less than 10 minutes.


Seconded. Mine was closer to 20.


Cool man, ty. Any case questions? I appreciate the help. If it's just reiterating information, that should be cool since I wanted to go into more detail about some stuff.

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby txdude45 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 am

Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby facile princeps » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 pm

txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:15 pm

facile princeps wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.


I think every year is different. Obviously this is only speculation, but the person I interviewed with initially was a higher up. I was offered a follow up interview, and there was no real clarification of anything I said in the first interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.


I think every year is different. Obviously this is only speculation, but the person I interviewed with initially was a higher up. I was offered a follow up interview, and there was no real clarification of anything I said in the first interview.


So it was new information? Or like a fresh interview? I imagine it varies person by person.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.


I think every year is different. Obviously this is only speculation, but the person I interviewed with initially was a higher up. I was offered a follow up interview, and there was no real clarification of anything I said in the first interview.


So it was new information? Or like a fresh interview? I imagine it varies person by person.


They asked more or less the same questions, but they didn't ask for a clarification. It just felt like a repeat of everything from before.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
facile princeps wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.


I think every year is different. Obviously this is only speculation, but the person I interviewed with initially was a higher up. I was offered a follow up interview, and there was no real clarification of anything I said in the first interview.


So it was new information? Or like a fresh interview? I imagine it varies person by person.


They asked more or less the same questions, but they didn't ask for a clarification. It just felt like a repeat of everything from before.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:They asked more or less the same questions, but they didn't ask for a clarification. It just felt like a repeat of everything from before.


Ty friend, I really appreciate it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks all have my follow up soon and knowing it's short and sweet helps. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks all have my follow up soon and knowing it's short and sweet helps. :)


+1, good luck!

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby facile princeps » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Good luck to those who have upcoming interviews! I'm sure you guys will do well. I still can't get a time slot, and when I contacted them they just told me to keep checking the system "for newly opened slots."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Any other information you all can provide of the follow up? Still not sure what to expect.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any other information you all can provide of the follow up? Still not sure what to expect.

There is nothing to expect. Its the same questions as the first interview.

This has been discussed ad nauseam

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:46 am

PSA: for those of us who were waiting for spots to open up on the interview system (after being invited for the second round): they are up!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

so quiet...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm

They've said that they'll release decisions beginning next month. I suppose other than second-round interviews, there's nothing else to add, you know?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 pm

How are you guys dealing with finding LS housing?? This is incredibly frustrating, not knowing if I'm moving to my new city like June 1, or after the SEO internship. Im not gonna pay 2 months extra rent... ugh...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:How are you guys dealing with finding LS housing?? This is incredibly frustrating, not knowing if I'm moving to my new city like June 1, or after the SEO internship. Im not gonna pay 2 months extra rent... ugh...

Outed as a Michigan kid?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:39 am

My recommender just informed me that he hasn't submitted my LoR yet. I sent him the email 2/15 and told him to just send in the law school letter. This is getting sort of ridiculous. Suggestions? Am I screwed? (The letter must be good, cause I've out kicked my coverage on acceptances.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 am

Quick question -- Just had my initial (first) interview, and the recruiter mentioned that the next step involves an LOR.

What's the protocol on this? Should I wait for SEO to send me an LOR request via email, or should I just submit an LOR right now based on what the recruiter told me during the interview?

User avatar
txdude45
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby txdude45 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:Quick question -- Just had my initial (first) interview, and the recruiter mentioned that the next step involves an LOR.

What's the protocol on this? Should I wait for SEO to send me an LOR request via email, or should I just submit an LOR right now based on what the recruiter told me during the interview?


They send out emails.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 am

txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Quick question -- Just had my initial (first) interview, and the recruiter mentioned that the next step involves an LOR.

What's the protocol on this? Should I wait for SEO to send me an LOR request via email, or should I just submit an LOR right now based on what the recruiter told me during the interview?


They send out emails.


Got it. I will patiently wait then. Thank you! :-)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:55 am

txdude45 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Quick question -- Just had my initial (first) interview, and the recruiter mentioned that the next step involves an LOR.

What's the protocol on this? Should I wait for SEO to send me an LOR request via email, or should I just submit an LOR right now based on what the recruiter told me during the interview?


They send out emails.

Can't you just do it on the website?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:How are you guys dealing with finding LS housing?? This is incredibly frustrating, not knowing if I'm moving to my new city like June 1, or after the SEO internship. Im not gonna pay 2 months extra rent... ugh...


I feel the same way. I'm not worried about law school housing, I guess, but I need to know now if I have to find a subletter for the summer.

I don't how my chances are for SEO. I know all of you here are just as qualified or more than I am, and I can't and won't take an acceptance for granted. It's still such a phenomenal opportunity that I'm not willing to give up hope just yet, so it genuinely sucks but there's nothing I can do bit sit back and wait until mid-April (when I expect the first batch of acceptances). Wish it was like a couple years ago, when it seems like the bulk of decisions went out in March...

Edit:

Can't you just do it on the website?


I suppose you could, but you probably shouldn't unless they ask for it. They will ask if they want one.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:My recommender just informed me that he hasn't submitted my LoR yet. I sent him the email 2/15 and told him to just send in the law school letter. This is getting sort of ridiculous. Suggestions? Am I screwed? (The letter must be good, cause I've out kicked my coverage on acceptances.)


Bump.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.