SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
MartianManhunter
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby MartianManhunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:23 pm

misterbingley wrote:anybody know how many hours seo interns are expected to work? are we supposed to stay until 9ish or can we go home at a reasonable hour?

or does this depend largely on the firm you get placed with?


Depends largely on the city, the firm, and the types of jobs you take on. I worked in DC and was in the office from about 8:00-5. However, I was also the victim of 2 hour lunches/mandatory trainings almost every day. About once or twice a week the firm would have after-hour events scheduled that you're expected to go to. Also factor the mandatory SEO firm receptions into your schedule. In DC there were a few in the morning, some in the afternoon, and (if I remember correctly) at least one in the evening. People in NY seemed to be able to get out of them, but smaller programs = more scrutiny.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Rand M. » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 pm

TLSNYC wrote:For those of you who interviewed, and in particular, for those of you who interviewed successfully in the past, did you send a thank you email following the interview to your interviewer?


Yes.

MartianManhunter wrote:Also factor the mandatory SEO firm receptions into your schedule. In DC there were a few in the morning, some in the afternoon, and (if I remember correctly) at least one in the evening. People in NY seemed to be able to get out of them, but smaller programs = more scrutiny.


This is easy to overlook, but should not be forgotten.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:So for my interview appointment, it doesn't give me an exact address. I need to book a hotel room, do I have to email them and ask them where the interview will be at?


I had to click on the little magnifying glass on the interview sign up page to find the address for mine. Have you tried that yet?


There we go! Thank you so much law monkey, you're a lifesaver :mrgreen:.


No prob! I was confused at first too.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 pm

MartianManhunter wrote:
Depends largely on the city, the firm, and the types of jobs you take on. I worked in DC and was in the office from about 8:00-5. However, I was also the victim of 2 hour lunches/mandatory trainings almost every day. About once or twice a week the firm would have after-hour events scheduled that you're expected to go to. Also factor the mandatory SEO firm receptions into your schedule. In DC there were a few in the morning, some in the afternoon, and (if I remember correctly) at least one in the evening. People in NY seemed to be able to get out of them, but smaller programs = more scrutiny.


Would you say that it's harder to get into the non-NYC programs since there are fewer spots? Or are there also fewer people with a preference for them?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:29 pm

I have my interview later this week. For those of you who have already had yours, is this type where you can kind of gauge how you do, or is it the kind where everybody feels like they absolutely suck?

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby silly101 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:02 pm

law_monkey wrote:
MartianManhunter wrote:
Depends largely on the city, the firm, and the types of jobs you take on. I worked in DC and was in the office from about 8:00-5. However, I was also the victim of 2 hour lunches/mandatory trainings almost every day. About once or twice a week the firm would have after-hour events scheduled that you're expected to go to. Also factor the mandatory SEO firm receptions into your schedule. In DC there were a few in the morning, some in the afternoon, and (if I remember correctly) at least one in the evening. People in NY seemed to be able to get out of them, but smaller programs = more scrutiny.


Would you say that it's harder to get into the non-NYC programs since there are fewer spots? Or are there also fewer people with a preference for them?


interested in this as well. kinda would like to do the Norcal one, but since its new & the only west coast, demand
will be high?

socraticmethodman
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby socraticmethodman » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 am

Has anyone received interview invites recently?

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Good luck with the interview law monkey! Where are you doing it?

2bOn2b
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby 2bOn2b » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:48 pm

law_monkey wrote:I have my interview later this week. For those of you who have already had yours, is this type where you can kind of gauge how you do, or is it the kind where everybody feels like they absolutely suck?


I felt pretty good about my interview. In general it was really straight forward. They seemed to really care about which law schools I had been accepted into. The standard why law/SEO and behavioral questions were fine. I got plenty of push-back and questioning during the case interview, though. Still, I am hopeful.

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:14 pm

2bOn2b wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I have my interview later this week. For those of you who have already had yours, is this type where you can kind of gauge how you do, or is it the kind where everybody feels like they absolutely suck?


I felt pretty good about my interview. In general it was really straight forward. They seemed to really care about which law schools I had been accepted into. The standard why law/SEO and behavioral questions were fine. I got plenty of push-back and questioning during the case interview, though. Still, I am hopeful.


Ok that's basically what I'm expecting. I am a little nervous for the case part though since I've never done one. We'll see though haha.

pennyloafer17 wrote:Good luck with the interview law monkey! Where are you doing it?


Thanks pennyloafer! Mine's in LA.

User avatar
pennyloafer17
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 am

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby pennyloafer17 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:25 pm

law_monkey wrote:
2bOn2b wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I have my interview later this week. For those of you who have already had yours, is this type where you can kind of gauge how you do, or is it the kind where everybody feels like they absolutely suck?


I felt pretty good about my interview. In general it was really straight forward. They seemed to really care about which law schools I had been accepted into. The standard why law/SEO and behavioral questions were fine. I got plenty of push-back and questioning during the case interview, though. Still, I am hopeful.


Ok that's basically what I'm expecting. I am a little nervous for the case part though since I've never done one. We'll see though haha.

pennyloafer17 wrote:Good luck with the interview law monkey! Where are you doing it?


Thanks pennyloafer! Mine's in LA.



I'm interviewing in LA too in a month! I'm sure you will do great. Let us know how it goes:) I'm most nervous for the case study too

silly101
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby silly101 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:30 pm

pennyloafer17 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
2bOn2b wrote:
law_monkey wrote:I have my interview later this week. For those of you who have already had yours, is this type where you can kind of gauge how you do, or is it the kind where everybody feels like they absolutely suck?


I felt pretty good about my interview. In general it was really straight forward. They seemed to really care about which law schools I had been accepted into. The standard why law/SEO and behavioral questions were fine. I got plenty of push-back and questioning during the case interview, though. Still, I am hopeful.


Ok that's basically what I'm expecting. I am a little nervous for the case part though since I've never done one. We'll see though haha.

pennyloafer17 wrote:Good luck with the interview law monkey! Where are you doing it?


Thanks pennyloafer! Mine's in LA.



I'm interviewing in LA too in a month! I'm sure you will do great. Let us know how it goes:) I'm most nervous for the case study too


in LA as well

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:36 pm

silly101 wrote:
pennyloafer17 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Thanks pennyloafer! Mine's in LA.



I'm interviewing in LA too in a month! I'm sure you will do great. Let us know how it goes:) I'm most nervous for the case study too


in LA as well


Awesome! I don't know if all the LA interviews are in the same place, but if so and you need directions to the building or anything I would be happy to help!

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby trudat15 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Just interviewed. Was pretty standard, but fumbled through some answers. Pissed about that, but what can you do. I really really really want this internship. I think I would be more excited at acceptance to this program than I was for my ED acceptance (I quietly thought I was a shoo-in at my school with ED based on prior year numbers).

Good luck to those interviewing.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:06 pm

.
Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby trudat15 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:25 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:Just interviewed. Was pretty standard, but fumbled through some answers. Pissed about that, but what can you do. I really really really want this internship. I think I would be more excited at acceptance to this program than I was for my ED acceptance (I quietly thought I was a shoo-in at my school with ED based on prior year numbers).

Good luck to those interviewing.


Good to hear you didn't feel overwhelmed...


I would say it depends on the interviewer, because I def talked to some alums who had much more of a "stress" interview than I did. Mine was pretty straight forward, like any job interview. The case study really isnt that big of a deal at all either.

HowdyYall
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby HowdyYall » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 pm

trudat15 wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:Just interviewed. Was pretty standard, but fumbled through some answers. Pissed about that, but what can you do. I really really really want this internship. I think I would be more excited at acceptance to this program than I was for my ED acceptance (I quietly thought I was a shoo-in at my school with ED based on prior year numbers).

Good luck to those interviewing.


Good to hear you didn't feel overwhelmed...


I would say it depends on the interviewer, because I def talked to some alums who had much more of a "stress" interview than I did. Mine was pretty straight forward, like any job interview. The case study really isnt that big of a deal at all either.


did they ask you anything specific about any of the firms or which you were interested in?

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby trudat15 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 pm

HowdyYall wrote:did they ask you anything specific about any of the firms or which you were interested in?


yes. For any questions, feel free to PM me. But yes, know a few firms and good reasons for wanting to be there.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby misterbingley » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Had my interview last week. For me, it's hard to gauge how well I did because my interviewers did not smile or even acknowledge the fact that I was talking other than to ask more questions when I stopped.

The behavioral questions were standard. I did not get any interruptions or push-back on my case study. I just sort of vomited out my thoughts, and they were like "Ok. It was nice meeting you."

...... :( ..........

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Soooo you all have one less competitor. Had my interview this morning, and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!!! I completely choked in the first 5 minutes, which btw has never happened to me in an interview before so I have no idea what happened. The last 25 minutes were fine, but I don't think there's any way they're going to let my rough beginning slide. On the other hand, don't freak out about the case part if you still have to interview because it's really easy. So anyway, I hope that all of you who get in have an AMAZING time!!!

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:08 pm

law_monkey wrote:Soooo you all have one less competitor. Had my interview this morning, and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!!! I completely choked in the first 5 minutes, which btw has never happened to me in an interview before so I have no idea what happened. The last 25 minutes were fine, but I don't think there's any way they're going to let my rough beginning slide. On the other hand, don't freak out about the case part if you still have to interview because it's really easy. So anyway, I hope that all of you who get in have an AMAZING time!!!


Don't worry Lawmonkey, with a NYU acceptance under your belt I think you still have an excellent shot! Do you mind sharing why it didn't go as well as you'd thought?

User avatar
law_monkey
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Soooo you all have one less competitor. Had my interview this morning, and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!!! I completely choked in the first 5 minutes, which btw has never happened to me in an interview before so I have no idea what happened. The last 25 minutes were fine, but I don't think there's any way they're going to let my rough beginning slide. On the other hand, don't freak out about the case part if you still have to interview because it's really easy. So anyway, I hope that all of you who get in have an AMAZING time!!!


Don't worry Lawmonkey, with a NYU acceptance under your belt I think you still have an excellent shot! Do you mind sharing why it didn't go as well as you'd thought?


I'll PM you.

User avatar
misterbingley
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby misterbingley » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Soooo you all have one less competitor. Had my interview this morning, and it was a COMPLETE DISASTER!!!! I completely choked in the first 5 minutes, which btw has never happened to me in an interview before so I have no idea what happened. The last 25 minutes were fine, but I don't think there's any way they're going to let my rough beginning slide. On the other hand, don't freak out about the case part if you still have to interview because it's really easy. So anyway, I hope that all of you who get in have an AMAZING time!!!


Don't worry Lawmonkey, with a NYU acceptance under your belt I think you still have an excellent shot! Do you mind sharing why it didn't go as well as you'd thought?


I'll PM you.


can i get this PM too? i dont think i did very well either and am looking to commiserate!

User avatar
Sinra
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Sinra » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:39 pm

x
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

tothePAIN
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby tothePAIN » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:43 pm

The PM would be appreciated here as well. I have an interview in SF on Saturday.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.