SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
law_monkey

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 pm

I'll PM people with some details, but you honestly shouldn't worry. It wasn't the interviewer, or style, or questions, it was just my own mistakes.

pennyloafer17

Postby pennyloafer17 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:15 pm

PM me too please! I'm sure it's not as bad as you think:)

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:20 pm

law_monkey wrote:Soooo you all have one less competitor. Had my interview this morning, and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!!! I completely choked in the first 5 minutes, which btw has never happened to me in an interview before so I have no idea what happened. The last 25 minutes were fine, but I don't think there's any way they're going to let my rough beginning slide. On the other hand, don't freak out about the case part if you still have to interview because it's really easy. So anyway, I hope that all of you who get in have an AMAZING time!!!

could you send me a PM as well since I have an interview in the morning?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:44 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Soooo you all have one less competitor. Had my interview this morning, and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!!! I completely choked in the first 5 minutes, which btw has never happened to me in an interview before so I have no idea what happened. The last 25 minutes were fine, but I don't think there's any way they're going to let my rough beginning slide. On the other hand, don't freak out about the case part if you still have to interview because it's really easy. So anyway, I hope that all of you who get in have an AMAZING time!!!

Don't worry about it. Like I said, it was more me and not the actual interview, so you should be fine! Good luck!!!

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:42 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:

me too man lets kill this thing!

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:01 pm

I'm sure this question is answered on the app somewhere but...

case study? Is that something they present you when you get to the interview?

ktg808

Postby ktg808 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

jd20132013 wrote:I'm sure this question is answered on the app somewhere but...

case study? Is that something they present you when you get to the interview?

+ 1

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:13 am

Who did you guys have your recommender address your LOR to? "Dear SEO Law Program," ? Anyone know the address we are supposed to mail it to or can link me?

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:59 am

Knock wrote:Who did you guys have your recommender address your LOR to? "Dear SEO Law Program," ? Anyone know the address we are supposed to mail it to or can link me?

If you sign on to your application there's an online recommender thing you can fill out and the system will automatically email your recommender instructions to submit it online. Otherwise the mailing address is SEO Corporate Law Program, 55 Exchange Place, New York, NY 10005. Good luck on your interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:02 am

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:Who did you guys have your recommender address your LOR to? "Dear SEO Law Program," ? Anyone know the address we are supposed to mail it to or can link me?

If you sign on to your application there's an online recommender thing you can fill out and the system will automatically email your recommender instructions to submit it online. Otherwise the mailing address is SEO Corporate Law Program, 55 Exchange Place, New York, NY 10005. Good luck on your interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much lawmonkey, I owe you one! :mrgreen:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:03 am

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Thanks so much lawmonkey, I owe you one! :mrgreen:

In exchange for the tips I have given you, please get accepted into SEO so I can live vicariously through you. That will be much appreciated! Thanks!!! :mrgreen:

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:54 pm

law_monkey wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:

Don't worry about it. Like I said, it was more me and not the actual interview, so you should be fine! Good luck!!!

Ok, I am sure you did better than you thought Law_Monkey- I have faith in you!

I just had mine today and I am not feeling great but not feeling bad either. It was pretty straight forward and my interviewer was pretty chill. So, we shall see

Good Luck to everyone else!

misterbingley

Postby misterbingley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:56 pm

there seems to be such a large spat of interviews lately. i guess late jan/early feb slots were few in number? or maybe us cool feb kids are just more vocal about it

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

misterbingley wrote:there seems to be such a large spat of interviews lately. i guess late jan/early feb slots were few in number? or maybe us cool feb kids are just more vocal about it

Yeah I think a large number of us received our interview invites at the same time, so all the time slots would likely be around the same dates.

pennyloafer17

Postby pennyloafer17 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Does anyone know the exact dates for the internship? Or does it vary by firm? I the opportunity to do a three-week trip to Spain at the beginning of June but it sounds like it mike conflict with the internship if I do get it :/

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:57 pm

pennyloafer17 wrote:Does anyone know the exact dates for the internship? Or does it vary by firm? I the opportunity to do a three-week trip to Spain at the beginning of June but it sounds like it mike conflict with the internship if I do get it :/

It varies by firm. It is likely that the trip would interfere, in which case you have a decision to make.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Loved my interview. Went great and I actually went to school with one of my interviewers. They were two great people and it was so relaxed. We actually talked quite a bit about football. So glad I put so much time into prepping, definitely helped because none of the questions rattled me and I had a lot to talk about, for instance the firm I interviewed at recently strengthened their IP section with new hires and the interviewers seemed impressed that I knew that'd. I really hope I get this!

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:29 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:Loved my interview. Went great and I actually went to school with one of my interviewers. They were two great people and it was so relaxed. We actually talked quite a bit about football. So glad I put so much time into prepping, definitely helped because none of the questions rattled me and I had a lot to talk about, for instance the firm I interviewed at recently strengthened their IP section with new hires and the interviewers seemed impressed that I knew that. I really hope I get this!

Great for you! You interviewed at a firm? I assume you didn't interview in D.C.

no I didn't interview in D.C. and yes it was at a firm.

cmik801

Postby cmik801 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Last edited by cmik801 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:27 pm

cmik801 wrote:Does anyone know if the letter of recommendation and the transcript has to be on file by the time of the interview? I know we have the option of mailing or bringing out transcripts, but can they arrive after the interview takes place? Thanks!

They can arrive after the interview. Just try to get them in there as quickly as possible. Until your file is complete (as in law school) they refuse to make a decision.

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
cmik801 wrote:Does anyone know if the letter of recommendation and the transcript has to be on file by the time of the interview? I know we have the option of mailing or bringing out transcripts, but can they arrive after the interview takes place? Thanks!

They can arrive after the interview. Just try to get them in there as quickly as possible. Until your file is complete (as in law school) they refuse to make a decision.

Does anyone know how to check if they have successfully received your LOR and transcript?

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:00 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
Does anyone know how to check if they have successfully received your LOR and transcript?

also curious

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Legal Employment”