SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:A couple of questions.

1) For those do ended up doing a Skype interview, how did the case study portion play out? Did they just read the case to you, or did they send it to you right before or during the interview. Additionally, A silly question. I expect the interviewer will have your resume already, but are you expected to mail them a printed copy. I'm not very used to a virtual interview.


2) Those those candidates who interviewed around late Feb/early March last year, anyone know the turn around time?



+ 1. Did people have to send in anything before hand for their Skype interview? Anyone have to do a second interview yet?


They just explain the case to you via Skype.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:21 pm

lndixon wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:No one freak out about acceptances to the program. I was just told only 2 people have been admitted so far and both had special circumstances for why they received them this early.


Oh my goodness thank you for posting this!! This makes me feel so much better! :)


+1

User avatar
JAJAcinco
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby JAJAcinco » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 pm

same here...please share the love!

Mr. Somebody wrote:Hey could you please send me the rest as well? Or anyone else who I has them? Tyia!!!

JustE wrote:Here are the basics...
--LinkRemoved-- Check your inbox for the rest...

How to Prepare

-Know your resume! Anything that is listed on your resume may be asked. Don't list anything that isn't accurate. Review and think about what parts of it might be most relevant to SEO. This includes details about academic work, leadership experience, work history and community involvement.
-Do your SEO homework! Be ready to present an understanding of the SEO mission and talk about how having an internship at SEO is different for working directly for a firm, company or nonprofit.
-View the webinars for all the SEO program areas to learn more about these industries and the SEO internship. Click on Internship Areas, choose your first program choice, than click on the view webinar link.
-Participate in mock interview sessions with SEO alumni or through your campus career services if possible. Practice interviewing with people you know and trust. This should not be the first time that you are sitting in front of people presenting yourself. Even if you just practice with friends or family, it will help to make you less nervous when you are going through the real thing. :P
-Reach out to SEO alumni on your campus (click here for a list of alumni contacts). Learn where they worked as an intern and what technical or industry skills they used on the job. Learn something from them about their experience not only as part of SEO, but as an employee of a partner organization.
-Have a clear understanding of the industry you are applying for and why it is a good fit for you. Industry information is available on our website, career sites such as http://www.vault.com, and in guides that should be available through your career services office.
-Review industry media: the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, the New York Times, other newspapers, websites, television shows, and magazines that address current events tied to your industry area of interest.
-Visit the websites of some of our partner corporations, law firms and foundations. You can get a sense for their missions, histories, new initiatives, organizational structure, divisions, key management and recent changes or announcements.
-Prepare at least two questions to ask the interviews that can help you build on what was covered in the interview or increase your knowledge of the internship experience.

ajudk8
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby ajudk8 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Ditto :) Would someone please pm me the questions and case study?

JAJAcinco wrote:same here...please share the love!

Mr. Somebody wrote:Hey could you please send me the rest as well? Or anyone else who I has them? Tyia!!!

JustE wrote:Here are the basics...
--LinkRemoved-- Check your inbox for the rest...

How to Prepare

-Know your resume! Anything that is listed on your resume may be asked. Don't list anything that isn't accurate. Review and think about what parts of it might be most relevant to SEO. This includes details about academic work, leadership experience, work history and community involvement.
-Do your SEO homework! Be ready to present an understanding of the SEO mission and talk about how having an internship at SEO is different for working directly for a firm, company or nonprofit.
-View the webinars for all the SEO program areas to learn more about these industries and the SEO internship. Click on Internship Areas, choose your first program choice, than click on the view webinar link.
-Participate in mock interview sessions with SEO alumni or through your campus career services if possible. Practice interviewing with people you know and trust. This should not be the first time that you are sitting in front of people presenting yourself. Even if you just practice with friends or family, it will help to make you less nervous when you are going through the real thing. :P
-Reach out to SEO alumni on your campus (click here for a list of alumni contacts). Learn where they worked as an intern and what technical or industry skills they used on the job. Learn something from them about their experience not only as part of SEO, but as an employee of a partner organization.
-Have a clear understanding of the industry you are applying for and why it is a good fit for you. Industry information is available on our website, career sites such as http://www.vault.com, and in guides that should be available through your career services office.
-Review industry media: the Wall Street Journal, Business Week, the New York Times, other newspapers, websites, television shows, and magazines that address current events tied to your industry area of interest.
-Visit the websites of some of our partner corporations, law firms and foundations. You can get a sense for their missions, histories, new initiatives, organizational structure, divisions, key management and recent changes or announcements.
-Prepare at least two questions to ask the interviews that can help you build on what was covered in the interview or increase your knowledge of the internship experience.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Elric » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:14 am

just posting to follow the thread. They sent me a little notification that I'm under review recently, and...well...here's hoping I make the cut!

lndixon
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:57 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby lndixon » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:45 pm

Has anybody else's status changed on the application site? Mine just says submitted 12/27. It changed a couple days ago to say the deadline has passed but nothing about the status. Should I just stop checking it and wait for an email?

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby AS33 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Are there any alumni on here willing to PM me about their experience as an intern??

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:44 am

AS33 wrote:Are there any alumni on here willing to PM me about their experience as an intern??



Do you have an interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 pm

Those who interviewed by Skype. How did it go logistically?

Is there a particular Skype username, say, SEO_Interviewer_007, that your interviewer used? Did your interview last the whole 30 minutes, and did you send anything to your interview before hand?

User avatar
Cookie2
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Cookie2 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
AS33 wrote:Are there any alumni on here willing to PM me about their experience as an intern??



Do you have an interview?


I already had my interview but would love to here about any alumni experiences at their internships. If someone could pm my it would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:28 pm

How do we know if SEO has received our official transcript?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Did anyone receive an email confirmation after sending in their deposit? I sent in mine as an email attachment and received an out of office notice several days later...?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:Those who interviewed by Skype. How did it go logistically?

Is there a particular Skype username, say, SEO_Interviewer_007, that your interviewer used? Did your interview last the whole 30 minutes, and did you send anything to your interview before hand?


+1

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Anyone know the processing time for recommendations?

My recommender sent it out last week, but I haven't seen the site update yet.

Will it be around 1-2 weeks similar to LSAC?

User avatar
mcenteno
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby mcenteno » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gotten an offer yet?


+1

azntwice
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby azntwice » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm an alum of the program now at CLS. PM me if you have questions.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm

So is it safe to assume that if we haven't received an interview request by now that we're probably out of the running?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:45 am

Anybody know the internship start and end date for this summer?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby JustE » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody know the internship start and end date for this summer?


Everything's on the website. Just google SEO Corporate Law and check the site for the approximate dates.

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby AS33 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:27 am

I think its like mid May to early August, but not sure.

User avatar
Doritos
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Doritos » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:53 am

AS33 wrote:I think its like mid May to early August, but not sure.


End of May to late July

AS33
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby AS33 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Or that

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 1212 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Dear SEO,

Please get a move on.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273139
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:47 pm

1212 wrote:Dear SEO,

Please get a move on.

Thanks!



Did you interview? Wonder when they'll start making offers.

User avatar
1212
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 1212 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
1212 wrote:Dear SEO,

Please get a move on.

Thanks!



Did you interview? Wonder when they'll start making offers.


I did. I was in that first round of interview invites back in December! So I've sent in all my supporting documents. While I would love an offer, I feel like they are just behind the curve generally in terms of returning emails, sending confirmation that they received documents, etc. I think I'm just getting antsy though. I want to make summer plans!!!




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.