SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone hoping to be placed in Los Angeles heard any good news?



I heard of at least 1 person that has been placed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 2:57 pm

Sorry I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but about how much do interns on average get paid a week?

lndixon

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby lndixon » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but about how much do interns on average get paid a week?


http://www.seo-usa.org/career/faqs

2nd question down.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but about how much do interns on average get paid a week?


http://www.seo-usa.org/career/faqs

2nd question down.


I hear it's something like $1,400/week for us.

User avatar
hoopydoodie

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby hoopydoodie » Wed May 02, 2012 4:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but about how much do interns on average get paid a week?


http://www.seo-usa.org/career/faqs

2nd question down.


I hear it's something like $1,400/week for us.


Where did you hear that? That'd be amazing if it were the case. I know the minimum is $1000/wk.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 4:32 pm

hoopydoodie wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sorry I'm sure this is posted somewhere, but about how much do interns on average get paid a week?


http://www.seo-usa.org/career/faqs

2nd question down.


I hear it's something like $1,400/week for us.


Where did you hear that? That'd be amazing if it were the case. I know the minimum is $1000/wk.


I made 1400 last year per week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Man that might as well be oil baron money to us poor liberal arts majors!

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Man that might as well be oil baron money to us poor liberal arts majors!


+1000000. Even though I'm in, I'm almost upset that the minimum is nearly double the largest non OT check I've ever received in my life -_-.

User avatar
1212

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 1212 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Man that might as well be oil baron money to us poor liberal arts majors!


+1000000. Even though I'm in, I'm effin' pumped that the minimum is nearly double the largest non OT check I've ever received in my life -_-.


ftfy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Any news today?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 5:10 pm

lol, 1 year later i'm making 3,667 per week this summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:lol, 1 year later i'm making 3,667 per week this summer.


Which state? Market rate in Texas is $3,077! This is an outrage!! We are getting robbed blind down here......

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hoopydoodie wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
http://www.seo-usa.org/career/faqs

2nd question down.


I hear it's something like $1,400/week for us.


Where did you hear that? That'd be amazing if it were the case. I know the minimum is $1000/wk.


I made 1400 last year per week.


before or after taxes?

User avatar
hoopydoodie

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby hoopydoodie » Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:lol, 1 year later i'm making 3,667 per week this summer.


Which state? Market rate in Texas is $3,077! This is an outrage!! We are getting robbed blind down here......


Lol at the above. Do all SEO Corporate Law interns receive the same compensation? Or does it vary by city?

User avatar
1212

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 1212 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

hoopydoodie wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:lol, 1 year later i'm making 3,667 per week this summer.


Which state? Market rate in Texas is $3,077! This is an outrage!! We are getting robbed blind down here......


Lol at the above. Do all SEO Corporate Law interns receive the same compensation? Or does it vary by city?


I have heard that it not only varies by market but can also vary by firm, like one NYC firm paying more than the others. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as I'm relying simply on anecdotal evidence.

Maybe someone can provide more substantiated information?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 pm

Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:20 pm

1212 wrote:
hoopydoodie wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:lol, 1 year later i'm making 3,667 per week this summer.


Which state? Market rate in Texas is $3,077! This is an outrage!! We are getting robbed blind down here......


Lol at the above. Do all SEO Corporate Law interns receive the same compensation? Or does it vary by city?


I have heard that it not only varies by market but can also vary by firm, like one NYC firm paying more than the others. Take that with a grain of salt, though, as I'm relying simply on anecdotal evidence.

Maybe someone can provide more substantiated information?


Alum here. Yes it varies by firm but you are generally gonna be making 1200 to 1500 per week. The fed is gonna tax you good and proper though so keep that in mind. You will have plenty left over to make it rain in the club after work though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?


Plenty of movement. No one is posting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?


Plenty of movement. No one is posting.


On that note can somebody that has gotten in and is in the facebook group post around how many people have already been accepted...just trying to gauge how much space is left?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?


Plenty of movement. No one is posting.

How do you know there's been movement

Even last week people were posting

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?


Plenty of movement. No one is posting.


On that note can somebody that has gotten in and is in the facebook group post around how many people have already been accepted...just trying to gauge how much space is left?



Well, the facebook group only has 13 members, so I wouldn't say there was "plenty" of movement.
Even if you triple that amount, there's still a good amount of spots left

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has there seriously been no movement for the past three days?


Plenty of movement. No one is posting.


On that note can somebody that has gotten in and is in the facebook group post around how many people have already been accepted...just trying to gauge how much space is left?



Well, the facebook group only has 13 members, so I wouldn't say there was "plenty" of movement.
Even if you triple that amount, there's still a good amount of spots left


Ok thats good

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?



That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).

Anonymous User
Posts: 309465
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:^ I could be wrong guys, but isn't that a group made BY people on TLS, FOR people on TLS? There's no way that could show close to everyone.

There's no way the bulk of the admits could even know the page exists, right?



That's why he said even if you triple (which would assume only 33% of SEOers are TLSers) it still leaves a lot of spots left.

Also, last year's thread had a nice portion (28 TLS confirmed out of I think 70 spots they had last year - 40%).


I understand the logic. I just know there's no way to tell. I'd assume at the very least, half of the decisions have gone out. They made it seem like the bulk would be out by this Friday and only a few would go out next week. Plus they have a small staff. Doubt they'd wait 'till the last min to call that many people...



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.