SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:01 pm

1212 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
1212 wrote:Dear SEO,

Please get a move on.

Thanks!



Did you interview? Wonder when they'll start making offers.


I did. I was in that first round of interview invites back in December! So I've sent in all my supporting documents. While I would love an offer, I feel like they are just behind the curve generally in terms of returning emails, sending confirmation that they received documents, etc. I think I'm just getting antsy though. I want to make summer plans!!!


.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 pm

Anyone got any news about this from SEO? I haven't yet sent in my enrollment form since I haven't paid for my deposit but know where I'm going. Wondering if I should shoot a quick email maybe noting this, but it seems like no one has seen any movement yet so I guess I'll wait.

User avatar
salsahips
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby salsahips » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone got any news about this from SEO? I haven't yet sent in my enrollment form since I haven't paid for my deposit but know where I'm going. Wondering if I should shoot a quick email maybe noting this, but it seems like no one has seen any movement yet so I guess I'll wait.



Probably wouldn't do much good to tell them where you're going. To them it's 'pic or it didn't happen.' They need to be able to prove to the prospective firms that you are going to X law school.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Does anyone know how much interns make for the summer? I know that it's somewhere in these 102 pages, but I couldn't seem to find it again...

Also, for your alums, was the salary liveable in NYC/DC? If so, were you maybe able to even save a bit of money from the summer??

Thanks!

callmepuck
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby callmepuck » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 pm

SEO why do you toy with my emotions and make me wait this long to know if you want me or not.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:15 pm

If I got into GULC, got waitlisted at 1 T6 and haven't heard from two other T6, at what point is it worth it to deposit GULC so I don't miss out on SEO waiting for replies that will probably be negative?

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mcdeeremitch » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is it safe to assume that if we haven't received an interview request by now that we're probably out of the running?


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I got into GULC, got waitlisted at 1 T6 and haven't heard from two other T6, at what point is it worth it to deposit GULC so I don't miss out on SEO waiting for replies that will probably be negative?



SEO seems to be on a different schedule this year. Everything seems pushed back a couple of weeks. I would wait for a few more weeks (maybe mid-April).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm

How long did it take for your recommendation to be updated on ApplyYourself?

My recommender sent it in twice (once recently), and it still isn't showing up. I'm really starting to get worried.

Where should I go from here?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I got into GULC, got waitlisted at 1 T6 and haven't heard from two other T6, at what point is it worth it to deposit GULC so I don't miss out on SEO waiting for replies that will probably be negative?


I would never deposit just to do SEO. I did it and absolutely loved it but it's an internship and you are talking about what school you are going to attend and possibly lots and lots of debt. Making the best decision as far as your debt situation and school is more important than getting SEO.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How long did it take for your recommendation to be updated on ApplyYourself?

My recommender sent it in twice (once recently), and it still isn't showing up. I'm really starting to get worried.

Where should I go from here?


I'm having a similar problem. My recommender sent the letter and SEO is still claiming they didn't receive it. Guess I'll ask them to re-send but, kind of odd. SEO was not responsive when I tried to call/e-mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long did it take for your recommendation to be updated on ApplyYourself?

My recommender sent it in twice (once recently), and it still isn't showing up. I'm really starting to get worried.

Where should I go from here?


I'm having a similar problem. My recommender sent the letter and SEO is still claiming they didn't receive it. Guess I'll ask them to re-send but, kind of odd. SEO was not responsive when I tried to call/e-mail.



I'll try emailing them again, but maybe they are behind this year?

I haven't heard of any offers going out, so it's possible that they are (or I just have no idea what the usual timeline is)

User avatar
salsahips
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:53 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby salsahips » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How long did it take for your recommendation to be updated on ApplyYourself?

My recommender sent it in twice (once recently), and it still isn't showing up. I'm really starting to get worried.

Where should I go from here?


I'm having a similar problem. My recommender sent the letter and SEO is still claiming they didn't receive it. Guess I'll ask them to re-send but, kind of odd. SEO was not responsive when I tried to call/e-mail.



I'll try emailing them again, but maybe they are behind this year?

I haven't heard of any offers going out, so it's possible that they are (or I just have no idea what the usual timeline is)


Going through last year's thread there seemed to be follow up interviews popping up around mid to late March. March 29 was the first bunch of acceptances with around 3-4 and there was a total of 8 by a week later (April 7), 11 by April 9. Since we haven't heard anything about follow ups I think there may be some truth to SEO's decisions being rendered a little later this year, but a round of decisions tomorrow could put that to rest.

All the info for last year's cycle starts around pg 82 (March 09, 2011).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:22 pm

They are running behind this year. They are a bit shorter staffed than they were this time last year. There have been a couple of offers in DC and a few follow-up interviews. We will start seeing acceptances during the first two weeks of April. Sit tight, there will be news soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Have you guys all enrollled already? How late can you enroll while still having a shot at this? I pretty much know where I want to go but I want to hold out so I can negotiate for more scholly money

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:32 pm

errrr.... Do you have the other offers you'd like to use to negotiate cash now? If so, there's no time like today. If not, what's the hold up?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:errrr.... Do you have the other offers you'd like to use to negotiate cash now? If so, there's no time like today. If not, what's the hold up?


No, I have one large offer at my top choice, and I'm waiting for the other schools to try to match it so I can get my top choice to up their offer. But for those other schools I have to wait for their second round which is beginning of April

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:errrr.... Do you have the other offers you'd like to use to negotiate cash now? If so, there's no time like today. If not, what's the hold up?


No, I have one large offer at my top choice, and I'm waiting for the other schools to try to match it so I can get my top choice to up their offer. But for those other schools I have to wait for their second round which is beginning of April


Are the schools you're looking to match ranked higher than your top choice? If so, I doubt they'll match. And if they're ranked lower and match, why would your top choice up their offer?

Unless I'm missing something here, I think your best bet is to have an honest conversation with the person you've developed the best relationship with in admissions/finaid. I was able to get additional merit aid last year without another offer. I just don't see what the incentive is for them to compete with another school unless you have MORE money from a peer or higher ranked school...

Just my thoughts. And yes, I've enrolled.

ETA: All the above is assuming we're talking T-14 and maybe T-30... not sure the ranking really means anything for negotiating beyond that.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:errrr.... Do you have the other offers you'd like to use to negotiate cash now? If so, there's no time like today. If not, what's the hold up?


No, I have one large offer at my top choice, and I'm waiting for the other schools to try to match it so I can get my top choice to up their offer. But for those other schools I have to wait for their second round which is beginning of April


Are the schools you're looking to match ranked higher than your top choice? If so, I doubt they'll match. And if they're ranked lower and match, why would your top choice up their offer?

Unless I'm missing something here, I think your best bet is to have an honest conversation with the person you've developed the best relationship with in admissions/finaid. I was able to get additional merit aid last year without another offer. I just don't see what the incentive is for them to compete with another school unless you have MORE money from a peer or higher ranked school...

Just my thoughts. And yes, I've enrolled.

ETA: All the above is assuming we're talking T-14 and maybe T-30... not sure the ranking really means anything for negotiating beyond that.


Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:errrr.... Do you have the other offers you'd like to use to negotiate cash now? If so, there's no time like today. If not, what's the hold up?


No, I have one large offer at my top choice, and I'm waiting for the other schools to try to match it so I can get my top choice to up their offer. But for those other schools I have to wait for their second round which is beginning of April


Are the schools you're looking to match ranked higher than your top choice? If so, I doubt they'll match. And if they're ranked lower and match, why would your top choice up their offer?

Unless I'm missing something here, I think your best bet is to have an honest conversation with the person you've developed the best relationship with in admissions/finaid. I was able to get additional merit aid last year without another offer. I just don't see what the incentive is for them to compete with another school unless you have MORE money from a peer or higher ranked school...

Just my thoughts. And yes, I've enrolled.

ETA: All the above is assuming we're talking T-14 and maybe T-30... not sure the ranking really means anything for negotiating beyond that.


One is an exact peer, another is ranked higher. All T14s. But thanks that's a good idea, I'm going to see if I can talk to finaid. I wish you weren't anonymous so I can ask you what you did lol.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Sent in my enrollment and seat deposit last night.. I hope the expanded class has a slot for me!

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Elric » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 am

I'm still waiting to hear from SEO period. I submitted in Feb, and my status still reads "submitted." Earlier this month I did get a notice saying I was under review, but since then absolutely nothing...
Should I just give up hope at this point?

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby sdphill » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Elric wrote:I'm still waiting to hear from SEO period. I submitted in Feb, and my status still reads "submitted." Earlier this month I did get a notice saying I was under review, but since then absolutely nothing...
Should I just give up hope at this point?


Me too
Last edited by sdphill on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby cutecarmel » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:36 am

Elric wrote:I'm still waiting to hear from SEO period. I submitted in Feb, and my status still reads "submitted." Earlier this month I did get a notice saying I was under review, but since then absolutely nothing...
Should I just give up hope at this point?


I have. I'm looking for summer employment. Initially when I applied in December, I thought I had a good chance, but after 4 months without even an interview, I'm not hopeful.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I got into GULC, got waitlisted at 1 T7 and haven't heard from two other T7, at what point is it worth it to deposit GULC so I don't miss out on SEO waiting for replies that will probably be negative?


I would never deposit just to do SEO. I did it and absolutely loved it but it's an internship and you are talking about what school you are going to attend and possibly lots and lots of ponies. Making the best decision as far as your ponies situation and school is more important than getting SEO.



This. Make sure you're pretty set on your choice seeing as how most, if not all, deposits are non-refundable.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273311
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If I got into GULC, got waitlisted at 1 T7 and haven't heard from two other T7, at what point is it worth it to deposit GULC so I don't miss out on SEO waiting for replies that will probably be negative?


I would never deposit just to do SEO. I did it and absolutely loved it but it's an internship and you are talking about what school you are going to attend and possibly lots and lots of ponies. Making the best decision as far as your ponies situation and school is more important than getting SEO.



This. Make sure you're pretty set on your choice seeing as how most, if not all, deposits are non-refundable.


I don't know. I did SEO and I paid a deposit at a school even though I was waiting for a couple of higher ranked schools. I ended up getting SEO then updated that information to the higher ranked schools and got in those and then deposited and attended one of the higher ranked schools. Maybe it's just me but a few hundred dollars is a small price to pay to have a better shot at SEO (and have something else to send to schools I was still under consideration at).




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.