SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder who is going to let people know the status of their applications first, Stanford or SEO


Stanford. FYI, they are waiting for a few schools to release decisions. That's also delaying the process.


Any idea which schools?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:10 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement recently? Follow-up interviews or offers?


Seems like there was a big influx of follow-up requests last week. One guy said he got a rejection notification.

But other than that, nothing. :cry:


I got my rejection email last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement recently? Follow-up interviews or offers?


Seems like there was a big influx of follow-up requests last week. One guy said he got a rejection notification.

But other than that, nothing. :cry:


I got my rejection email last week.



Are you the same one as the person quoted above who got the rejection notification?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement recently? Follow-up interviews or offers?


Seems like there was a big influx of follow-up requests last week. One guy said he got a rejection notification.

But other than that, nothing. :cry:


I got my rejection email last week.



Are you the same one as the person quoted above who got the rejection notification?


Nope.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 pm

So at least two people have been rejected already. Anyone rejected post follow-up interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I wonder who is going to let people know the status of their applications first, Stanford or SEO


Stanford. FYI, they are waiting for a few schools to release decisions. That's also delaying the process.


Any idea which schools?


Well, Stanford for one. :lol: j/k

HYS is still holding off on a large group of URM decisions. Not sure about any other schools.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Guchster » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:for the follow up/skype calls, should we treat it in preparation terms just as the interview? (professional attire, resume on hand. etc)

my schedule is all kinds of busy this week and may have to Skype from campus, not really trying to dress up for a whole day if i don't need to


Treat this as a srs bsns interview. You don't need to dress up your bottom half, only the part on camera. I'd have my resume on hand in case they reference it and ask you to follow along. Better safe than sorry.

This second skype interview is going to be what tips you one way or the other. So you better bring your A-game.

In general it probably won't be as intense as the one in person.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Guchster wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:for the follow up/skype calls, should we treat it in preparation terms just as the interview? (professional attire, resume on hand. etc)

my schedule is all kinds of busy this week and may have to Skype from campus, not really trying to dress up for a whole day if i don't need to


Treat this as a srs bsns interview. You don't need to dress up your bottom half, only the part on camera. I'd have my resume on hand in case they reference it and ask you to follow along. Better safe than sorry.

This second skype interview is going to be what tips you one way or the other. So you better bring your A-game.

In general it probably won't be as intense as the one in person.


Is this really true? I figured the purpose of this interview is to follow-up and see what schools you plan to commit to. Does your performance really make a big difference?

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby AS33 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Guchster wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:for the follow up/skype calls, should we treat it in preparation terms just as the interview? (professional attire, resume on hand. etc)

my schedule is all kinds of busy this week and may have to Skype from campus, not really trying to dress up for a whole day if i don't need to


Treat this as a srs bsns interview. You don't need to dress up your bottom half, only the part on camera. I'd have my resume on hand in case they reference it and ask you to follow along. Better safe than sorry.

This second skype interview is going to be what tips you one way or the other. So you better bring your A-game.

In general it probably won't be as intense as the one in person.


Is this really true? I figured the purpose of this interview is to follow-up and see what schools you plan to commit to. Does your performance really make a big difference?


I think only SEO staff can answer this, the rest is speculation. Either way though, I think it's important to always bring your A game and want to do your best no matter the situation.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Guchster » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:59 pm

AS33 wrote:I think only SEO staff can answer this, the rest is speculation. Either way though, I think it's important to always bring your A game and want to do your best no matter the situation.


Credited. They want a second look, for whatever reason.

As with most things this summer, you should assume every little thing you do is being judged. Doesn't mean your actions always will, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Can any SEO alums speak to the time commitment on evenings and weekends? After my interview, I left with the impression that there are firm/SEO events on weekends and that we will be expected to attend all of them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Can any SEO alums speak to the time commitment on evenings and weekends? After my interview, I left with the impression that there are firm/SEO events on weekends and that we will be expected to attend all of them.


It's not that much. You will have plenty of downtime to get in all kinds of debauchery during the nights and weekends. CLI isn't all that much of a time commitment truth be told, but then again, I didn't exactly "read" the cases every night. The firm receptions vary in time but they aren't like every night or anything. This also depends which city you are in, NYC has more events than the other markets (at least when I did SEO) because there were more SEO firms there.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:23 pm

So what exactly is considered late April?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So what exactly is considered late April?


+1 :)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:30 pm

LOL. Next week. I am expecting the first round of decisions to drop late next week. If they don't, they are beyond trippin. They are playing with our emotions.

As of next Wednesday, we will have less than 30 days to find housing and relocate for the summer. This is pretty shabby.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:LOL. Next week. I am expecting the first round of decisions to drop late next week. If they don't, they are beyond trippin. They are playing with our emotions.

As of next Wednesday, we will have less than 30 days to find housing and relocate for the summer. This is pretty shabby.



Not to mention that you usually find out about your exact firm placement after you find out you're in, so you might know that you'll be in NY, DC, etc.. But you won't even know what area of the city you'll be in. Unless all the firms are generally within the same area, any alums that can speak to that?

lndixon
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby lndixon » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I am expecting the first round of decisions to drop late next week.


Great- my birthday is Thursday. This will either be the best birthday ever or the exact opposite. -_______-

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:46 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I am expecting the first round of decisions to drop late next week.


Great- my birthday is Thursday. This will either be the best birthday ever or the exact opposite. -_______-



Let hope it'll be a good one. I hope we hear from them soon! Whether it be more rounds of follow-up interviews or offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I am expecting the first round of decisions to drop late next week.


Great- my birthday is Thursday. This will either be the best birthday ever or the exact opposite. -_______-



Let hope it'll be a good one. I hope we hear from them soon! Whether it be more rounds of follow-up interviews or offers.



There have been follow-ups throughout this week.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby hyakku » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can any SEO alums speak to the time commitment on evenings and weekends? After my interview, I left with the impression that there are firm/SEO events on weekends and that we will be expected to attend all of them.


It's not that much. You will have plenty of downtime to get in all kinds of debauchery during the nights and weekends. CLI isn't all that much of a time commitment truth be told, but then again, I didn't exactly "read" the cases every night. The firm receptions vary in time but they aren't like every night or anything. This also depends which city you are in, NYC has more events than the other markets (at least when I did SEO) because there were more SEO firms there.


Nice, thanks for this. I'm also wondering if any alums interned near where they lived and if they still bought housing or just commuted? This could determine my final choice spot if I'm fortunate enough to be selected.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Oh SEO why why why why why. Won't you just tell me if I'm in or not so I may go on with my life?!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Oh SEO why why why why why. Won't you just tell me if I'm in or not so I may go on with my life?!



Be careful, lest you disturb one of the grumpies that have preceded by showing dismay at any sign of anxiousness/excitement/downright-ants-in-your-pants emotions.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:38 pm

For those who have had follow up interviews this past week were they like the original interview or was it more casual? What should we expect?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Do they send confirmation emails to let us know that they received a copy of our seat deposit?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:36 am

No.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.