SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 8:19 am

Did anyone else not get attachments with the resume email. It referred is to the sample resumes that were supposed to be attached and my email had no attachments.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 8:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Have there been any Non-URM admits yet?

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 9:24 am

Has anyone had a follow-up interview and then gotten rejected? I have one coming up and I just want to make sure I'm not prematurely getting my hopes up.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 11:10 am

Does anyone know if SEO pays for travel or provides partial stipends for those coming to NY for Orientation? The expenses for flights and lodging are just increasing as we await more information.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone had a follow-up interview and then gotten rejected? I have one coming up and I just want to make sure I'm not prematurely getting my hopes up.

If you're asking if the follow up guarantees admission the answer is no

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if SEO pays for travel or provides partial stipends for those coming to NY for Orientation? The expenses for flights and lodging are just increasing as we await more information.

I believe in past years, they've gotten firms to pay for flying to and from during CLI. You might be able to get your firm to pay for it for orientation. Otherwise, I dont' remember them paying any stipends for orientation travel. Although you will have housing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 am

How soon before the initial skype interview did people get the add request? I have mine today and haven't gotten any add requests yet...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:How soon before the initial skype interview did people get the add request? I have mine today and haven't gotten any add requests yet...

I got mine about 10 mins. before

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if SEO pays for travel or provides partial stipends for those coming to NY for Orientation? The expenses for flights and lodging are just increasing as we await more information.

I believe in past years, they've gotten firms to pay for flying to and from during CLI. You might be able to get your firm to pay for it for orientation. Otherwise, I dont' remember them paying any stipends for orientation travel. Although you will have housing.

You're saying SEO provides housing for us in NY for Orientation on May 25th & 26th? If so that's great, because I was just looking to book a hotel.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Agh man waiting for this skype call is the most nerve wracking thing I think I've ever done! :/ Good luck to everyone still waiting! Hopefully after this I'll be on the other side!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm

You should obviously call and confirm.

I bet with the collapse of Dewey, some things are going to be different this year for you guys.

I remember, the Texas/CA interns being shuttled in though. You most definitely will have housing for CLI--which lasted for ~two weeks.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone else not get attachments with the resume email. It referred is to the sample resumes that were supposed to be attached and my email had no attachments.

Same here, no attachments.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm guessing that it's getting rather late for people who are still waiting for a decision?

Also, do they contact you if they did not receive/you're missing something?

For your application to considered complete you need:
Upload unofficial transcript
Send official transcript
Upload seat deposit
Interview
Recommendation

am I missing anything?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm guessing that it's getting rather late for people who are still waiting for a decision?

Send official transcript
Upload seat deposit
Interview
Recommendation

am I missing anything?

do we need to have an official transcript there before a decision can be reached or just after they have made a decision??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm guessing that it's getting rather late for people who are still waiting for a decision?

Send official transcript
Upload seat deposit
Interview
Recommendation

am I missing anything?

do we need to have an official transcript there before a decision can be reached or just after they have made a decision??

this is from the application website:

*Note: If you are invited to interview in-person with SEO, your official transcript should be mailed directly to our offices (55 Exchange Place, Suite 601, New York, NY 10005) as soon as possible after you receive the invitation. You may also bring the official transcript with you to your interview. We must have your official transcript on file in order to make a final decision on your candidacy.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Send official transcript
Upload seat deposit
Interview
Recommendation

am I missing anything?

I ask because I had my first interview via skype last week...and my school takes 3-5 days just to process and send transcripts (maybe 5-7) since it is close to graduation times...and then another 3-4 days for them seo to receive them....if thats the case the people who recently interviewed are screwed

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Send official transcript
Upload seat deposit
Interview
Recommendation

am I missing anything?

I ask because I had my first interview via skype last week...and my school takes 3-5 days just to process and send transcripts (maybe 5-7) since it is close to graduation times...and then another 3-4 days for them seo to receive them....if thats the case the people who recently interviewed are screwed

Well the website does say in-person interview, but I'm not sure how they will feel if you send it before you get an in-person interview

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Pretty sure those of us still waiting are doneskies
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Pretty sure those of us still waiting are.doneskies

Agreed. Might finally pull the plug if I don't hear anything tomorrow. Time to move on to other things.

AS33

Postby AS33 » Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Has anyone ever had 2 follow-ups?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 3:19 pm

AS33 wrote:Has anyone ever had 2 follow-ups?

Yep. That's why a few of us have been so impatient... PM'd you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Someone asked about this earlier, but does anyone know if there have been non-URM acceptances so far? i.e. Asian, South Asian, etc.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Someone asked about this earlier, but does anyone know if there have been non-URM acceptances so far? i.e. Asian, South Asian, etc.

i know someone who falls under non URM law status that got it this summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 5:08 pm

What do you guys think is the cutoff time for acceptance phone calls everyday? 5pm? A little earlier/later?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:When I was looking at the dates for the program there was a date in June for another orientation for students on the quarter system that aren't able to make the first orientation on the 25th. Does anyone know anything about this? Currently on the quarter system and the 25th may be a little hectic to get to.

Had my follow-up today. Interviewer said there is only one orientation (May 25th) and everyone is expected to attend that one.

Return to “Legal Employment”