SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Fresh

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby Fresh » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Sinra wrote: Don't worry about it. Look at Fresh. He's been cleaning up this cycle and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't get an invite. I applied early Jan. You should be faxing them your acceptance info.

Thanks, jinxed ;)

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:07 pm

Fresh wrote:
Sinra wrote: Don't worry about it. Look at Fresh. He's been cleaning up this cycle and I'll eat my hat if he doesn't get an invite. I applied early Jan. You should be faxing them your acceptance info.

Thanks, jinxed ;)

Just, you know, let us know when you do get the invite so we can commence freaking out about when we will get/not get it. :lol:

calvmpv

Postby calvmpv » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 pm

I got an invite today for an in-person interview. Anyone else?

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:24 pm

x
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvmpv

Postby calvmpv » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:25 pm

Sinra wrote:
calvmpv wrote:I got an invite today for an in-person interview. Anyone else?

No. But did you get the "keep us updated...we are reviewing your file" email before you got the invite?

No. :? I actually submitted my application just yesterday. Was really surprised when I got the e-mail.

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 pm

x
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvmpv

Postby calvmpv » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

Sinra wrote:
calvmpv wrote:
Sinra wrote:
calvmpv wrote:I got an invite today for an in-person interview. Anyone else?

No. But did you get the "keep us updated...we are reviewing your file" email before you got the invite?

No. :? I actually submitted my application just yesterday. Was really surprised when I got the e-mail.

Well that's awesome then. You must be quite strong that they invited you immediately like that. Congrats!

Oh, I wasn't sure how they handled the application process.

Well good luck to everybody under review...hope you all get interviews soon! :)
I'll report back after mine.

jd20132013

Postby jd20132013 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:01 pm

How did everyone go about uploading the unofficial transcript? Is that necessary for the initial application? I saw it in the "Quick Updates" Section, so I was unsure if that needed to be completed before initial application or not.

stressgame

Postby stressgame » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:00 am

applied and waiting :wink:

BlakcMajikc

Postby BlakcMajikc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:45 am

jd20132013 wrote:How did everyone go about uploading the unofficial transcript? Is that necessary for the initial application? I saw it in the "Quick Updates" Section, so I was unsure if that needed to be completed before initial application or not.

Uploaded it in the initial application via unofficial transcript pdf from my academic portal on my undergrad's website.

Fresh

Postby Fresh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 am

Sinra wrote:
Fresh wrote:

Thanks, jinxed ;)

Just, you know, let us know when you do get the invite so we can commence freaking out about when we will get/not get it. :lol:

omg i got the invite. you're on the committee aren't u.. :shock:

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:28 am

Congrats to new invitees.. The interview is pretty tough(probably much tougher than most ppl have ever faced) but the real key is just to be thoughtful and never panic.

helloscriptkitti

Postby helloscriptkitti » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 am

Woohoo, I got an interview invite! I guess I'm not too non-traditional after all :D

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 pm

x
Last edited by Sinra on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pray88

Postby Pray88 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey congrats, man lol I told you it was a matter of time, lol they wanted to just get the weaker candidates like myself out of the way

Fresh wrote:
Sinra wrote:
Fresh wrote:

Thanks, jinxed ;)

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Fresh wrote:
Sinra wrote:
Fresh wrote:

Thanks, jinxed ;)

Yay me too!!! Good luck!

DorianGray89

Postby DorianGray89 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:46 pm

Just sent my application today. Hopefully with Uchicago and Cornell under my belt I'll get an invite :)

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:14 pm

I got the invite as well. Any idea the number of invitations that go out and the number of acceptances (or a rough idea what the percentages are)? What is the interview like? What kind of questions do they ask?

Good luck to everyone!

NoleinNY

Postby NoleinNY » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 pm

BlakcMajikc wrote:
Verity wrote:Sorry, I'm an 0L: What's SEO stand for?

Sponsors for Educational Opportunity

http://www.seo-usa.org/Home

For the purposes of TLS, it is a rare 0L Corporate Law internship targeting at minorities. They have many other programs in other areas.

So that's what this thing is... I was wondering how a TLS thread got to 66 pages over a "search engine optimization" internship...

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:31 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/urm-applicant-programs.html

:shock:
What can I expect? (Note: answers compiled from numerous threads on TLS)

SEO utilizes the stress interview method, which means that applicants must be prepared. The interview consists of two parts: the personal portion and a reading comprehension (case study) portion. The latter part of the study requires candidates to read a case study and then analyze and respond to it. The first portion of the interview is where candidates tend to need the most preparation. Previous applicants have urged candidates to review their resume, SEO's website, their partner firms, current events, and to have a basic understanding of why they might like to pursue a career in corporate law. Questions are delivered at a frighteningly quick pace, often offered out of the expected order. Listen closely to the questions asked and evaluate what the interviewers are asking for.

SEO echoes much of this advice in their preparation tips found on their website. The key during the interview is to remain calm, think through all answers, and to verbalize all thoughts clearly.

ETA: I don't mean to start a stampede here, but if I were you, i'd register for a spot ASAP. Interview slots seem very, very limited, at least for the locations I looked at.

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Knock wrote:I got the invite as well. Any idea the number of invitations that go out and the number of acceptances (or a rough idea what the percentages are)? What is the interview like? What kind of questions do they ask?

Good luck to everyone!

When did you apply Knock?

Knock

Postby Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Sinra wrote:
Knock wrote:I got the invite as well. Any idea the number of invitations that go out and the number of acceptances (or a rough idea what the percentages are)? What is the interview like? What kind of questions do they ask?

Good luck to everyone!

Beginning of December.

Sinra

Postby Sinra » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Knock wrote:
Sinra wrote:

Good luck to everyone!

Beginning of December.

ty!

Rand M.

Postby Rand M. » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm

I hope no one minds me using up this last post on this page, so I can make sure my next post is at the top of a page.

Return to “Legal Employment”