SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
angeleyez09

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby angeleyez09 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm

treple wrote:Received an e-mail saying that my decisions status has been updated -- again. Moved from waitlisted to decision pending submission of my school of attendence.

Was this after you turned in your LOR, transcripts, and acceptance letters?

treple

Postby treple » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:54 pm

I have not submitted a LoR/Transcript or acceptance letter. The body states,

The Admissions Committee has reserved making a decision on your application pending your law school acceptance. Please know that you continue to be a competitive candidate for our Corporate Law Program, and we ask that you keep our office informed of your law school Admissions status. Once you have been accepted to the law school of your choice, please confirm your attendance as soon as possible by faxing a copy of your acceptance letter and enrollment deposit to the attention of Sari David at (212) 647-7010. The Admissions Committee will render a decision within two to three weeks from your law school confirmation.

carter17

Postby carter17 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:22 pm

sobriquet,

it doesn't make sense that you didn't receive an email when you will be attending NYU next year. how long ago did you send in your info to SEO?

Sobriquet

Postby Sobriquet » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:33 pm

PM

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:24 pm

treple wrote:Received an e-mail saying that my decisions status has been updated -- again. Moved from waitlisted to decision pending submission of my school of attendence.

Same! I hope it's a good thing that it changed.

carter17

Postby carter17 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:27 pm

me 2, just got it! glad they decided to show me love

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:34 pm

I bit the bullet and tried calling because I'm now utterly confused. My decision mentioned a March 22, 2008 deadline. wth?

treple

Postby treple » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Submitted my signed enrollment sheet and a copy of my deposit check. Hopefully that will suffice.

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but when does the internship actually start?
I know it's for 10 weeks (2 wks lectures and 8 wks working), but exactly when?
I wanna make travel plans accordingly in case I get lucky and get selected :)

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Early June I hear.

meesawoosa

Postby meesawoosa » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:29 pm

daisyduck wrote:I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but when does the internship actually start?
I know it's for 10 weeks (2 wks lectures and 8 wks working), but exactly when?
I wanna make travel plans accordingly in case I get lucky and get selected :)

The orientation for Corporate Law Interns is in early June. The program manager recommended accepted interns find housing for slightly earlier (the last wk of May) up through mid-August.

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm

I see... thanks. So I guess it only leaves a week or two of total free time before school actually starts.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 pm

daisyduck wrote:I see... thanks. So I guess it only leaves a week or two of total free time before school actually starts.

Yup. You gotta keep in mind the theoretical SEO applicant is only now leaving college. It starts when the semester ends.

Skadden Stairs

Postby Skadden Stairs » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:22 pm

treple wrote:The Admissions Committee has reserved making a decision on your application pending your law school acceptance. Please know that you continue to be a competitive candidate for our Corporate Law Program, and we ask that you keep our office informed of your law school Admissions status. Once you have been accepted to the law school of your choice, please confirm your attendance as soon as possible by faxing a copy of your acceptance letter and enrollment deposit to the attention of Sari David at (212) 647-7010. The Admissions Committee will render a decision within two to three weeks from your law school confirmation.

According to last year's thread, the people who got this email usually got the internship (after they submitted a T6 enrollment). Looks like I'm outsies.

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:26 pm

lex talionis wrote:
treple wrote:The Admissions Committee has reserved making a decision on your application pending your law school acceptance. Please know that you continue to be a competitive candidate for our Corporate Law Program, and we ask that you keep our office informed of your law school Admissions status. Once you have been accepted to the law school of your choice, please confirm your attendance as soon as possible by faxing a copy of your acceptance letter and enrollment deposit to the attention of Sari David at (212) 647-7010. The Admissions Committee will render a decision within two to three weeks from your law school confirmation.

According to last year's thread, the people who got this email usually got the internship (after they submitted a T6 enrollment). Looks like I'm outsies.

But you're in at CLS! Did you apply in Feb? Maybe they'll have another round of selection/interview soon.

Skadden Stairs

Postby Skadden Stairs » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:30 pm

daisyduck wrote:
lex talionis wrote:

But you're in at CLS! Did you apply in Feb? Maybe they'll have another round of selection/interview soon.

I applied 1/30 and had my interview 2/18. It was over skype and awkward as fuck. I definitely did not come off very well, especially since my roommate was babbling in Farsi in the background. They probably think I'm a North Korean militant conspiring with Ahmadinejad. Sigh. Too bad I really have no plan B for this summer.

Edit: And someone mentioned last year that they interview around 200 people for the 50-60 slots. Make of that what you will.

glenfiddich

Postby glenfiddich » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 am

So has anybody applied to the SEO Program that has been working for a few years since graduation? I wonder if that makes you a stronger candidate. So far the T14 threshold applies strictly to college grads, i don't know.

How about SEO-U participants? Any advantage to applying straight from the SEO-U to the corporate law side?

masterpinky0509

Postby masterpinky0509 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:34 am

I did my interview with them quite a while ago, back in January. Since then I've gotten accepted at the top 3 law schools, but have not chosen between them. Also, I was rather lax about sending in my letter of recommendation, so they probably only received it within the last week.

That being said, I have not heard a word from them on any front since that interview. Should I assume that I have not been selected?

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:10 pm

glenfiddich wrote:So has anybody applied to the SEO Program that has been working for a few years since graduation? I wonder if that makes you a stronger candidate. So far the T14 threshold applies strictly to college grads, i don't know.

How about SEO-U participants? Any advantage to applying straight from the SEO-U to the corporate law side?

SEO accepts applications from graduating seniors and "recent graduates." I don't know up to how many years post-college they define as being "recent," but FWIW I graduated Dec 07 and was granted an interview. You could call them and ask - they're pretty good with answering questions over the phone.

Sobriquet

Postby Sobriquet » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:31 pm

I graduated almost 2 years ago and was granted an interview and received the e-mails people have been posting about. I think within a few years counts as "recent graduate".

on_ne_sait_jamais

Postby on_ne_sait_jamais » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:37 pm

Sooo nervous about this, I just got laid off last week, and I have no real options for this summer other than SEO. I really don't want to have to beg a firm in my hometown or a 15$hr paper filing gig...

KP429

Postby KP429 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:53 pm

Is there a list of things we need to bring to the interview? I have a few resumes printed and some acceptance letter copies. Is there anything else I'll need?

on_ne_sait_jamais

Postby on_ne_sait_jamais » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm

an 8ball, a spliff, 3 demos of E, and a bubbly personality

bring copies of resume, a pen, and scratch paper wouldn't hurt...

treple

Postby treple » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 pm

KP429 wrote:Is there a list of things we need to bring to the interview? I have a few resumes printed and some acceptance letter copies. Is there anything else I'll need?

Rabbit's foot, horseshoe......

TheNerdProject

Postby TheNerdProject » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:15 pm

KP429 wrote:Is there a list of things we need to bring to the interview? I have a few resumes printed and some acceptance letter copies. Is there anything else I'll need?

Garlic, holy water, crucifix...

Return to “Legal Employment”