SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
cindypopper

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby cindypopper » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:56 am

Hello! Can anyone please PM me with info about the follow up interview. What it's like, what do they ask you, any info would be helpful. I haven't actually gotten a follow up interview but just want to be prepared in case I do. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:06 pm

For those who may end up in NYC, where are you going to live. I planned on trying to live in the NYU law dorms. Looks like there applications are closed now though. Any suggestions for a similar living arrangement?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those who may end up in NYC, where are you going to live. I planned on trying to live in the NYU law dorms. Looks like there applications are closed now though. Any suggestions for a similar living arrangement?

All of the formal NYC summer housing options are basically not accepting applications at this point. NYU, New School, Columbia, etc usually give all of their available rooms by March (early April latest), but you have to apply in like January.

Try EHS, but all they will have left at this point are doubles/triples with shared bathroom and no kitchens.

Best bet once you find out about SEO (which could be another 2 weeks :/) would be to hit up CraigsList and try to do a usblet. There are alot of students with apartments who go elsewhere for the summer and need someone to sublet their apartment for basically the same time that SEO will be happening. I know law students at T14 schools who went to NYC for the summer and just did a sublet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:12 pm

delete

*double posted*

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 am

I am feeling good vibes about tomorrow guys. SEO may call with good news! "Don't stop believing"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am feeling good vibes about tomorrow guys. SEO may call with good news! "Don't stop believing"

May the odds be ever in our favor. ;)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

I hope we hear from them soon! Good luck everyone.

AS33

Postby AS33 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 am

We're definitely going to hear from them this week (I asked). My guess is Wednesday, though.

Elric

Postby Elric » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:21 pm

AS33 wrote:We're definitely going to hear from them this week (I asked). My guess is Wednesday, though.

does this include people who were never contacted for an interview? I would like some closure.

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm

Elric wrote:
AS33 wrote:We're definitely going to hear from them this week (I asked). My guess is Wednesday, though.

does this include people who were never contacted for an interview? I would like some closure.

+1

AS33

Postby AS33 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 pm

sdphill wrote:
Elric wrote:

+1

Sorry I don't know this answer, wish I did. Maybe someone else does?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 pm

sdphill wrote:
Elric wrote:

+1

Not everyone who gets accepted has a follow-up so it's really impossible to tell.

lndixon

Postby lndixon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
sdphill wrote:
Elric wrote:

+1

Not everyone who gets accepted has a follow-up so it's really impossible to tell.

I think he meant that he was never contacted for an initial interview. Maybe I misunderstood though.

Elric

Postby Elric » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I think he meant that he was never contacted for an initial interview. Maybe I misunderstood though.

I did, and I'm a she...I'm just confused because they haven't rejected me or anything. Guess it's time to call them...

lndixon

Postby lndixon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Elric wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I did, and I'm a she...I'm just confused because they haven't rejected me or anything. Guess it's time to call them...

my bad re: he vs. she

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:56 am

Should I take it as a bad sign if they haven't returned any of my calls or emails from last week? I mean, I only tried to contact them once in both ways since I didn't want to be annoying, but shouldn't they have responded in some way by now if I was still in the running?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Any movement?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement?

I just called the front desk and they say the Corporate Law folks are working really hard with the review process, but haven't announced any deadlines or timelines or anything.

Also, for those of you who've just heard absolutely nothing (and I mean not even contacted for an initial interview), the good news is if you haven't been rejected, you're still in the running. So...hang in there :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I just called the front desk and they say the Corporate Law folks are working really hard with the review process, but haven't announced any deadlines or timelines or anything.

Also, for those of you who've just heard absolutely nothing (and I mean not even contacted for an initial interview), the good news is if you haven't been rejected, you're still in the running. So...hang in there :)

Really, no other info?? No indication if they were in any way close to acceptances? Btw, who did you speak with? Was it the front-desk receptionist or did you get connected with someone in the Corporate Law program?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Here's to hoping we hear later this week! Good luck everyone!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

What?? Are you kidding me? How is that even possible?! There's like a month left! How are they going to process even more people all the way from the initial interview phase? How do they not have enough candidates already? This is so frustrating!! :cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 pm

In the application status on the SEO website does any one else have "deadline passed".?...i know I made the deadline it said "submitted" all the way until the deadline had went and then it came up

lndixon

Postby lndixon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:In the application status on the SEO website does any one else have "deadline passed".?...i know I made the deadline it said "submitted" all the way until the deadline had went and then it came up

Mine says that too. It says "deadline passed" right above "submitted." One of the previous posters (alum I think) said that was normal.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:19 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:In the application status on the SEO website does any one else have "deadline passed".?...i know I made the deadline it said "submitted" all the way until the deadline had went and then it came up

Mine says that too. It says "deadline passed" right above "submitted." One of the previous posters (alum I think) said that was normal.

ok at least I feel better...now lets just hope that the above poster is right and people who have heard nothing yet are still in the running

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Really, no other info?? No indication if they were in any way close to acceptances? Btw, who did you speak with? Was it the front-desk receptionist or did you get connected with someone in the Corporate Law program?

+1

Return to “Legal Employment”