SEO Corporate Law

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
TheSharklord

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Postby TheSharklord » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:37 am

Doritos wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
Doritos wrote:so, how long after the interview request did you find out exactly where you were interviewing. Not the city but where in the city.

you sign up as soon as you have an interview request (they take you to this site). Doritos... did you get an interview yet?

BTW: Anyone have their interviews this week?

Oh man thanks I had the interview city set but didn't see where the address was...I got it now. Yeah I got an interview in a large metropolitan area in the coming weeks...I'll get more specific when its done :wink:

Good luck with your interview! Just stay calm and confident and I'm sure you'll do fine...

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 pm

avacado111 wrote:
Doritos wrote:so, how long after the interview request did you find out exactly where you were interviewing. Not the city but where in the city.

you sign up as soon as you have an interview request (they take you to this site). Doritos... did you get an interview yet?

BTW: Anyone have their interviews this week?

Recently had my interview.

I don't think I did particularly well, but if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Core

Postby Core » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Anyone know if waiting until mid-April to send in a deposit receipt and notify SEO of the school you'll be attending can potentially hurt one's chances of getting the internship, or do they not usually begin making decisions until April/May?

Nom Sawyer

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Core wrote:Anyone know if waiting until mid-April to send in a deposit receipt and notify SEO of the school you'll be attending can potentially hurt one's chances of getting the internship, or do they not usually begin making decisions until April/May?

I think it would be ok, as the majority of acceptances must come after people have heard back from all their schools and their scholarship/ financial aid stuff. So usually even if somebody has been accepted, the other information doesn't come out until March or April.. I think waiting till May might hurt a little tho.

azntwice

Postby azntwice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 am

argh i sent in my app on feb. 2nd and haven't heard anything... should i be worried????? i am faxing in my CLS acceptance tomorrow *crosses fingers*

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 am

azntwice wrote:argh i sent in my app on feb. 2nd and haven't heard anything... should i be worried????? i am faxing in my CLS acceptance tomorrow *crosses fingers*

I feel like that'll do good things for you. Five bucks says you get an interview invite by next Wednesday.

Laina

Postby Laina » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 am

azntwice wrote:argh i sent in my app on feb. 2nd and haven't heard anything... should i be worried????? i am faxing in my CLS acceptance tomorrow *crosses fingers*

Applied 1/30 and also no interview invite. Feeling kinda down about it, actually.

TheSharklord

Postby TheSharklord » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Waiting is the hardest part...Since I won't deposit anywhere till I've heard all answers (or at least all but my potentially interminable Hold at HLS), it'll be another month at least for me I think...which means like 2 months before any news from SEO. Fingers crossed though!

boldaslove13

Postby boldaslove13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

BlankC wrote:
jitsrenzo wrote:Is it true that EVERYONE who applies gets an interview? It sure seems that way.

It does seem that way. I was really surprised considering my numbers. I guess since they don't cover travel or anything, it doesn't cost them very much to interview whoever.

What were your numbers? I applied back in oct. and havent heard anything with a 3.58 GPA and a 168 LSAT.

novacuseville

Postby novacuseville » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi all, if you were selected for an interview did you have to bring a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or employer? I just submitted my app and that is what the email says but I am not sure if it only applies to the undergrad career prep applications. Thanks.

TheSharklord

Postby TheSharklord » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

novacuseville wrote:Hi all, if you were selected for an interview did you have to bring a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or employer? I just submitted my app and that is what the email says but I am not sure if it only applies to the undergrad career prep applications. Thanks.

The email I got expressly said that you did not need to bring that or your official transcript w/ you. You should bring resumes though...

anmo

Postby anmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 pm

novacuseville wrote:Hi all, if you were selected for an interview did you have to bring a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or employer? I just submitted my app and that is what the email says but I am not sure if it only applies to the undergrad career prep applications. Thanks.

All they asked for at my interview was a resume. Bring a few, I had multiple interviewers. Transcripts/letter of recommendation can be sent in whenever, though sooner is preferable to later.

T14forME

Postby T14forME » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:06 pm

just sent in my application! :-)

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:24 pm

for what its worth guys, i had a really favorable email exchange with one of my interviewers, and he made it pretty clear that much of their decision hinges on what school you ultimately end up attending. good luck.

bluedolphins

Postby bluedolphins » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 pm

T14forME wrote:just sent in my application! :-)

+1 :D

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 am

Do I need to include anything when I fax over a law school acceptance? Is the official letter, which has my name on it, enough? Thanks.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 am

groundkontrol wrote:Do I need to include anything when I fax over a law school acceptance? Is the official letter, which has my name on it, enough? Thanks.

yeah, but i think they only care about where you end up depositing. if you already have/had the interview invite, the acceptances alone won't matter much.

Doritos

Postby Doritos » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:12 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:Do I need to include anything when I fax over a law school acceptance? Is the official letter, which has my name on it, enough? Thanks.

yeah, but i think they only care about where you end up depositing. if you already have/had the interview invite, the acceptances alone won't matter much.

I deposited at UVa but don't have anything to show for it but an updated status checker, and a couple emails saying I paid each deposit. Should I print out the emails and fax 'em or what?

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:

I haven't been invited for an interview. I applied for SEO in December and I've heard nothing. I'm hoping my acceptance to a T10 will encourage them to offer me an interview invite.

yung

Postby yung » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 am

hey quick question do u guys know if a gpa of around a 3.5 would hurt ur chances for this program?
Because for the optional essay i am thinking about writing a GPA addendum sort of thing...

ranovr32

Postby ranovr32 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 am

I had a 3.5 and got an interview. I had a 3.7 and messed up one year, I wrote an addendum explaining why.

confuzzled888

Postby confuzzled888 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 am

Is the interview more behavioral or is it like... more like a stress interview?

ogman05

Postby ogman05 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 am

confuzzled888 wrote:Is the interview more behavioral or is it like... more like a stress interview?

stress

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 am

ogman05 wrote:
confuzzled888 wrote:Is the interview more behavioral or is it like... more like a stress interview?

stress

dang...how so?

devilishangelrjp

Postby devilishangelrjp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

Just prepare for both. In most stress interviews, interviewers will ask you behavioral questions or the regular interview questions, but they will do something to put you off-balance.

The key to this interview is good interview preparation.

Return to “Legal Employment”