SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby hyakku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Can any alums discuss whether or not you find out about placement roughly around the same time of acceptance or after? Also, do they provide you with your location immediately or allow for flexibility for last minute upheavals? Getting excited for their decision, either way the process has been pretty fun, especially picking up the random interview skills I have.

Lol some of you guys are torturing yourselves though. I understand that speculation comforts some people though, so it's cool, I just always wonder how you guys haven't driven yourselves crazy with all this speculating. Although I can't say my senseless optimism is much better :P

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement?


I just called the front desk and they say the Corporate Law folks are working really hard with the review process, but haven't announced any deadlines or timelines or anything.

Also, for those of you who've just heard absolutely nothing (and I mean not even contacted for an initial interview), the good news is if you haven't been rejected, you're still in the running. So...hang in there :)


What?? Are you kidding me? How is that even possible?! There's like a month left! How are they going to process even more people all the way from the initial interview phase? How do they not have enough candidates already? This is so frustrating!! :cry:


(same person who called) I know! I asked the same and basically got shut down. I think it was the general front desk reception. He made it sound like a lot of nervous applicants are calling about status updates. They're working hard to review apps, and that's as much information as they have for now...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:54 pm

hyakku wrote:Can any alums discuss whether or not you find out about placement roughly around the same time of acceptance or after? Also, do they provide you with your location immediately or allow for flexibility for last minute upheavals? Getting excited for their decision, either way the process has been pretty fun, especially picking up the random interview skills I have.

Lol some of you guys are torturing yourselves though. I understand that speculation comforts some people though, so it's cool, I just always wonder how you guys haven't driven yourselves crazy with all this speculating. Although I can't say my senseless optimism is much better :P


They offered me a spot in the program in a particular city.

I found out like two days later about my firm.

Also, I hope you guys are paying attention to what's going on at Dewey. The firm CEO normally gives us advice about law school, teaches you the first class, and gives you the first exam. Also, they normally place 3-4 interns at Dewey. Kinda weird it won't be around much longer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hyakku wrote:Can any alums discuss whether or not you find out about placement roughly around the same time of acceptance or after? Also, do they provide you with your location immediately or allow for flexibility for last minute upheavals? Getting excited for their decision, either way the process has been pretty fun, especially picking up the random interview skills I have.

Lol some of you guys are torturing yourselves though. I understand that speculation comforts some people though, so it's cool, I just always wonder how you guys haven't driven yourselves crazy with all this speculating. Although I can't say my senseless optimism is much better :P


They offered me a spot in the program in a particular city.

I found out like two days later about my firm.

Also, I hope you guys are paying attention to what's going on at Dewey. The firm CEO normally gives us advice about law school, teaches you the first class, and gives you the first exam. Also, they normally place 3-4 interns at Dewey. Kinda weird it won't be around much longer.


I hear maybe Greenberg Traurig is going to buy them up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 am

Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean... the tank is clean?? THE TANK IS CLEANNNNNNNN!!! :wink:

Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor. :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:They offered me a spot in the program in a particular city.

I found out like two days later about my firm.

Also, I hope you guys are paying attention to what's going on at Dewey. The firm CEO normally gives us advice about law school, teaches you the first class, and gives you the first exam. Also, they normally place 3-4 interns at Dewey. Kinda weird it won't be around much longer.


I hear maybe Greenberg Traurig is going to buy them up.


that's word on the street... or rather on ATL
http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/dewey-ha ... -come-due/

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean... the tank is clean?? THE TANK IS CLEANNNNNNNN!!! :wink:

Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor. :)


yes to ALL of this! lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

So is SEO considerate enough to send rejection letters/emails....something?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is SEO considerate enough to send rejection letters/emails....something?


eventually.

you can check if you're still in the running, though, through the online application. generally it says you've been rejected somewhere if you have.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is SEO considerate enough to send rejection letters/emails....something?


eventually.

you can check if you're still in the running, though, through the online application. generally it says you've been rejected somewhere if you have.


So then we can hold on to hope if it just says "submitted?" yay!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Got a missed call from an unknown number earlier and I got excited. But I guess it wasn't SEO since there was no movement here. :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Dear SEO,

GET A MOVE ON IT!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dear SEO,

GET A MOVE ON IT!



Whoooaaaa someone's bold!!! :shock:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?



I would guess that by this point Skype is the only way to do the initial interviews for logistical reasons, and I would also guess that having one this late would preclude you from having a follow up.

Congrats on the request. But I can't believe they're still handing out initial interviews. When will this end?!?!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

MADNESS!!!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?



I would guess that by this point Skype is the only way to do the initial interviews for logistical reasons, and I would also guess that having one this late would preclude you from having a follow up.

Congrats on the request. But I can't believe they're still handing out initial interviews. When will this end?!?!


Thanks for the grats...i am freaking out right now because I thought this late in the game i was out for sure

I havent read through this entire thread...but plan to pour through it tonight....but I am going to a school ranked between 20-25...will this preclude me from getting the internship...I thought I read somewhere that you really dont have a shot outside the t-14??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?



I would guess that by this point Skype is the only way to do the initial interviews for logistical reasons, and I would also guess that having one this late would preclude you from having a follow up.

Congrats on the request. But I can't believe they're still handing out initial interviews. When will this end?!?!


Thanks for the grats...i am freaking out right now because I thought this late in the game i was out for sure

I havent read through this entire thread...but plan to pour through it tonight....but I am going to a school ranked between 20-25...will this preclude me from getting the internship...I thought I read somewhere that you really dont have a shot outside the t-14??


It just makes it tougher. I've also heard they are expanding the program this year. Just do you best on the interview, its all you can control at this point.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:28 pm

If any one has the list of interview questions that was discussed earlier..can you PM them to me

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Elric » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:If any one has the list of interview questions that was discussed earlier..can you PM them to me


+1

Me too...also just got an initial interview request :D

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

*rips hair out* :cry:

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:08 pm

This is really getting old...

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Was accepted today! Really excited and I want to say thanks to all the people who gave us advice and tips to sharpen our interview abilities. I didn't use all of them but I definitely think they helped me out and helped make up for a GPA that might not have been as strong as other applicants. Sorry I can't give more detail but not really trying to start on the wrong foot and piss anyone off, so hopefully there will be more info from them for the rest of you still waiting.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273137
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was accepted today! Really excited and I want to say thanks to all the people who gave us advice and tips to sharpen our interview abilities. I didn't use all of them but I definitely think they helped me out and helped make up for a GPA that might not have been as strong as other applicants. Sorry I can't give more detail but not really trying to start on the wrong foot and piss anyone off, so hopefully there will be more info from them for the rest of you still waiting.


Can you at least tell us the form of notification? I.e. phone call, email, status update on the online app?

I understand not wanting to give too much info but I just want to know if checking the online app is even worth it at this point.

Oh and congrats!!! So exciting!

User avatar
Fujin11
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Fujin11 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm

I could use the list of questions as well, just got the initial Skype interview request




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.