SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ok, so I understand if people are hesitant to post about when they got their calls and other details, but could somebody who was accepted share which area code the call came from?


This is creepy as hell. I hope no one shares it. You're going to scare the hell out of the staff, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they block their calls after reading this.


I was just asking for the area code for screening purposes, not to bombard them with calls.

I don't like answering calls on my cell phone at work if I can avoid it, so if I knew that an incoming call wasn't SEO, I would just let it go to voicemail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Ok, so I understand if people are hesitant to post about when they got their calls and other details, but could somebody who was accepted share which area code the call came from?


This is creepy as hell. I hope no one shares it. You're going to scare the hell out of the staff, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they block their calls after reading this.



Not really but ok.

It's just an area code, and probably for a huge metropolitan area. It helps to ease the tension when you miss a call from an unknown number if you know what area code SEO calls from.

I also think it's very inconsiderate of SEO if indeed they have issued a gag order. This year's cycle is abnormally late and while I am sure they are busting their asses to select the class, we are also sweating our asses off figuring out what the hell we're gonna do in the summer. It's not just finding out, for many people the SEO decision determines what city they'll be in, and moving plans can't be made otherwise. Not to mention the struggle of finding an apartment on such short notice whether you're selected and have to move to the city or not selected and have to move elsewhere for the summer.


so then drop out of consideration for the program and plan your summer accordingly? i don't get why you're so whiny about this.



Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm sure they'll leave a message with a phone number for you to call back, so just screen your calls if you're at work. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they won't rescind your offer if you don't answer the phone when they first call you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.



As alumni have already explained there is little rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Knowing who's gotten in is not going to help you in planning for the summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm sure they'll leave a message with a phone number for you to call back, so just screen your calls if you're at work. It's not a big deal, I'm sure they won't rescind your offer if you don't answer the phone when they first call you.


this is the normal, human thing to do. knowing the area code is not going to make the phone call come any quicker, loser.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.



As alumni have already explained there is little rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Knowing who's gotten in is not going to help you in planning for the summer.


From another previous response: I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.



As alumni have already explained there is little rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Knowing who's gotten in is not going to help you in planning for the summer.


From another previous response: I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.


What information are you looking for? The area code? LOL!!!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes it's a great program and a privilege at that. However your arguments, which are eerily similar to the whole "This is America and if you don't like it you can geeeet oooouuuttt" just doesn't fly with me. There is no reason to purposefully try to keep even minimal information about the current progress of the process. I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.

As far as sounding entitled. I'm sorry I came across that way but I think you've misunderstood me a bit. If I would have been rejected two, three, four weeks ago, I would not have complained for a second that I didn't get in despite my credentials. I wouldn't have claimed I was more deserving of a spot than any other of the uber-qualified candidates. Asking for a little clarification is being entitled?? Don't see how that works.

But keep up the anonymous SEO trolling, I'm sure it'll get you a spot.

EDIT: And yes, short notice comes with the territory, but this is insanely short even by SEO standards, in previous years the acceptances started in late March and were pretty much all in by mid-April.



As alumni have already explained there is little rhyme or reason to the admissions process. Knowing who's gotten in is not going to help you in planning for the summer.


From another previous response: I'm not asking for a per applicant breakdown of who is accepted and when, but a simple easing of the flow of information so we can make informed decisions is not too much to ask.


What information are you looking for? The area code? LOL!!!!



This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.

EDIT: you should have picked up on that from the previous post, maybe not so good at reading comp?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


+1. we all understand the frustration. and SEO knows exactly when their program starts and when it would be convenient for us to know. but all these anxiety producing comments and requests have got to go. it's not a good look, it's not going to prompt SEO so make decisions any more expeditiously, and it's just not appropriate. text your friends, call your mama, but keep it off the internet.

-SEO prospect, waiting patiently

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


+1. we all understand the frustration. and SEO knows exactly when their program starts and when it would be convenient for us to know. but all these anxiety producing comments and requests have got to go. it's not a good look, it's not going to prompt SEO so make decisions any more expeditiously, and it's just not appropriate. text your friends, call your mama, but keep it off the internet.

-SEO prospect, waiting patiently



What is ugly is the stifling of expression. Seems like most people on here just want everyone to shut up, and SEO is playing into that. This only took the turn it did cause some people didn't like the original comment that I posted. I don't know, I seem to prefer the free exchange of ideas, I know it sounds cheesy and high-minded, but I have been extremely put off by the culture of gag that has permeated this year's thread.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


+1. we all understand the frustration. and SEO knows exactly when their program starts and when it would be convenient for us to know. but all these anxiety producing comments and requests have got to go. it's not a good look, it's not going to prompt SEO so make decisions any more expeditiously, and it's just not appropriate. text your friends, call your mama, but keep it off the internet.

-SEO prospect, waiting patiently



Finally someone with some damn nerve. I hope you get into the program.

STFU whiners. I wouldn't want to do a program with you guys, i hope you all get rejected! You'll just complain the entire time about SEO.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


+1. we all understand the frustration. and SEO knows exactly when their program starts and when it would be convenient for us to know. but all these anxiety producing comments and requests have got to go. it's not a good look, it's not going to prompt SEO so make decisions any more expeditiously, and it's just not appropriate. text your friends, call your mama, but keep it off the internet.

-SEO prospect, waiting patiently



What is ugly is the stifling of expression. Seems like most people on here just want everyone to shut up, and SEO is playing into that. This only took the turn it did cause some people didn't like the original comment that I posted. I don't know, I seem to prefer the free exchange of ideas, I know it sounds cheesy and high-minded, but I have been extremely put off by the culture of gag that has permeated this year's thread.


okay hypocrite. stop posting anonymously and lead the way.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


+1. we all understand the frustration. and SEO knows exactly when their program starts and when it would be convenient for us to know. but all these anxiety producing comments and requests have got to go. it's not a good look, it's not going to prompt SEO so make decisions any more expeditiously, and it's just not appropriate. text your friends, call your mama, but keep it off the internet.

-SEO prospect, waiting patiently



Finally someone with some damn nerve. I hope you get into the program.

STFU whiners. I wouldn't want to do a program with you guy, i hope you're rejected! You'll just complain the entire time about SEO.


Well, it seems the groupthink has really took a turn for the worse so I'll stop commenting. Any opinion outside of one's own seems to be considered whining. We'll make great lawyers one day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Well, it seems the groupthink has really took a turn for the worse so I'll stop commenting. Any opinion outside of one's own seems to be considered whining. We'll make great lawyers one day.


You want cheese with your continuous whines?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


+1. we all understand the frustration. and SEO knows exactly when their program starts and when it would be convenient for us to know. but all these anxiety producing comments and requests have got to go. it's not a good look, it's not going to prompt SEO so make decisions any more expeditiously, and it's just not appropriate. text your friends, call your mama, but keep it off the internet.

-SEO prospect, waiting patiently



What is ugly is the stifling of expression. Seems like most people on here just want everyone to shut up, and SEO is playing into that. This only took the turn it did cause some people didn't like the original comment that I posted. I don't know, I seem to prefer the free exchange of ideas, I know it sounds cheesy and high-minded, but I have been extremely put off by the culture of gag that has permeated this year's thread.


okay hypocrite. stop posting anonymously and lead the way.


You can't ad hominem your way passed the point.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Well, it seems the groupthink has really took a turn for the worse so I'll stop commenting. Any opinion outside of one's own seems to be considered whining. We'll make great lawyers one day.


You want cheese with your continuous whines?



Especially you, you'll be on the Court one day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I can totally tell this is the same anonymous poster who always complains about SEO and their timing. Srsly drop the fuck out.

You say you're going to stop posting, and then you never do, until you have the last word. It's hilarious.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I can totally tell this is the same anonymous poster who always complains about SEO and their timing. Srsly drop the fuck out.

You say you're going to stop posting, and then you never do, until you have the last word. It's hilarious.



You're a regular Sherlock.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I can totally tell this is the same anonymous poster who always complains about SEO and their timing. Srsly drop the fuck out.

You say you're going to stop posting, and then you never do, until you have the last word. It's hilarious.



You're a regular Sherlock.


lol. told you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

At least this is entertaining/killing time for us..

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby AS33 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Yikes. Let's get this thread back on track.

Hopefully some of us hear back today! Good luck everyone

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


Exactly. If they're trying to fill the class as quickly as possible, and have to keep answering the phone when prospects call with questions because they read online people got admitted, then it makes sense they'd want the information to be kept on the DL. Basically, every time someone calls, it takes away from staff doing their jobs, which makes everyone's wait longer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:This is the problem with anonymous posting, I'm not the same person asking for the area code. I'm asking that SEO not scare all accepted applicants into not divulging ANY information.


Fair enough, agree to disagree. I don't think admits going public about their status really provides any useful information and will only lead to more badgering from applicants. When I got offered a merit scholly the other day the financial aid person told me not to tell anyone online because they don't want more calls. I don't think its wrong of SEO to do this.


Exactly. If they're trying to fill the class as quickly as possible, and have to keep answering the phone when prospects call with questions because they read online people got admitted, then it makes sense they'd want the information to be kept on the DL. Basically, every time someone calls, it takes away from staff doing their jobs, which makes everyone's wait longer.


Yep, same anon who was talking about scholly here. She specifically said "Please dont go on TOP LAW SCHOOLS and talk about it" LOL!!! Everyone's aware of these boards guys, we really need to behave.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeahh...so let's discuss something else.

For people who hope to get in for NYC, what kind of housing are you looking at?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.