SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lndixon

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby lndixon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:47 pm

parebare23 wrote:What do you need to bring to the interview? Is a LOR required for the interview??

Are you serious? They say it everywhere. Even when you first apply. You only need a LOR if you're selected for an interview. So, yes, you need one by the time you're interviewing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

lndixon wrote:
parebare23 wrote:What do you need to bring to the interview? Is a LOR required for the interview??

Are you serious? They say it everywhere. Even when you first apply. You only need a LOR if you're selected for an interview. So, yes, you need one by the time you're interviewing.

Not sure that you need it by the time that you are interviewing. My understanding is that you will need it in order for your file to go complete. Also, make sure to update your transcripts

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

Does SEO notify you if you don't make the initial cut (re interview invite)?

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:18 am

lndixon wrote:

No. You don't need it before the interview, just as soon as possible after you are granted the interview. You won't receive a position without your interview on file.

"If you are selected for an in-person interview we will request one recommendation from a faculty member or employer. You are not required to submit a recommendation as part of your application unless you are invited to interview. Recommendations should be submitted electronically through our online application system. The recommendation is due as soon as possible after you are invited to interview. We must have your recommendation form on file in order to make a final decision on your candidacy."

parebare23

Postby parebare23 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:15 pm

cutecarmel wrote:
lndixon wrote:

No. You don't need it before the interview, just as soon as possible after you are granted the interview. You won't receive a position without your interview on file.

"If you are selected for an in-person interview we will request one recommendation from a faculty member or employer. You are not required to submit a recommendation as part of your application unless you are invited to interview. Recommendations should be submitted electronically through our online application system. The recommendation is due as soon as possible after you are invited to interview. We must have your recommendation form on file in order to make a final decision on your candidacy."

Thanks, had my interview this morning. Praying for the best!

Mr. Somebody

Postby Mr. Somebody » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 pm

I applied just before the 2/1 deadline for round 4 and haven't heard yet. What's the usual turnaround after submission for hearing back

cutecarmel

Postby cutecarmel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm

The process depends on each applicant so there is no "usual" turnaround. While I (and some others) have applied in December and still haven't heard anything back, some people applied later and have already had their interview.

Mr. Somebody wrote:I applied just before the 2/1 deadline for round 4 and haven't heard yet. What's the usual turnaround after submission for hearing back

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:17 pm

If you haven't been invited for an interview yet, don't keep your hopes up -- they generally give out offers in March through early April :(

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't been invited for an interview yet, don't keep your hopes up -- they generally give out offers in March through early April :(

Many of the people who have not been invited for an interview yet have T10 acceptances. Last year they were trying pretty hard to recruit more people, it seems strange that they would pass up these candidates without even an interview...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If you haven't been invited for an interview yet, don't keep your hopes up -- they generally give out offers in March through early April :(

Many of the people who have not been invited for an interview yet have T10 acceptances. Last year they were trying pretty hard to recruit more people, it seems strange that they would pass up these candidates without even an interview...

I have several T6 acceptances. Still not a word from them. Applied in early winter.

drizzle12

Postby drizzle12 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

I wouldn't say that people should be worried if they haven't interviewed. I got a text message from them today saying they extended the deadline to Mon. Feb 20th. I don't think they would extend the deadline if they were done interviewing people and admitting them to the program.

Did anybody else get this text? I already applied so I don't know why they sent it to me unless they send it to everyone.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I have several T6 acceptances. Still not a word from them. Applied in early winter.

Same here

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm

I know SEO has included non-URM minorities (e.g., asians, indians, etc.) in the past cycles. But for this particular cycle, has any non-URM minority gotten an interview invite yet?

Postby 1212 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:25 am

Had my interview this morning! :D

Pro tip: "We won't make a decision until we have received your proof of enrollment. A lot of people send those in in April, so if you can send it in earlier than that, you will place yourself in a more competitive position." -SEO interviewer.

Good luck, friends!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:47 am

1212 wrote:Had my interview this morning! :D

Pro tip: "We won't make a decision until we have received your proof of enrollment. A lot of people send those in in April, so if you can send it in earlier than that, you will place yourself in a more competitive position." -SEO interviewer.

Good luck, friends!!

Any other interview tips

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:35 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know SEO has included non-URM minorities (e.g., asians, indians, etc.) in the past cycles. But for this particular cycle, has any non-URM minority gotten an interview invite yet?

+1 I would like to know the answer to this a well.

Postby 1212 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck, friends!!

Any other interview tips

Nothing beyond what's been mentioned on the thread already. All of which was helpful (research 2-3 patrner firms in the area you want to practice, prepare for standard interview questions, have a clear idea of why you want to be a lawyer and why you're applying to SEO, dress apporpiately).

GL!

lndixon

Postby lndixon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:44 pm

1212 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Good luck, friends!!

Any other interview tips

Nothing beyond what's been mentioned on the thread already. All of which was helpful (research 2-3 patrner firms in the area you want to practice, prepare for standard interview questions, have a clear idea of why you want to be a lawyer and why you're applying to SEO, dress apporpiately).

GL!

Agreed. Literally just got back from my interview (drove to DC from Philly).

I think it went ok. They weren't too intense. I had one of the recruiters and a program alum interviewing me. They were pretty nice. Nothing like the stress interviews other posters mention. I also brought up some things that people mention on TLS and she basically laughed in my face and said to take everything on here with a grain of salt and that they have to go on here all the time to correct things and delete comments. Then she told me all about the annoying phone calls they get from confused applicants. So don't be one of those!

As far as advice, I'd agree with the above commenter. Just go in prepared. Definitely know some questions to ask. Be prepared to read an article and discuss it intelligently with them. Just don't do anything completely ridiculous and have smart answers. Basically, present yourself as a professional that can hold your own among lawyers. Also, the first thing they asked was what schools I've been accepted at, waitlisted at, and still waiting to hear back from so know those by heart.

Lastly, I brought my official transcript and LOR with me along with my resumes and they were fine with that.

Good luck to everyone that's still waiting!! :)

cmik801

Postby cmik801 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:10 am

Those of you who haven't received an interview yet, don't freak out. The cycle is long and they definitely interview people February-March and maybe even after that. I did SEO this past summer. Feel free to PM me for any questions. Good luck everyone. It really is an incredible program!

mcenteno

Postby mcenteno » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm

I applied mid-january and have yet to hear back about an interview. Any Jan applicants hear back from SEO for an interview? I'm a URM and admitted to a T10 so I hope my chances are good!! I could really use the experience and pay!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:20 am

tag

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Are Skype interviews the final step before SEO makes a decision? I'll call them soon to discuss this, but I'll be out of the country for most of March/all of April so I'm concerned that I won't be able to respond to them as quickly as they may want. Also don't know if I'll be able to skype where I'll be.

Postby 1212 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Are Skype interviews the final step before SEO makes a decision? I'll call them soon to discuss this, but I'll be out of the country for most of March/all of April so I'm concerned that I won't be able to respond to them as quickly as they may want. Also don't know if I'll be able to skype where I'll be.

You just have to submit your supplemental materials (official transcript, copy of deposit, and LOR). No follow up interview or anything.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:51 pm

According to previous years' threads, some people were asked to a follow-up interview via Skype. I believe it depends on who you had your initial interview with.

Postby 1212 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:According to previous years' threads, some people were asked to a follow-up interview via Skype. I believe it depends on who you had your initial interview with.

Stand corrected. Thanks!

Return to “Legal Employment”