SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Dmini7

Silver

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Dmini7 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 am

Thank you for the information :D

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 am

Mr. Elshal wrote:Has anybody heard back yet about the webinar?

Also, on another note, what's with all the anonymous posting? Is it because people are worried SEO will read this thread and reject you for writing something they didn't like? It's getting really difficult to ask people questions and to PM about specifics and things like that. It seems that the group dynamic in this thread is dying out.

But more importantly, please see me first question.
Thirding this. As it stands, I'm going to miss this webinar and there's nothing I can do about it, despite having signed up.

Edit: Just got the email with instructions.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:Has anybody heard back yet about the webinar?

Also, on another note, what's with all the anonymous posting? Is it because people are worried SEO will read this thread and reject you for writing something they didn't like? It's getting really difficult to ask people questions and to PM about specifics and things like that. It seems that the group dynamic in this thread is dying out.

But more importantly, please see me first question.

Pretend this is an OCI thread. Check out the oci threads in this forum and all the posts are anonymous. That's essentially what's going on.

GirlStop

Bronze

Post by GirlStop » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Is anyone willing to provide a summary of the webinar to those of us who didn't make it/didn't know about it?

It would be much appreciated !!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello all!

Applied to SEO, had interview, got letter of rec request email, etc.

Can any former SEO-ers give some insight into housing in NYC? Does SEO help you find any, or are you kind of on your own?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Have several T-14 acceptances, but no interview. But I'm not a URM. Does that have anything to do with that?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have several T-14 acceptances, but no interview. But I'm not a URM. Does that have anything to do with that?
Are you a minority at all?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have several T-14 acceptances, but no interview. But I'm not a URM. Does that have anything to do with that?
Are you a minority at all?
Yep! I don't know if I put down "prefer not to respond," under the racial identification box, though. I did previously apply for a finance position with my race, so hopefully, that works out.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:38 pm

If anyone who applied for the LA program is willing to shoot me a PM, I'd appreciate it. I have a question, but I don't want to put it out in the open.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Have there been any requests for followup interviews yet?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 pm

Just to address points above, I have an interview request but I don't have any T14 acceptances yet. Non-URM minority, fwiw.

Question/Inquiry: Any advice for how to do this well on Skype? Any quick info on what kind of article/questions they have us read and respond to?

Mr. Elshal

Silver

Post by Mr. Elshal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just to address points above, I have an interview request but I don't have any T14 acceptances yet. Non-URM minority, fwiw.

Question/Inquiry: Any advice for how to do this well on Skype? Any quick info on what kind of article/questions they have us read and respond to?
For Skype interviews, check out this interviewing thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=200887

And about the article, mine was about a very prominent company that the SEC is considering pursuing a suit against. If you read business news relatively frequently, you'll probably already be familiar with the story before the interview. It's a current story, not a fake one, or one from sixty years ago. (at least mine was)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Mr. Elshal wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just to address points above, I have an interview request but I don't have any T14 acceptances yet. Non-URM minority, fwiw.

For Skype interviews, check out this interviewing thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=200887

And about the article, mine was about a very prominent company that the SEC is considering pursuing a suit against. If you read business news relatively frequently, you'll probably already be familiar with the story before the interview. It's a current story, not a fake one, or one from sixty years ago. (at least mine was)
Thank you so much for both the link and the heads up. I appreciate it. If anyone else would like to mention that they had a similar article about this subject, that's great. If not, obviously I understand. Thanks again, dude.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:12 am

Hey guys, long time lurker here.

Anyone know of/have access to this mysterious list of interview questions that was around last cycle??

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Can someone lay out some interview advice for this? I know it's in this forum somewhere, but I pushed through about 30 pages of responses and haven't seem much of anything other than that the interviewers will try to mess you up and knock you off balance and you need to read the article slowly. Are there any more tips out there to be gleaned? My Skype interview is early next week and I already got into a T14 and expect to get 1 T6.

I had my interview early last week. I think it went fairly well. The "knock you off balance" part is true, in that the interviewer plays devil's advocate with the article response. They'll question or counter every point you make, but it's not too bad. Just be prepared to answer:

-Why law?
-Why SEO?
-What do you hope to gain/learn from the SEO experience?
-What do you hope to accomplish with your JD?
-What makes you better, or more qualified than other candidates (or why should they choose you).

Also,
-Know why you'd like to live/work in your requested city.
-Research multiple firms listed for your city on the SEO site and know specific reasons why you'd like to intern/work for them.
-Think of a question or two to ask at the end of the interview when they ask, "Do you have any questions for me?"
Poster above asked. It's not really a thorough outline, but it's mostly what you'd expect, I think

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:42 pm

It's been quiet lately. Any recent news? Interview requests?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks for the post!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Emmie

New

Post by Emmie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey guys,

I had my interview last week, and my article was also the SEC one that ^ mentioned.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm

got an interview request. only 1 date seems to be available. how do i get another date?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:got an interview request. only 1 date seems to be available. how do i get another date?
just wait. I had to wait about a month for more to open up for me. System is pretty crappy but more will eventually open up.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:got an interview request. only 1 date seems to be available. how do i get another date?
just wait. I had to wait about a month for more to open up for me. System is pretty crappy but more will eventually open up.

so u just checked back on the system everyday or something?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:44 am

Did anyone verify that they received the recommendation letter? I followed up with them and they told me someone else got it by mistake but they were going to forward it to the right person.

P-salms

New

Post by P-salms » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Interview request this afternoon

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone verify that they received the recommendation letter? I followed up with them and they told me someone else got it by mistake but they were going to forward it to the right person.
I have the same question.

Does SEO verify when they've received the rec letter?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Did anyone verify that they received the recommendation letter? I followed up with them and they told me someone else got it by mistake but they were going to forward it to the right person.
I have the same question.

Does SEO verify when they've received the rec letter?
No. And if you ask they won't tell you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”