SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just wanted to share that I heard back positively today. I won't share specifics, but wanted to reassure everyone that they are making progress and are working really hard to place people.

Congrats!

For those who have heard back. Were you told your firm placement or just the city placement?

Just the city.

Guys, don't give up. I just posted that as an indication that SEO hasn't forgotten about us, quite the opposite. Its wise to have a backup plan but don't resign yourself to failure prematurely.

JustE

Postby JustE » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just wanted to share that I heard back positively today. I won't share specifics, but wanted to reassure everyone that they are making progress and are working really hard to place people.

Congrats!

For those who have heard back. Were you told your firm placement or just the city placement?

Just the city.

Guys, don't give up. I just posted that as an indication that SEO hasn't forgotten about us, quite the opposite. Its wise to have a backup plan but don't resign yourself to failure prematurely.

Mind sharing what school you will be attending? You can PM me if you like.

Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Is anyone familiar with the follow-up interview? Is it as intense as the initial interview? I'm not too sure how to prep for it...=/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

A question for anyone who has heard back: is the notification by email or by phone? Do they leave a message if you didn't pick up?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A question for anyone who has heard back: is the notification by email or by phone? Do they leave a message if you didn't pick up?

Phone and of course.

amc987

Postby amc987 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:49 pm

So I just got an email for a follow-up interview next week. Does anyone who has done this before have any tips? Should I be expecting another case-type interview or will this one probably be less formal?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it confirmed that we start the 25th, or are we just going from last year's thread? I legitimately don't know and am having difficulty finding the exact date. I assumed with Dewey going through changes they might just start a bit later in June since they are still contacting people.

Either way, not much any of us can do. It's not as if anyone in knows where they are going to be or can buy housing yet, and while I understand that not knowing your plans can be frustrating, wouldn't it just be easier to withdraw if this is causing some of you guys that much stress? I mean that in the most non-dickish manner I can express, only because it seems like some of you really have alternate plans and I just wanted to let you know that the waiting doesn't stop after you're in, they still have placement and whatnot even in your respective city and with the class not being full yet I'm sure it's going to be difficult for them to do that.

Still kind of dickish. And knowing what city we'll be in actually does help, just a tiny bit. It, like, allows you to actually get serious about housing and, like, know where you're going to be moving. But please, lets not begin another debate vis-a-vis Mindless SEO Trolls v. Frustrated SEO Applicants

Lol, really man? Anyone that's not upset is a mindless troll? This just seems like common sense. You already know what your top city is. There's literally no difference between being accepted and still waiting besides knowing that you're actually in. You can't start planning anything, and as someone else pointed out, orientation is just the 25th, you could be starting in June. I'd understand you being upset if somehow people were able to make plans and you weren't, but everyone is in the same boat with the exception of knowing whether they are in or not.

If you actually have stuff to do, I'm just letting you know that the situation doesn't change at all once your in. There's no debate here, it's just a fact. Why you're so upset is beyond me but enjoy the pointless stress, I'm only up here to relay what I know right now (which is essentially the same as everyone else besides those who've been rejected).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:58 pm

They just lost Dewey (based off the elimination of the summer class). Last year we had part of our orientation there (and I'm sure you would've had it there too).

There going to need someone else to teach the property coures, give the exam, and grade it now.

They're also going to need to come up with a position for four more SEOs. In a program that's based on precision in placement, this has to be torture for them. They probably also just lost tens and thousands of dollar's from Dewey's collapse (they were a huge SEO supporter, and considering they had 4 SEO, each costing around 12.5k (that's given to SEO in exchange per intern), this probably really sucks)

I really hope they don't cut those 4 spots that normally go to Dewey.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:They just lost Dewey (based off the elimination of the summer class). Last year we had part of our orientation there (and I'm sure you would've had it there too).

There going to need someone else to teach the property coures, give the exam, and grade it now.

They're also going to need to come up with a position for four more SEOs. In a program that's based on precision in placement, this has to be torture for them. They probably also just lost tens and thousands of dollar's from Dewey's collapse (they were a huge SEO supporter, and considering they had 4 SEO, each costing around 12.5k (that's given to SEO in exchange per intern), this probably really sucks)

Why wouldn't they just cut those 4 spots?

Isn't also true they were expanding the program? So maybe that will offset the losses

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They just lost Dewey (based off the elimination of the summer class). Last year we had part of our orientation there (and I'm sure you would've had it there too).

Why wouldn't they just cut those 4 spots?

Isn't also true they were expanding the program? So maybe that will offset the losses

Unless Dewey was a major backer of the expansion...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm

For people who've already submitted their enrollment confirmation, did you do anything other than just upload it to the updates section of the online app??

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For people who've already submitted their enrollment confirmation, did you do anything other than just upload it to the updates section of the online app??

Nope. You won't receive a confirmation, but I would check with them to make sure.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 pm

How soon after the follow up have people heard back?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:How soon after the follow up have people heard back?

Days for some people. I hear others have had multiple interviews without hearing a word.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Hey guys when I got in they said the class size was 90+ so stay relaxed they are not cutting any spots

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:29 am

Had a follow up interview this past week and then got a call that I was accepted afterwards. After the call, received an email that a decision had been made. Logged on to the SEO application and my acceptance letter was there at the bottom of the main homepage. Under check your application; the status has not changed. Not in D.C. or NYC. Once you are accepted you will not be given your firm assignment...these will not be made until the 2nd week of May. Good luck to everyone waiting. It seems like they are working as quickly as possible to make decision so just be patient.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 am

congrats! would u mind telling us what to expect for the follow up interview if we get lucky enough to get an invite for one

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Is the follow up request made via email?

salsahips

Postby salsahips » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is the follow up request made via email?

yes

hoopydoodie

Postby hoopydoodie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Also guys, the website is up to date concerning dates we should know about: http://www.seo-usa.org/career/inter-resources/key-dates. This year, orientation begins May 25 in New York. After that, we begin work at our firms and the program ends August 10 after CLI. I heard back about my acceptance 9 days after my follow-up interview. Keep this in mind (also from the SEO website): The process will work differently for different candidates based on a number of factors including your program/internship area and geographic location. The timing and availability of phone screen and interview slots and the timing of your decision will vary and may not correspond with other candidates'. Do NOT be alarmed. We will do our best to inform you of your status throughout the process.

Patience really is a virtue :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Dumb question alert:

What is the law school enrollment letter/ proof of seat deposit? Is it the form that I sent with the deposit to my law school of choice, or is it something else?

Thanks

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:25 pm

It seems like they havent made many NY decisions yet

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 pm

I heard from someone high up that the big bulk of decisions will come out this week. ::fingers/eyes crossed::

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Do you think this will include the people who just recently had their first interviews

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Dumb question alert:

What is the law school enrollment letter/ proof of seat deposit? Is it the form that I sent with the deposit to my law school of choice, or is it something else?

Thanks

Pretty much. There's no one standard form to my knowledge. I would take the form you sent to the school, take the acceptance letter, and send them to SEO.

Return to “Legal Employment”