SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ddp

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby ddp » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:34 pm

masterpinky0509 wrote:has anyone heard of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association? I just got an email from them and the program sounds similar to SEO.

I just got this email as well. I went to register and I was taken to a website called the "National Negro Association" or something like that...I wonder if this is program is only for African Americans? I thought the instructions indicated any broke minority (like me) could apply...

KP429

Postby KP429 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Sobriquet wrote:Has anyone besides meesa gotten in? I don't know whether or not to be discouraged yet.

Meesa is in as a result of deferring for a year (and thus already sending in the enrollment receipt for HLS, etc.). For the rest of us, we probably won't find out for a long while unless we put in a seat deposit sometime soon.

meesawoosa

Postby meesawoosa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 pm

KP429 wrote:
Sobriquet wrote:Has anyone besides meesa gotten in? I don't know whether or not to be discouraged yet.

Meesa is in as a result of deferring for a year (and thus already sending in the enrollment receipt for HLS, etc.). For the rest of us, we probably won't find out for a long while unless we put in a seat deposit sometime soon.

This is true.
Though I have gotten a couple of pm's from other TLS posters who said that they were also in, for Sobriquet and any others who may be wondering.

KP429

Postby KP429 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Quick question -- do you have your firm assignment yet?

frank_the_tank

Postby frank_the_tank » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:28 pm

lex talionis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:Damn..how did you all find out about this program? I'd never heard of it until now.
Oops, too late.

Doesn't matter, Frankfurt, since you aren't a minority.

and the whiteys get screwed again...

labellavita

Postby labellavita » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:31 pm

frank_the_tank wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:Damn..how did you all find out about this program? I'd never heard of it until now.
Oops, too late.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nevermind the fact that "whitey" has been screwing everyone else for only God knows how long....

meesawoosa

Postby meesawoosa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:34 pm

KP429 wrote:Quick question -- do you have your firm assignment yet?

No. Firm assignments are not decided until late April/early May.

frank_the_tank

Postby frank_the_tank » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:37 pm

labellavita wrote:
frank_the_tank wrote:
lex talionis wrote:
Oops, too late.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Nevermind the fact that "whitey" has been screwing everyone else for only God knows how long....

It was a joke for lex, babe.

reallyreallyreally

Postby reallyreallyreally » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:44 pm

meesawoosa wrote:
KP429 wrote:Quick question -- do you have your firm assignment yet?

No. Firm assignments are not decided until late April/early May.

How long did it take for them to tell you you where in after confirming where you were going to school?

Sobriquet

Postby Sobriquet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:57 pm

Do you know what schools the others who have gotten in have committed to, if any yet?

meesawoosa

Postby meesawoosa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm

reallyreallyreally wrote:
How long did it take for them to tell you you where in after confirming where you were going to school?

I had given enrollment confirmation to my interviewer at my interview in late January. A few days later, I received another request from the program manager for enrollment confirmation, which I e-mailed in early February. I received the acceptance phone call 2-3 days later.

And Sobriquet, I believe one had committed to UPenn, the other I'm not sure.

reallyreallyreally

Postby reallyreallyreally » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Cool, thank you. Enrollment confirmation=deposit confirmation?

meesawoosa

Postby meesawoosa » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 pm

For me, it was a copy of the e-mails between me and HLS Admissions that verified that a) I had submitted my deposit, b) I had requested and been granted a deferral, and c) I had chosen not to extend my deferral and was going to attend this fall 2009.

Sobriquet

Postby Sobriquet » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 pm

I already put a deposit down and showed this, so I'm guessing that it's not looking good for me.

Thanks for the info, though!

daisyduck

Postby daisyduck » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Just had my interview.
Can't really gauge how I did - some of my answers were horrendous and some were good. I was interviewed by two ladies. They were very new york. no bullshit and super intelligent (or the impression of).

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Sobriquet wrote:I already put a deposit down and showed this, so I'm guessing that it's not looking good for me.

Thanks for the info, though!

sobriquet, where are you heading this fall?

angeleyez09

Postby angeleyez09 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:02 am

So I had my interview last Thursday and I received an email today notifying me that a decision has been made. I was placed on the waitlist. I want to know if this is normal until you send in your enrollment letter of which school you are attending or if they give out acceptances contingent on where you enroll. Does anyone know this? I just want to know if I should go ahead and give my professor the recommendation form because I do not want to waste my professor's time if it is a hidden rejection.

ciccero

Postby ciccero » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:11 am

I just received the same e-mail. I looked at past threads on TLS and LSD and I don't see anyone mention being Waitlisted. I'm hoping that this is just a new process, because I won't be making a decision for another month maybe. I had my interview also at the beginning of February, and need to get on turning in my LOR. It would suck if they made a decision before even receiving all my info.

kurla88

Postby kurla88 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 am

WL-ed also.

Wtf, I didn't even think SEO could waitlist...

Pretty bad interview though.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 am

kurla88 wrote:WL-ed also.

Wtf, I didn't even think SEO could waitlist...

Pretty bad interview though.

Waitlisted with your stats.... time to renew my lease in Boston. On the subject of bad interviews, I didn't even know about the 2 week seminar. Guessing the only reason i didn't receive a reject was cuz I interviewed so early on the cycle.

And I woke up to my waitlist email. Fuck my life.

jubileeez

Postby jubileeez » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:22 am

Yesterday, I updated my application to reflect that i got into YLS, only to receive a waitlist decision a few hours later. My interviewer had told me they would not make a final decision until I committed to a school, since they've guaranteed their firms a certain number from HLS, YLS etc. So most likely most of us were WLed because we haven't submitted enrollment info yet. Don't worry!

crazy_zoologist

Postby crazy_zoologist » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:27 am

Waitlisted as well.

I am still waiting for a decision from YLS. :|

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:33 am

judging from the ppl who got the WL email, i actually think it's a good thing. my best friend got one, and he is most likely headed to Harvard, and had a great interview. it looks like all you'll need to do is send in a seat deposit receipt and you'll get your placement.

<-- super bummed but expected not to get one so, oh well

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:38 am

summertimechi wrote:judging from the ppl who got the WL email, i actually think it's a good thing. my best friend got one, and he is most likely headed to Harvard, and had a great interview. it looks like all you'll need to do is send in a seat deposit receipt and you'll get your placement.

The HYS people might be set, but I'm screwed.

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am

Kohinoor wrote:
summertimechi wrote:judging from the ppl who got the WL email, i actually think it's a good thing. my best friend got one, and he is most likely headed to Harvard, and had a great interview. it looks like all you'll need to do is send in a seat deposit receipt and you'll get your placement.

The HYS people might be set, but I'm screwed.

meh, at least SEO talks to you. I'm not even worth the effort. :P

Return to “Legal Employment”