SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey, dropping in here to check. Has anyone been selected for a follow-up interview yet, or have requests for a letter of recommendation been the last stage thus far in the application process?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey, dropping in here to check. Has anyone been selected for a follow-up interview yet, or have requests for a letter of recommendation been the last stage thus far in the application process?


Followups probably won't start until March.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:08 pm

How soon prior to the follow-up interview would we be notified? 1-2 weeks in advance?

User avatar
BlaqBella

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

For any future or current applicants:

SEO is scheduled to host a Webinar/Q&A session this upcoming February 19, 2013. RSVP is required and more information can be provided on how to register if you email SEO. Hope to see some of you there!

J90

Bronze
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby J90 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 pm

BlaqBella wrote:For any future or current applicants:

SEO is scheduled to host a Webinar/Q&A session this upcoming February 19, 2013. RSVP is required and more information can be provided on how to register if you email SEO. Hope to see some of you there!


Hi Bella, I'd definitely be interested, thanks for mentioning that. Would I just email SEOlaw@seo-usa.org, and is there any other information on the webinar (i.e. something on their website)?

User avatar
BlaqBella

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlaqBella » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:40 pm

J90 wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:For any future or current applicants:

SEO is scheduled to host a Webinar/Q&A session this upcoming February 19, 2013. RSVP is required and more information can be provided on how to register if you email SEO. Hope to see some of you there!


Hi Bella, I'd definitely be interested, thanks for mentioning that. Would I just email SEOlaw@seo-usa.org, and is there any other information on the webinar (i.e. something on their website)?


Check PM. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:59 pm

Ugh. Just got an email telling me that my application is under review and my heart skipped a beat thinking that I may have gotten a letter of rec request. *sigh*

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:09 pm

What do they mean by expedited decision? Do any alumni have experience with this?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:11 pm

I just got the same email. It wasn't even SEO Law specific, I thought it was sort of weird...

And to the "expedited decision" question, I figured it had to do with people in non-SEO Law programs. For the law program, we don't have to apply to various firms, but for other SEO programs they would to various companies. I took that "expedited decision" reference as applying to students who had secured job placement but hadn't heard if they were selected for SEO yet.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just got the same email. It wasn't even SEO Law specific, I thought it was sort of weird...

And to the "expedited decision" question, I figured it had to do with people in non-SEO Law programs. For the law program, we don't have to apply to various firms, but for other SEO programs they would to various companies. I took that "expedited decision" reference as applying to students who had secured job placement but hadn't heard if they were selected for SEO yet.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.


I thought the same thing with regards to the "expedited decision." Seems like the email may be pretty standard.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal

Silver
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Mr. Elshal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:51 pm

BlaqBella wrote:
J90 wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:For any future or current applicants:

SEO is scheduled to host a Webinar/Q&A session this upcoming February 19, 2013. RSVP is required and more information can be provided on how to register if you email SEO. Hope to see some of you there!


Hi Bella, I'd definitely be interested, thanks for mentioning that. Would I just email SEOlaw@seo-usa.org, and is there any other information on the webinar (i.e. something on their website)?


Check PM. :)


Would you mind PMing me too? I'm curious as well

NoChainz

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 10:15 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby NoChainz » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:42 am

.
Last edited by NoChainz on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlaqBella

Silver
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlaqBella » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 am

PMs sent! :)

User avatar
Lighthouseman

New
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Lighthouseman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 am

Hey guys and gals! Checking in. My interview is set for March 1st!

User avatar
Mr. Elshal

Silver
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Mr. Elshal » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 pm

For those who have been through this already, what proof of enrollment do we need to provide? I sent in my seat deposit to a school but I don't have any documentation that can prove that. What does SEO require for this?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:34 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:For those who have been through this already, what proof of enrollment do we need to provide? I sent in my seat deposit to a school but I don't have any documentation that can prove that. What does SEO require for this?


Took me about 10 days to get confirmation of my seat deposit.. shouldn't hurt too much to wait for it.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal

Silver
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Mr. Elshal » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mr. Elshal wrote:For those who have been through this already, what proof of enrollment do we need to provide? I sent in my seat deposit to a school but I don't have any documentation that can prove that. What does SEO require for this?


Took me about 10 days to get confirmation of my seat deposit.. shouldn't hurt too much to wait for it.


Does that mean the school sends you some kind of document or email that you then forward to SEO?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:47 am

Dear SEO: Will you be my Valentine?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309366
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:03 am

Did anyone receive any confirmation email or information on the SEO Law Q&A?

I signed up via their survey, but have not heard anything. I don't even know how to access it, I just know it's tomorrow at an unknown time.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal

Silver
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Mr. Elshal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am

Has anybody heard back yet about the webinar?

Also, on another note, what's with all the anonymous posting? Is it because people are worried SEO will read this thread and reject you for writing something they didn't like? It's getting really difficult to ask people questions and to PM about specifics and things like that. It seems that the group dynamic in this thread is dying out.

But more importantly, please see me first question.

User avatar
Mr. Elshal

Silver
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Mr. Elshal » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone receive any confirmation email or information on the SEO Law Q&A?

I signed up via their survey, but have not heard anything. I don't even know how to access it, I just know it's tomorrow at an unknown time.


Haha, I just posted the same thing. I haven't heard anything at all.

User avatar
Dmini7

Silver
Posts: 724
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Dmini7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 am

I honestly don't know if they have my application. I received no feedback or verification stating they did, and when I emailed to make sur ether did while providing updated information(to not seem too desperate) they just said, if you filled it in we have it... So with my luck I submitted the application 100 times. Anyone know if this was a match of quantity over quality? If so maybe I have upped my chances. On a serious note, do you have to have put down a seat deposit before they will even consider you? (I ask because I am waiting n my top choices still so I do not want to place a deposit until I hear from them)

User avatar
txdude45

Silver
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby txdude45 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 am

Dmini7 wrote:I honestly don't know if they have my application. I received no feedback or verification stating they did, and when I emailed to make sur ether did while providing updated information(to not seem too desperate) they just said, if you filled it in we have it... So with my luck I submitted the application 100 times. Anyone know if this was a match of quantity over quality? If so maybe I have upped my chances. On a serious note, do you have to have put down a seat deposit before they will even consider you? (I ask because I am waiting n my top choices still so I do not want to place a deposit until I hear from them)


Unless your numbers are a lock for at least t14, you pretty much have to post an acceptance for a t14 school to get an interview. They encourage everyone to apply, but they only really want T14 (probably even T10) people.

I heard nothing for over 6 weeks, but literally within 2 days of posting 2 T14 acceptances, I got the interview email.

User avatar
Dmini7

Silver
Posts: 724
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Dmini7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:25 am

txdude45 wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:I honestly don't know if they have my application. I received no feedback or verification stating they did, and when I emailed to make sur ether did while providing updated information(to not seem too desperate) they just said, if you filled it in we have it... So with my luck I submitted the application 100 times. Anyone know if this was a match of quantity over quality? If so maybe I have upped my chances. On a serious note, do you have to have put down a seat deposit before they will even consider you? (I ask because I am waiting n my top choices still so I do not want to place a deposit until I hear from them)


Unless your numbers are a lock for at least t14, you pretty much have to post an acceptance for a t14 school to get an interview. They encourage everyone to apply, but they only really want T14 (probably even T10) people.

I heard nothing for over 6 weeks, but literally within 2 days of posting 2 T14 acceptances, I got the interview email.


Ok, that is what I figured. I am not a lock either, but I know they like prestige, so I am holding out to update if I get accepted to one. Also just to clarify, is an acceptance enough? Or does it have to be a seat deposit?

User avatar
txdude45

Silver
Posts: 912
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 6:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby txdude45 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 am

Dmini7 wrote:
txdude45 wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:I honestly don't know if they have my application. I received no feedback or verification stating they did, and when I emailed to make sur ether did while providing updated information(to not seem too desperate) they just said, if you filled it in we have it... So with my luck I submitted the application 100 times. Anyone know if this was a match of quantity over quality? If so maybe I have upped my chances. On a serious note, do you have to have put down a seat deposit before they will even consider you? (I ask because I am waiting n my top choices still so I do not want to place a deposit until I hear from them)


Unless your numbers are a lock for at least t14, you pretty much have to post an acceptance for a t14 school to get an interview. They encourage everyone to apply, but they only really want T14 (probably even T10) people.

I heard nothing for over 6 weeks, but literally within 2 days of posting 2 T14 acceptances, I got the interview email.


Ok, that is what I figured. I am not a lock either, but I know they like prestige, so I am holding out to update if I get accepted to one. Also just to clarify, is an acceptance enough? Or does it have to be a seat deposit?


An acceptance gets you the interview. A seat deposit is necessary, but not sufficient, to get an offer.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.