SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone tried calling to check the status of your app (if they received your transcript, etc.)?

Ive emailed them but they havent responded

I called my interviewer in early March to check on the status of my app

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:has anyone tried calling to check the status of your app (if they received your transcript, etc.)?

Ive emailed them but they havent responded

I emailed them Tuesday asking if they'd received my supplemental info and they emailed back on Wednesday. :)

salsahips

Postby salsahips » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 am

AS33 wrote:I said this earlier, but my interviewer said the same thing to me - that they would start making offers later in April.

+1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:57 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:39 pm

salsahips wrote:
AS33 wrote:I said this earlier, but my interviewer said the same thing to me - that they would start making offers later in April.

+1

+2. My interviewer also seemed to indicate they aren't quite ready to send out decisions.

kuddlykoala

Postby kuddlykoala » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:45 am

Applied in 1/30.

Never got invited for an interview. Guess I'm not being considered. :(

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:47 am

kuddlykoala wrote:Applied in 1/30.

+1... But shouldn't they notify us?

salsahips

Postby salsahips » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:38 pm

sdphill wrote:
kuddlykoala wrote:Applied in 1/30.

+1... But shouldn't they notify us?

At this point, I would say at least e-mail them, and explain your situation -- especially if you're actually putting off other summer opportunities to wait for an SEO response.

kuddlykoala

Postby kuddlykoala » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Cool. Thanks for advice. Definitely will!

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:57 pm

kuddlykoala wrote:Cool. Thanks for advice. Definitely will!

What email are you using?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 am

So have most people not sent in a deposit yet? I feel like a lot of people are still waiting for financial aid in general, and decisions from T3...getting nervous

Postby 1212 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:So have most people not sent in a deposit yet? I feel like a lot of people are still waiting for financial aid in general, and decisions from T3...getting nervous

That's a really great point. Maybe part of what is holding up decisions is a lot of people haven't sent in their seat deposit receipts.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:10 pm

I just received a follow-up skype interview request, I'll be interviewing tomorrow. Does anyone know what this indicates?? I'm sure it means they are still interested, I'm wondering how indicative the request is that I will ultimately be accepted. Any alums that can clarify this a bit??

Also, what types of questions should I expect?? Should I just go in prepared with the same questions/responses from my original in-person interview, or is there a different focus for the follow up?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just received a follow-up skype interview request, I'll be interviewing tomorrow. Does anyone know what this indicates?? I'm sure it means they are still interested, I'm wondering how indicative the request is that I will ultimately be accepted. Any alums that can clarify this a bit??

Also, what types of questions should I expect?? Should I just go in prepared with the same questions/responses from my original in-person interview, or is there a different focus for the follow up?

Did you have an initial interview recently? I think from last year, many people who received a second round of interview request got offers later. Was this follow-up request via email?

I'm wondering how they're going thru the post-interview candidates.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just received a follow-up skype interview request, I'll be interviewing tomorrow. Does anyone know what this indicates?? I'm sure it means they are still interested, I'm wondering how indicative the request is that I will ultimately be accepted. Any alums that can clarify this a bit??

Did you have an initial interview recently? I think from last year, many people who received a second round of interview request got offers later.

No, my initial in-person interview was in mid-February. Any info on the actual questions asked? It's looking like I'm going to have to mine the previous years' threads, I was hopping someone could spare me some of that trouble??

And yes, the request was through e-mail.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Did you have an initial interview recently? I think from last year, many people who received a second round of interview request got offers later.

No, my initial in-person interview was in mid-February. Any info on the actual questions asked? It's looking like I'm going to have to mine the previous years' threads, I was hopping someone could spare me some of that trouble??

Basic questions as the initial round. Just less stress-interview like.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Basic questions as the initial round. Just less stress-interview like.

So I imagine there is no case study for the follow-up?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Judging from past years discussion, there's no additional case study questions for follow-up interviews. General behavioural questions. Was the person who requested a follow-up interview the same as your initial interviewer?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Judging from past years discussion, there's no additional case study questions for follow-up interviews. General behavioural questions. Was the person who requested a follow-up interview the same as your initial interviewer?

No, the follow-up requester seems to be higher up in the food chain.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Have the people that have gotten second round interviews submitted all of their documents (LOR, transcript and seat deposit)?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have the people that have gotten second round interviews submitted all of their documents (LOR, transcript and seat deposit)?

yezzir

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have the people that have gotten second round interviews submitted all of their documents (LOR, transcript and seat deposit)?

yezzir

School range? Top 6?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Anyone who interviewed in March get a follow-up interview request yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

yezzir

School range? Top 6?

Top 20

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

I got my actual offer after I submitted all of the supporting documents. The 2nd Round Interview was more of a brief, but focused conversation.

Return to “Legal Employment”