SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
0L09

New

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by 0L09 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks for the very helpful replies, meesawoosa and masterpinky0509!

It's definitely good to hear that there's only one round of interviews! Believe for Investment Banking, they typically do two. (a friend had to go through a phone interview as well as an in-person one for the IB program).

Have any of you received any communications or any contact from SEO since your interview? (not the decision, but maybe any type of contact at all, like requesting for further information etc.)

Have heard that the typical SEO banking interview is traditionally a bit tougher than the Corporate Law one (more stress-oriented), so maybe it's good news for us. ^_~

buxfactor

New

Post by buxfactor » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Does SEO take anyone OUTSIDE of the t-14? Perhaps t-25 candidates?

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I saw the numbers... looks daunting for non t-14ers.

meesawoosa

New

Post by meesawoosa » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 pm

buxfactor wrote:Does SEO take anyone OUTSIDE of the t-14? Perhaps t-25 candidates?

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I saw the numbers... looks daunting for non t-14ers.
earlier on in this thread, a poster had checked out the facebook groups for SEO corporate law, and in summer 08 there was one intern from george washington, and in summer 07 there was one intern from vandy and another from USC.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:27 pm

So, I went to schedule a Skype interview since I'm abroad, and it came up "NO AVAILABILITY DEFINED." Goddammit...

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:32 pm

How long did it take you guys after you sent in the app to receive your invite to interview? I just sent mine in a few days ago (kind of on the late side, damn procrastination) and am wondering when I might expect to hear back one way or the other. Also, do they let you know if you have not been selected to interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:34 pm

I applied Thursday evening and got an interview request last night.

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Nice. Did they email you or call you with the invite?

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:40 pm

One more question: does it hurt you if don't apply to any of their "partner firms?" I'm hoping not....

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:40 pm

Email, but I'm in Dubai.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

summertimechi

Bronze

Post by summertimechi » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:30 pm

jaen78 wrote:One more question: does it hurt you if don't apply to any of their "partner firms?" I'm hoping not....
the application to partner firms section is only for listing what schools you have applied to. nothing else is pertinent to the corporate law internship. it is for applicants to the other (business, finance, philanthropy, etc.) internships that SEO offers.

buxfactor

New

Post by buxfactor » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:01 pm

When does this program start/end?

is it 5/18 - 8/13?? Thanks

Sobriquet

New

Post by Sobriquet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:18 pm

I doubt it starts that early... I think on a previous thread, there was an orientation type event Memorial Day weekend? I'm willing to bet it doesn't start until at least then though...a lot of schools don't wrap up until late May.

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Q: If I am accepted to SEO when will my internship begin?

A: The SEO internship officially begins after the SEO Orientation, which is usually held over the Memorial Day weekend. Internships begin late May to Mid-June. Internships are usually ten weeks in duration ending in July or August.

Wow, that was so hard to read the FAQs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:23 pm

So I submitted my app last week and still no word....it seems like some of you got invites the day after applying. If its been over a week and I'm still invite-less, should I assume I just haven't been chosen? Or do they send confirmation that you have not been selected for an interview?

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:34 pm

you're in at Chicago, did you put that in the partner firm section? I can't imagine them passing you up for an interview if you're in at a T14

Sobriquet

New

Post by Sobriquet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 pm

If you look at past threads, some people didn't start until the first or second week of June - it seems like they are pretty flexible with graduation dates and such so if that's a concern for you, I wouldn't worry.

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:58 pm

legends159 wrote:you're in at Chicago, did you put that in the partner firm section? I can't imagine them passing you up for an interview if you're in at a T14
Was Chicago listed as a "partner firm?" I skipped that part b/c I thought it only applied to the business applicants. Maybe I should take another look....because so far, no interview invite.
Edit: I took another look and see what you mean. Yes, I even faxed them my Chicago acceptance letter. As a Colombian, maybe I just don't look Latin enough for their brochures so they don't want me :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:04 pm

jaen78 wrote:
legends159 wrote:you're in at Chicago, did you put that in the partner firm section? I can't imagine them passing you up for an interview if you're in at a T14
Was Chicago listed as a "partner firm?" I skipped that part b/c I thought it only applied to the business applicants. Maybe I should take another look....because so far, no interview invite.
Edit: I took another look and see what you mean. Yes, I even faxed them my Chicago acceptance letter. As a Colombian, maybe I just don't look Latin enough for their brochures so they don't want me :cry:
I highly doubt that was the reason. Call them and ask. But remember to do this when you call. Always start with "Good Morning/Afternoon. My name is ________ and this call is in regards to __________." Otherwise they will be mean to you. It's all part of their scare tactic.

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:21 pm

I just sent them an email b/c I couldn't find the phone number anywhere on their site. Does anyone have their number by chance?

meesawoosa

New

Post by meesawoosa » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:55 pm

jaen78 wrote:I just sent them an email b/c I couldn't find the phone number anywhere on their site. Does anyone have their number by chance?
if you go to their homepage, it's next to their office address at the bottom of the page: (212) 979-2040

keep in mind though this is just the general SEO line, and you may have to be transferred a couple times to get to the career program/corporate law internship specifically. hope that helps.

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Anyone going to Chicago this weekend?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:56 pm

I'll be in Chicago doing a tour of UC on Friday, but not for an SEO interview.

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Has anyone heard back that they DIDN'T get an interview yet?

Skadden Stairs

Bronze

Post by Skadden Stairs » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:59 pm

Oooo finally got my skype interview scheduled.

woot.

meesawoosa

New

Post by meesawoosa » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:46 pm

I got in!
Phone call this afternoon from my interviewer :) They're supposed to send me an e-mail with more details sometime this week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”