SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Renne Walker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:33 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:I dont know about acceptances but I can confirm that there is some kind of movement going on.


Such as . . . ?

Does anyone know [or have an estimate] on the lead-in time for relocating to our destination?

User avatar
Fresh
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Fresh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:35 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:I dont know about acceptances but I can confirm that there is some kind of movement going on.


Such as . . . ?

Does anyone know [or have an estimate] on the lead-in time for relocating to our destination?


I have heard that internships usually begin in early June

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlaqBella » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Can anyone speak on how they define "recent graduates"? How far removed from college can an applicant be?

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby misterbingley » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:31 pm

BlaqBella wrote:Can anyone speak on how they define "recent graduates"? How far removed from college can an applicant be?


i just checked my seo acct and their website again. doesnt seem that they specify. i'm guessing they just want someone who after 3 years of law school is still young enough to withstand the grind that is biglaw-associate-life.

your best bet would just be to call or email them.

miracle2011
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby miracle2011 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Yesterday I got an invite for a follow up interview via skype and I still haven't picked a school yet.

Does anyone know what these skype follow up's usually entail?

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby misterbingley » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:09 pm

miracle2011 wrote:Yesterday I got an invite for a follow up interview via skype and I still haven't picked a school yet.

Does anyone know what these skype follow up's usually entail?


from what alumni have said, it's simply a shorter more casual in-person interview. prepare to answer the same kinds of questions, except this time, your interviewer will actually look at you instead of texting.

dkt4
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby dkt4 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:35 pm

what kind of questions did you guys get in interviews? i have mine in about a week.

jd20132013
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby jd20132013 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Question for alums: How did your earnings from the program affect your need-based financial aid for the 1L year?

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby rundoxierun » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:19 pm

jd20132013 wrote:Question for alums: How did your earnings from the program affect your need-based financial aid for the 1L year?


I dont think you need alums for this.
Stanford wrote:In determining tuition fellowship eligibility for all students, any earnings over $6,000
will require 57% of the amount over $6,000 as a resource.

Not sure what their base expected summer contribution is but 15k here would lead to an expected contribution from summer income of $5130

Harvards policy is slightly more complex but they have an online calculator at http://www.law.harvard.edu/apps/sfs/cal ... alculator/

At Harvard, Incoming students are given an expected summer contribution amount of $2500 whether they work or not. Just as an example, at Harvard 15k summer earnings in NYC would reduce grants by 4669-2500=$2169

UGAAlum02
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby UGAAlum02 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:33 pm

Whats the general consensus ITT for follow-up after interview: letter, email, or neither. Also, how many days did yall wait before sending?


sorry if this has already been discussed, I went through 20 pages and didnt see it

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby BlaqBella » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:02 am

misterbingley wrote:
BlaqBella wrote:Can anyone speak on how they define "recent graduates"? How far removed from college can an applicant be?


i just checked my seo acct and their website again. doesnt seem that they specify. i'm guessing they just want someone who after 3 years of law school is still young enough to withstand the grind that is biglaw-associate-life.

your best bet would just be to call or email them.


This is hopeful news. Thank you!

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby silly101 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 pm

um, dumb question probs

but is red/dark red nail polish okay? or just get rid of all nail polish

User avatar
ktg808
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby ktg808 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:41 pm

silly101 wrote:um, dumb question probs

but is red/dark red nail polish okay? or just get rid of all nail polish


get rid

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Renne Walker » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Three weeks have passed since my in-person interview. Still awaiting word about what is next. Is everyone, as they say, in the same boat?

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby trudat15 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 pm

Renne Walker wrote:Three weeks have passed since my in-person interview. Still awaiting word about what is next. Is everyone, as they say, in the same boat?


Same with me, but I'm under the impression some ppl have movement in follow up interviews.

cool of law
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby cool of law » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:40 pm

Apologies, but what is SEO Corporate Law?

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Renne Walker » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 pm

trudat15 wrote: Same with me, but I'm under the impression some ppl have movement in follow up interviews.


I thought those follow-up interview invites were sent erroneously. No/Yes?

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby misterbingley » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
trudat15 wrote: Same with me, but I'm under the impression some ppl have movement in follow up interviews.


I thought those follow-up interview invites were sent erroneously. No/Yes?


I'm in the same boat. But I do think that some people have received followup interviews after that first wave of erroneous followup invites.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby trudat15 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 pm

misterbingley wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:
trudat15 wrote: Same with me, but I'm under the impression some ppl have movement in follow up interviews.


I thought those follow-up interview invites were sent erroneously. No/Yes?


I'm in the same boat. But I do think that some people have received followup interviews after that first wave of erroneous followup invites.


Aside from the erroneous follow up email, there were a few of the mysterious - "I dont know about acceptances but I can confirm there is some movement.." posts - which sounds like follow up interviews but who knows (aside from the few who posted).

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby rundoxierun » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 pm

misterbingley wrote:
Renne Walker wrote:
trudat15 wrote: Same with me, but I'm under the impression some ppl have movement in follow up interviews.


I thought those follow-up interview invites were sent erroneously. No/Yes?


I'm in the same boat. But I do think that some people have received followup interviews after that first wave of erroneous followup invites.


Yes there were followups for some people. I will depositing this upcoming week so hopefully I will get a yay or nay within the next 3 weeks.

User avatar
Renne Walker
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:12 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Renne Walker » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:50 pm

tkgrrett wrote:Yes there were followups for some people. I will depositing this upcoming week so hopefully I will get a yay or nay within the next 3 weeks.


Followups for some people. . . you know this how?

Depositing this week . . what does that even mean?

Earlier you said something about "movement". . .it was so vauge I assumed you were a flamer. . . still think you are.

dc1s
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:54 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby dc1s » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:56 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Yes there were followups for some people. I will depositing this upcoming week so hopefully I will get a yay or nay within the next 3 weeks.


Followups for some people. . . you know this how?

Depositing this week . . what does that even mean?

Earlier you said something about "movement". . .it was so vauge I assumed you were a flamer. . . still think you are.


He probably means that he is giving his law school of choice his seat deposit, which means that SEO can now make a final decision on him. I don't know how he would know about followups though.

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:57 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Yes there were followups for some people. I will depositing this upcoming week so hopefully I will get a yay or nay within the next 3 weeks.


Followups for some people. . . you know this how?

Depositing this week . . what does that even mean?

Earlier you said something about "movement". . .it was so vauge I assumed you were a flamer. . . still think you are.


I think he is real. He normally has very informative posts. I just think most people aren't exactly sure what's going on right now.

User avatar
DorianGray89
Posts: 346
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby DorianGray89 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 am

I think people got scared after the post that said that SEO knows who we are and stopped posting about their movements on their applications, interviews, follow ups, etc.

yellowsubmarine55
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby yellowsubmarine55 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 am

DorianGray89 wrote:I think people got scared after the post that said that SEO knows who we are and stopped posting about their movements on their applications, interviews, follow ups, etc.


agreed. i haven't posted because there is nothing to report on my part. but i think the discussion from past cycles on this forum shows that there's nothing wrong with saying a person got the offer or not. sharing other details is up to that individual. i'll definitely post my status when i hear back.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.