SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
CoutureChiq

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby CoutureChiq » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Last edited by CoutureChiq on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OmbreGracieuse

Postby OmbreGracieuse » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:How do Skype interview work?

This is more of a bump than anything so I can come back later; I often wonder this myself. I'm not big into Skype, though. Maybe I should hop on that train.

ACHLaw

Postby ACHLaw » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:00 pm

The deadline for us to send in our seat deposits is 4/15 I believe.

I probably won’t be able to make my decision until after Stanford’s ASW which is that weekend, 4/16-4/19.

Do you guys think I will be auto rejected if I don’t send in a seat deposit on or before 4/15?

I’ve tried calling and emailing SEO but they have not responded.

Also, I got a “decision rendered” email roughly a week after my interview back in February . The email essentially said that I was very competitive but they don’t have enough information (i.e. seat deposit) to make their decision on me yet.

Is this viewed as a soft waitlist, sign of interest, or simply neutral?

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:15 pm

Deposited at non-t14. pretty sure i'll be out. good luck to everyone else
Last edited by newyorker88 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarathustra

Postby zarathustra » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:20 pm

ACHLaw wrote:The deadline for us to send in our seat deposits is 4/15 I believe.

I probably won’t be able to make my decision until after Stanford’s ASW which is that weekend, 4/16-4/19.

Do you guys think I will be auto rejected if I don’t send in a seat deposit on or before 4/15?

Also, I got a “decision rendered” email roughly a week after my interview back in February . The email essentially said that I was very competitive but they don’t have enough information (i.e. seat deposit) to make their decision on me yet.

4/15? If you don't mind me asking, where is this information coming from? I hope you somehow have it wrong, otherwise I'm out of the running.

Core

Postby Core » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:33 pm

zarathustra wrote:
ACHLaw wrote:The deadline for us to send in our seat deposits is 4/15 I believe.

4/15? If you don't mind me asking, where is this information coming from? I hope you somehow have it wrong, otherwise I'm out of the running.

I called and was told 4/22. Can someone else try and see what results we get?

sikwitt

Postby sikwitt » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:52 pm

how long is it taking people to hear back? I sent in my seat deposit email about a week ago and haven't heard from SEO. Should I call them?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm

sikwitt wrote:how long is it taking people to hear back? I sent in my seat deposit email about a week ago and haven't heard from SEO. Should I call them?

They don't seem thrilled when they are called; maybe email them?

CoutureChiq

Postby CoutureChiq » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm

Just checking in to see if there's been any news.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 pm

you guys start looking for housing in ny yet, or am i jumping the gun on you guys? i have to move out of this place may 1, but craig's list is almost useless for this kind of stuff.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:Just checking in to see if there's been any news.

I guess I got waitlisted (or whatever) today.

"We're reserving our decision pending your submission of your law school seat deposit....." something like that. I interviewed last Thursday, also.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:you guys start looking for housing in ny yet, or am i jumping the gun on you guys? i have to move out of this place may 1, but craig's list is almost useless for this kind of stuff.

A. I miss you.
B. I am staying in my current home for the low low price of 500/mo.

TheSharklord

Postby TheSharklord » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:

"We're reserving our decision pending your submission of your law school seat deposit....." something like that. I interviewed last Thursday, also.

Meh, only sorta...you were gonna need a seat deposit before they made a decision anyhow...so in reality they were just telling you what you already know. On the positive side, they passed up an opportunity to reject you out of hand...

cali09

Postby cali09 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:51 pm

I got an e-mail about a follow-up call yesterday. Does anyone know what this second interview is like, and what types of questions are asked?

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:

That's not a waitlist. They're reminding you to send in your seat deposit, they won't accept you without it. That is true for all applicants.

OmbreGracieuse

Postby OmbreGracieuse » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:02 pm

newyorker88 wrote:That's not a waitlist. They're reminding you to send in your seat deposit, they won't accept you without it. That is true for all applicants.

What exactly does SEO do? I looked on their website, but they look just like an intern agency (?)

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 am

newyorker88 wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:

That's not a waitlist. They're reminding you to send in your seat deposit, they won't accept you without it. That is true for all applicants.

Well I thought it was odd because they e-mailed me saying a decision had been made on my file and when I clicked on the link it sent me to that message. But whatever, I told them I'd submit my set deposit within the next two weeks.

CoutureChiq

Postby CoutureChiq » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am

Last edited by CoutureChiq on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cali09

Postby cali09 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:13 am

Re: Couturechiq

I had my first interview back in February, and I sent in my seat deposit letter to SEO last week. Recently I got an e-mail request asking to schedule a follow-up interview on skype. I was just wondering if anyone knew what this was like. Thanks!

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:38 am

Like I said in a previous post I was never offered an interview even though I was accepted to Columbia. I assume it is because of my low LSAT score and/or middle of the road GPA. Is there anything I can do to show them I'm still interested? Email? Phone call?

Core

Postby Core » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:14 am

groundkontrol wrote:Like I said in a previous post I was never offered an interview even though I was accepted to Columbia. I assume it is because of my low LSAT score and/or middle of the road GPA. Is there anything I can do to show them I'm still interested? Email? Phone call?

Might try e-mailing. What do you have to lose?

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:25 pm

groundkontrol wrote:Like I said in a previous post I was never offered an interview even though I was accepted to Columbia.

I think people overestimate the importance of a t14 acceptance in the application process. I got an interview without one and so have many others. Moreover, there are people with t-14 acceptances who got no interview invite.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:27 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:Like I said in a previous post I was never offered an interview even though I was accepted to Columbia. I assume it is because of my low LSAT score and/or middle of the road GPA. Is there anything I can do to show them I'm still interested? Email? Phone call?

I think people overestimate the importance of a t14 acceptance in the application process. I got an interview without one and so have many others. Moreover, there are people with t-14 acceptances who got no interview invite.

t14 acceptances may not play a key role in getting an INTERVIEW, but i can assure you that you in all likelihood won't actually get in without a t14 enrollment receipt.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 pm

newyorker88 wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:Like I said in a previous post I was never offered an interview even though I was accepted to Columbia.

+1 May be important, perhaps even vital, for the final decision, but not as much for the initial phase, IMO.

newyorker88

Postby newyorker88 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 pm

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
newyorker88 wrote:

t14 acceptances may not play a key role in getting an INTERVIEW, but i can assure you that you in all likelihood won't actually get in without a t14 enrollment receipt.

yea that's what we're discussing, getting an INTERVIEW. he got into Columbia but they haven't invited him for an interview. he's wondering why he didn't get an INTERVIEW

Return to “Legal Employment”