SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone already sent in a letter of recommendation?

I went to their website and had them send the rec letter request to my recommender. Will they send me an email notification once he's sent it, so I know that that's taken care of? Thanks.

After my recommender told me they submitted it, I logged in and there was a note that told me they had replied beneath their contact information in that section of the application. I didn't get an email though.

Thank you for that!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 pm

This might be a stupid question, but... is this program open to Asians? The website only mentions that it supports programs for "people of color," which is somewhat vague.

I understand that there are other types of URM that take priority, but have Asians (East, not South) been accepted by SEO in the past?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This might be a stupid question, but... is this program open to Asians? The website only mentions that it supports programs for "people of color," which is somewhat vague.

I understand that there are other types of URM that take priority, but have Asians (East, not South) been accepted by SEO in the past?

Yes

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This might be a stupid question, but... is this program open to Asians? The website only mentions that it supports programs for "people of color," which is somewhat vague.

This may seem controversial, but Asians are URM in the legal field.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey, dropping in here to check. Has anyone been selected for a follow-up interview yet, or have requests for a letter of recommendation been the last stage thus far in the application process?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey, dropping in here to check. Has anyone been selected for a follow-up interview yet, or have requests for a letter of recommendation been the last stage thus far in the application process?

Followups probably won't start until March.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 pm

How soon prior to the follow-up interview would we be notified? 1-2 weeks in advance?

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

For any future or current applicants:

SEO is scheduled to host a Webinar/Q&A session this upcoming February 19, 2013. RSVP is required and more information can be provided on how to register if you email SEO. Hope to see some of you there!

J90

Postby J90 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 pm

BlaqBella wrote:For any future or current applicants:

SEO is scheduled to host a Webinar/Q&A session this upcoming February 19, 2013. RSVP is required and more information can be provided on how to register if you email SEO. Hope to see some of you there!

Hi Bella, I'd definitely be interested, thanks for mentioning that. Would I just email SEOlaw@seo-usa.org, and is there any other information on the webinar (i.e. something on their website)?

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:40 pm

J90 wrote:

Hi Bella, I'd definitely be interested, thanks for mentioning that. Would I just email SEOlaw@seo-usa.org, and is there any other information on the webinar (i.e. something on their website)?

Check PM. :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Ugh. Just got an email telling me that my application is under review and my heart skipped a beat thinking that I may have gotten a letter of rec request. *sigh*

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm

What do they mean by expedited decision? Do any alumni have experience with this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 pm

I just got the same email. It wasn't even SEO Law specific, I thought it was sort of weird...

And to the "expedited decision" question, I figured it had to do with people in non-SEO Law programs. For the law program, we don't have to apply to various firms, but for other SEO programs they would to various companies. I took that "expedited decision" reference as applying to students who had secured job placement but hadn't heard if they were selected for SEO yet.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got the same email. It wasn't even SEO Law specific, I thought it was sort of weird...

And to the "expedited decision" question, I figured it had to do with people in non-SEO Law programs. For the law program, we don't have to apply to various firms, but for other SEO programs they would to various companies. I took that "expedited decision" reference as applying to students who had secured job placement but hadn't heard if they were selected for SEO yet.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought the same thing with regards to the "expedited decision." Seems like the email may be pretty standard.

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm

BlaqBella wrote:
J90 wrote:

Check PM. :)

Would you mind PMing me too? I'm curious as well

NoChainz

Postby NoChainz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 am

Last edited by NoChainz on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlaqBella

Postby BlaqBella » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 am

PMs sent! :)

Lighthouseman

Postby Lighthouseman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 am

Hey guys and gals! Checking in. My interview is set for March 1st!

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 pm

For those who have been through this already, what proof of enrollment do we need to provide? I sent in my seat deposit to a school but I don't have any documentation that can prove that. What does SEO require for this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:For those who have been through this already, what proof of enrollment do we need to provide? I sent in my seat deposit to a school but I don't have any documentation that can prove that. What does SEO require for this?

Took me about 10 days to get confirmation of my seat deposit.. shouldn't hurt too much to wait for it.

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:For those who have been through this already, what proof of enrollment do we need to provide? I sent in my seat deposit to a school but I don't have any documentation that can prove that. What does SEO require for this?

Took me about 10 days to get confirmation of my seat deposit.. shouldn't hurt too much to wait for it.

Does that mean the school sends you some kind of document or email that you then forward to SEO?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:47 am

Dear SEO: Will you be my Valentine?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:03 am

Did anyone receive any confirmation email or information on the SEO Law Q&A?

I signed up via their survey, but have not heard anything. I don't even know how to access it, I just know it's tomorrow at an unknown time.

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am

Has anybody heard back yet about the webinar?

Also, on another note, what's with all the anonymous posting? Is it because people are worried SEO will read this thread and reject you for writing something they didn't like? It's getting really difficult to ask people questions and to PM about specifics and things like that. It seems that the group dynamic in this thread is dying out.

But more importantly, please see me first question.

Mr. Elshal

Postby Mr. Elshal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone receive any confirmation email or information on the SEO Law Q&A?

I signed up via their survey, but have not heard anything. I don't even know how to access it, I just know it's tomorrow at an unknown time.

Haha, I just posted the same thing. I haven't heard anything at all.

Return to “Legal Employment”