SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kurla88

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by kurla88 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:56 pm

summertimechi wrote:
kurla88 wrote:
summertimechi wrote:meh, at least SEO talks to you. I'm not even worth the effort. :P
I doubt you're out just because you weren't WL-ed this weekend. How did your interview go?
not horrendously, but not too well either. i didn't know enough about the partner firms to make them happy, it seemed. i left pretty much knowing i didn't get it, so i really don't know why i'm still hanging around this thread feeling sorry for myself, lol. trying to live vicariously through you all, i suppose. :)
Haha, I totally flubbed that question too. I'm not convinced that WL = good, but your post gives me hope! WL generally means we're behind other applicants... like you, probably. XD

Sobriquet

New

Post by Sobriquet » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:30 pm

I left my purse in the interview room... that's gotta be -10 pts for being unprofessional.

Either way, the key is to plan a sweet vacay to go on in case you don't get it. I think Vegas is in the books if I get shut out from SEO. :)

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Where do I send the receipt of my seat deposit?

Sobriquet

New

Post by Sobriquet » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Just fax it to them...the same number you faxed your acceptances to, with a cover letter.

Did you choose a school?

ciccero

New

Post by ciccero » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:51 pm

Is it required to fax your acceptances? I thought you just had to update the law schools on your application online and then fax your seat deposit. I just want to make sure I don't forget to do something so simple.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:31 pm

Edit:

Dear SEO,

Please go against all odds and accept me.

Smooches,

Summer
Last edited by summertimechi on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meesawoosa

New

Post by meesawoosa » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:22 am

ciccero wrote:Is it required to fax your acceptances? I thought you just had to update the law schools on your application online and then fax your seat deposit. I just want to make sure I don't forget to do something so simple.
Umm, I definitely faxed in copies of my acceptances. I can't remember whether it was required or just recommended, but I'm fairly sure they mentioned it somewhere in the application process. I would do it, just to be safe.

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:31 am

Edit: Flag - unnecessary roughness.

I love SEO. <3
Last edited by summertimechi on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sobriquet

New

Post by Sobriquet » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:39 am

So I decided to get to the bottom of this...

Direct quote from the application received e-mail entitled "Thank you for your interest in the SEO Career Program":
Dear Sobriquet,

Thank you for submitting an application for the SEO Career Program. We look forward to reviewing it. If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified via the email address provided on your application. Please make sure that email address is accurate, check your account regularly and check your spam/bulk mail folder as our messages are sometimes blocked.
Supporting Documents:

As part of your submission, you completed what was called an Applications with Partner Firms section. The information you submitted for this section is critically important to us and your candidacy. Remember to log in to your application frequently to update this section of your application as often as necessary. Click here for quick access to the application login page.

Corporate Law Applicants, please use the Applications with Partner Firms section section to update us on the status of your applications to law schools. Also, please fax your law school admissions letters to 1-646-861-4899.

All Applicants, we will need an official transcript and one recommendation letter to make a final decision on your application. You do not need to send these materials now. If you are invited to an in-person interview, please request an official transcript from your registrars office. The transcript can be brought to the interview or mailed to our offices (55 Exchange Place, 6th Floor, ATTN: Career Program Transcript/Recommendation, New York, NY 10005). If you are invited to an in-person interview, you will receive the recommendation form and instructions via email.

SEO recruiters and alumni are important resources during the interview process. We are here to help you. Click here to access contact information. If you have any questions about the SEO Career Program, please visit our website for further information or contact us at careerprogram@seo-usa.org.

Best regards,

SEO Career Program

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:47 am

Edit: Summer, play nice.
Last edited by summertimechi on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:49 am

I'm sure they only want you to fax the school you're going to attend. Or at most, the top 2 schools you are considering (read the top 2 highest ranked schools you got into).

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:30 am

Sobriquet wrote:Just fax it to them...the same number you faxed your acceptances to, with a cover letter.

Did you choose a school?
Indeed I did. Withdrew from Yale, Stanford, and Michigan this weekend. Off to Harvard I go

KP429

Bronze

Post by KP429 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:51 am

I just set up my interview. It's with M. Davis. Anyone have any advice they'd like to share? If so, send over a PM. Thanks! :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:56 am

frank_the_tank wrote:Damn..how did you all find out about this program? I'd never heard of it until now.
Oops, too late.
Yeah wtf?

I wish I had known about this.

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 pm

These forums actually tipped me off about it. I also got a mailer.

TheNerdProject

Bronze

Post by TheNerdProject » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Did anyone below a 160 get invited to interview? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share your info with the world. TIA!

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:02 pm

Below a 160 typically precludes you from T14, so probably not.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 pm

I have it on VERY GOOD authority that someone with below a 160 got an interview. It is indeed possible.

(Read: I know for a fact that it is possible for someone with below a 160 to get an interview)

TheNerdProject

Bronze

Post by TheNerdProject » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 pm

treple wrote:Below a 160 typically precludes you from T14, so probably not.
What if you scored below a 160 but still got into multiple T14s? Do you think SEO cares more about what you scored or where you got in? I would hope the latter.

TheNerdProject

Bronze

Post by TheNerdProject » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:07 pm

cougarlive wrote:I have it on VERY GOOD authority that someone with below a 160 got an interview. It is indeed possible.

(Read: I know for a fact that it is possible for someone with below a 160 to get an interview)
Thanks Cougar. I'll keep hope alive.

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:09 pm

TheNerdProject wrote:
treple wrote:Below a 160 typically precludes you from T14, so probably not.
What if you scored below a 160 but still got into multiple T14s? Do you think SEO cares more about what you scored or where you got in? I would hope the latter.

The general consensus is they care MUCH more about where you get in then your LSAT score--since according to a post above SEO promises its partners a certain number of Harvard,Yale, etc. students. They care less about how you get in, but where you get in. Though because of the strong correlation between LSAT score and law school acceptances it is much more rare for someone with a below T-14 range LSAT score to get an invite.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Objection

Silver

Post by Objection » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:11 pm

Mods: Delete this thread because it makes me upset that I hadn't heard of it until too late.

Thanks.

:lol:

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Everyone says that it's your enrollment confirmation that is going to get you in, but what is second in line in criteria? I mean, I'm sure there are more than 50-60 minority candidates applying that got into HYSCCN, so do you think it's the interview next? Numbers? Resume? The fact that the program isn't filled solely with T6 students (when it probably could be) says there has to be something else going on. Maybe it's broken down by ethnicity quotas?

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:51 pm

lex talionis wrote:Everyone says that it's your enrollment confirmation that is going to get you in, but what is second in line in criteria? I mean, I'm sure there are more than 50-60 minority candidates applying that got into HYSCCN, so do you think it's the interview next? Numbers? Resume? The fact that the program isn't filled solely with T6 students (when it probably could be) says there has to be something else going on. Maybe it's broken down by ethnicity quotas?
Probably not that many. If you're a minority that got into HYSCCN, you tend to have pretty attractive options on your plate. Travel, work, or public interest stuff can all seem much more attractive than SEO when the world is your oyster.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
lex talionis wrote:Everyone says that it's your enrollment confirmation that is going to get you in, but what is second in line in criteria? I mean, I'm sure there are more than 50-60 minority candidates applying that got into HYSCCN, so do you think it's the interview next? Numbers? Resume? The fact that the program isn't filled solely with T6 students (when it probably could be) says there has to be something else going on. Maybe it's broken down by ethnicity quotas?
Probably not that many. If you're a minority that got into HYSCCN, you tend to have pretty attractive options on your plate. Travel, work, or public interest stuff can all seem much more attractive than SEO when the world is your oyster.
Meh... there are 185 "students of color" in the typical entering class of HLS alone... and there isn't that much you could offer me this summer that would be more attractive than SEO, besides "paid professional beach-goer."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”