Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:errrr.... Do you have the other offers you'd like to use to negotiate cash now? If so, there's no time like today. If not, what's the hold up?
No, I have one large offer at my top choice, and I'm waiting for the other schools to try to match it so I can get my top choice to up their offer. But for those other schools I have to wait for their second round which is beginning of April
Are the schools you're looking to match ranked higher than your top choice? If so, I doubt they'll match. And if they're ranked lower and match, why would your top choice up their offer?
Unless I'm missing something here, I think your best bet is to have an honest conversation with the person you've developed the best relationship with in admissions/finaid. I was able to get additional merit aid last year without another offer. I just don't see what the incentive is for them to compete with another school unless you have MORE money from a peer or higher ranked school...
Just my thoughts. And yes, I've enrolled.
ETA: All the above is assuming we're talking T-14 and maybe T-30... not sure the ranking really means anything for negotiating beyond that.