SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?


Plenty of movement. No one is posting.


On that note can somebody that has gotten in and is in the facebook group post around how many people have already been accepted...just trying to gauge how much space is left?



Well, the facebook group only has 13 members, so I wouldn't say there was "plenty" of movement.
Even if you triple that amount, there's still a good amount of spots left


Ok thats good

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?



That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?



That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).


I understand the logic. I just know there's no way to tell. I'd assume at the very least, half of the decisions have gone out. They made it seem like the bulk would be out by this Friday and only a few would go out next week. Plus they have a small staff. Doubt they'd wait 'till the last min to call that many people...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?



That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).


I understand the logic. I just know there's no way to tell. I'd assume at the very least, half of the decisions have gone out. They made it seem like the bulk would be out by this Friday and only a few would go out next week. Plus they have a small staff. Doubt they'd wait 'till the last min to call that many people...

That's why I'm wondering how many people got in this week so far given that not a single acceptance was reported on tls for the past three days

And yes I realize not everyone is posting but even last week several people reported acceptances

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:49 pm

How do I gain access to the Facebook group?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm pretty sure there have been several follow-ups / initial interviews happening this week.

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 1212 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How do I gain access to the Facebook group?


You and all other accepted interns can PM me and I will gladly send the link.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 pm

has anyone except for the couple of people earlier been rejected yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?



That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).


I understand the logic. I just know there's no way to tell. I'd assume at the very least, half of the decisions have gone out. They made it seem like the bulk would be out by this Friday and only a few would go out next week. Plus they have a small staff. Doubt they'd wait 'till the last min to call that many people...



90 acceptances at 10 minutes each (+/-) would take 4 people 4 hours each. They probably have more than 4 people os it might even be less. There have already been at least 12 acceptances so the number is further reduced.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Have there been any Non-URM admits yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

I want to preface this by saying I absolutely don't deserve this internship an ounce more than anyone else here, but given the type of "qualifications" this thread has discussed, I figure this could be slightly relevant.

I deposited at Yale last week, and haven't heard anything from SEO. When I interviewed, I had Harvard and Stanford to choose from and told them that. If it were just about school, I'd think I was decently toward the top of their list. So...either it's not really just about school, or they are still processing applications, especially those who committed later like me. Don't give up hope!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Is anyone else employed? I have a job and would have to give at least 2 weeks notice before quitting to do SEO...it's coming up on 2 weeks before orientation; still haven't heard anything but just deposited last week. I'm getting nervous.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 pm

To those who haven't heard back:

SEO just sent an email to all the corporate law kids and forgot to bcc. I counted and only 25 people were sent the email.

They are literally working around the clock (way past business hours) to full this intern class I think we need to be as patient as possible. Good luck to all!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To those who haven't heard back:

SEO just sent an email to all the corporate law kids and forgot to bcc. I counted and only 25 people were sent the email.

They are literally working around the clock (way past business hours) to full this intern class I think we need to be as patient as possible. Good luck to all!


thats definitely good news and just renewed my hope

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To those who haven't heard back:

SEO just sent an email to all the corporate law kids and forgot to bcc. I counted and only 25 people were sent the email.

They are literally working around the clock (way past business hours) to full this intern class I think we need to be as patient as possible. Good luck to all!


I didn't get that e-mail and I'm in....not to burst any bubbles.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Interesting. So about 50% representation on tls

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:18 pm

What?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To those who haven't heard back:

SEO just sent an email to all the corporate law kids and forgot to bcc. I counted and only 25 people were sent the email.

They are literally working around the clock (way past business hours) to full this intern class I think we need to be as patient as possible. Good luck to all!


I didn't get that e-mail and I'm in....not to burst any bubbles.


Oh darn. Really? The one about the resumes?

That sucks balls. Sorry guys. I thought I was being helpful. It sounded like it was sent to everyone what with the whole "Congrats on being accepted blah, blah, deadlines this, deadlines that, blah, blah..."

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To those who haven't heard back:

SEO just sent an email to all the corporate law kids and forgot to bcc. I counted and only 25 people were sent the email.

They are literally working around the clock (way past business hours) to full this intern class I think we need to be as patient as possible. Good luck to all!


I didn't get that e-mail and I'm in....not to burst any bubbles.


Oh darn. Really? The one about the resumes?

That sucks balls. Sorry guys. I thought I was being helpful. It sounded like it was sent to everyone what with the whole "Congrats on being accepted blah, blah, deadlines this, deadlines that, blah, blah..."


Nope, checked my spam too. I got in yesterday so maybe they forget they admitted me :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:To those who haven't heard back:

SEO just sent an email to all the corporate law kids and forgot to bcc. I counted and only 25 people were sent the email.

They are literally working around the clock (way past business hours) to full this intern class I think we need to be as patient as possible. Good luck to all!


I didn't get that e-mail and I'm in....not to burst any bubbles.


Oh darn. Really? The one about the resumes?

That sucks balls. Sorry guys. I thought I was being helpful. It sounded like it was sent to everyone what with the whole "Congrats on being accepted blah, blah, deadlines this, deadlines that, blah, blah..."


Nope, checked my spam too. I got in yesterday so maybe they forget they admitted me :P


SHIT. There goes the last bit of hope I had.

:lol:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm accepted and there was an email with only 25 names regarding resumes.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Received the resume email a while ago, it had 15 people on it...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 12:16 am

Sooo.... That makes 40. Sooo... At about half the class is full. That sounds about right.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273193
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 am

When I was looking at the dates for the program there was a date in June for another orientation for students on the quarter system that aren't able to make the first orientation on the 25th. Does anyone know anything about this? Currently on the quarter system and the 25th may be a little hectic to get to.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.