SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Dumb question alert:

What is the law school enrollment letter/ proof of seat deposit? Is it the form that I sent with the deposit to my law school of choice, or is it something else?

Thanks

Pretty much. There's no one standard form to my knowledge. I would take the form you sent to the school, take the acceptance letter, and send them to SEO.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:19 am

Praying for this week. It's coming down to the wire for me...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 am

Other than some posts a few months back. Has anyone been definitively rejected?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Just uploaded my seat deposit..had my initial interview last week...hoping for some good news soon!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:17 pm

No movement today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No movement today?

That or they're not talking...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 am

LOL, for those accepted be sure to actually submit your enrollment form. When I got the call last week I was so excited and since my interviewer asked if I'd be coming that I completely forgot to check whether I had to formally accept. When your status changes you've got to make certain to verify that. They may have told others, I was in class when I got the call so I got off pretty quickly.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 10:27 am

It seems that the start date has been changed to June. In the housing information packet it says that Corporate Law interns don't have to be in NYC until June for orientation so the May 25 date is no longer the orientation date. Did anyone else who has already been accepted get this packet with this info?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 10:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:It seems that the start date has been changed to June. In the housing information packet it says that Corporate Law interns don't have to be in NYC until June for orientation so the May 25 date is no longer the orientation date. Did anyone else who has already been accepted get this packet with this info?

Don't think I've gotten that packet yet but I had a feeling this was going to be the case. It just made logical sense. That works for me! Might even have time to make it to some extra music festivals. :lol: Glad they did the sensible thing and didn't put extra pressure on themselves just to adhere to past standards. I never understand why people as a species are so adverse to variable schedules, but I've had a different lifestyle than many so I can empathize with it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:LOL, for those accepted be sure to actually submit your enrollment form. When I got the call last week I was so excited and since my interviewer asked if I'd be coming that I completely forgot to check whether I had to formally accept. When your status changes you've got to make certain to verify that. They may have told others, I was in class when I got the call so I got off pretty quickly.

Dont you have to submit your enrollment before they accept you?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 10:54 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:LOL, for those accepted be sure to actually submit your enrollment form. When I got the call last week I was so excited and since my interviewer asked if I'd be coming that I completely forgot to check whether I had to formally accept. When your status changes you've got to make certain to verify that. They may have told others, I was in class when I got the call so I got off pretty quickly.

I think they mean the enrollment form for SEO ...not your seat deposit for law school

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think they mean the enrollment form for SEO ...not your seat deposit for law school

ah wow, did not make that connect. carry on

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 11:11 am

Any accepted SEO folks want to join a private FB group? SEO wouldn't be opposed to us getting acquainted or coordinating housing plans, would they?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any accepted SEO folks want to join a private FB group? SEO wouldn't be opposed to us getting acquainted or coordinating housing plans, would they?

Sure, other years have one so hopefully isn't an issue

Postby 1212 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 am

If you would like to join the 2012 SEO FB group, pm me!

Good luck to all still waiting!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 11:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It seems that the start date has been changed to June. In the housing information packet it says that Corporate Law interns don't have to be in NYC until June for orientation so the May 25 date is no longer the orientation date. Did anyone else who has already been accepted get this packet with this info?

Don't think I've gotten that packet yet but I had a feeling this was going to be the case. It just made logical sense. That works for me! Might even have time to make it to some extra music festivals. :lol: Glad they did the sensible thing and didn't put extra pressure on themselves just to adhere to past standards. I never understand why people as a species are so adverse to variable schedules, but I've had a different lifestyle than many so I can empathize with it.

Reached out to them, and it appears that Orientation is, in fact, on May 25th as it says on the website. The enrollment packet was messed up. They really can't push back the start dates-- it's not up to them, it's up to the firms.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Reached out to them, and it appears that Orientation is, in fact, on May 25th as it says on the website. The enrollment packet was messed up. They really can't push back the start dates-- it's not up to them, it's up to the firms.

Thanks for the info! I was going to contact them to see if in fact it had been changed to June. Oh well, May 25th works for me anyways. They should send out another email though correcting the packet info.

hoopydoodie

Postby hoopydoodie » Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 am

I read that in the packet as well, but I still think orientation is May 25. I could be wrong, but during my follow-up interview my interviewer assured me that May 25 was the start date.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Ughh, can't wait to hear back!

Does anyone know the exact time schedule for the program? How long will we be working, and when does it end?

Postby 1212 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Ughh, can't wait to hear back!

Does anyone know the exact time schedule for the program? How long will we be working, and when does it end?

I am interested in this as well. The most recent letter said that a summer schedule is forthcoming.

hoopydoodie

Postby hoopydoodie » Tue May 01, 2012 12:35 pm

1212 wrote:

I am interested in this as well. The most recent letter said that a summer schedule is forthcoming.

The program begins May 25 with orientation in New York (some firms may begin even earlier than that) and ends August 10 at the completion of CLI. This information came from my follow-up interview and is also on the website.

Postby 1212 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:42 pm

hoopydoodie wrote:
1212 wrote:

The program begins May 25 with orientation in New York (some firms may begin even earlier than that) and ends August 10 at the completion of CLI. This information came from my follow-up interview and is also on the website.

Oh great! Thanks so much for clearing that up!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 1:25 pm

hoopydoodie wrote:
1212 wrote:

Thanks! School starts for me on August 16 I believe so I wanted to know how much time there would be between this program and the start

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue May 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yea they sent an email, I stand corrected. They know their position better than I do so if they will be ready by then I trust that they will. I secretly was just hoping for one last music festival :lol: But in any case I'm excited about firm placement, does anyone know the timeline on that? Can't really find it in the past pages.

Also, does anyone know what they have an interest in already? Doing some research before law school and even moreso before the interview, I became interested in maybe doing cross border transactional work, so that would be cool to get some experience and see what that's like if Im fortunate enough this summer.

hoopydoodie

Postby hoopydoodie » Tue May 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yea they sent an email, I stand corrected. They know their position better than I do so if they will be ready by then I trust that they will. I secretly was just hoping for one last music festival :lol: But in any case I'm excited about firm placement, does anyone know the timeline on that? Can't really find it in the past pages.

Also, does anyone know what they have an interest in already? Doing some research before law school and even moreso before the interview, I became interested in maybe doing cross border transactional work, so that would be cool to get some experience and see what that's like if Im fortunate enough this summer.

Firm placement by the end of next week (May 11), also from my follow-up interview. May be as soon as next Monday though.

Return to “Legal Employment”