SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:44 am

Has anybody in this thread requested an expedited decision, either in a previous cycle or in this one? If you had another job offer with an approaching deadline did SEO actually accomodate you, and if so, when did you hear back from them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Any chance decisions come out this month?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any chance decisions come out this month?
Probably not.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any chance decisions come out this month?
I heard "mid-April" from SEO. There's a chance you might hear back in early April, but I wouldn't count on March.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Stopping by this thread to deliver a 'hang in there.' SEO feels like ages ago at this point, but I still remember the wait and thinking it wouldn't work out for me. I remember going to an ASW and meeting people who had already heard. It wasn't until pretty deep into April until I found out I got it. If you get in, the wait will be more than worth it. Follow up when the calendar is running thin for your personal situation, but try not to pester them if it is just a matter of impatience. Good luck, y'all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:00 pm

I received a follow up interview request but when I try to schedule an appointment, there's absolutely no date/time available :shock:. I know I'm not going crazy here so I think there must be a glitch in the system they're using. Anyone able to schedule an appointment today (or recently)? I rather check with you guys before I call them and find out I'm doing something stupid.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:10 pm

facile princeps wrote:I received a follow up interview request but when I try to schedule an appointment, there's absolutely no date/time available :shock:. I know I'm not going crazy here so I think there must be a glitch in the system they're using. Anyone able to schedule an appointment today (or recently)? I rather check with you guys before I call them and find out I'm doing something stupid.
On the top, search for or click "First available". :)

Anyone know what the follow up interview usually entails?

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
facile princeps wrote:I received a follow up interview request but when I try to schedule an appointment, there's absolutely no date/time available :shock:. I know I'm not going crazy here so I think there must be a glitch in the system they're using. Anyone able to schedule an appointment today (or recently)? I rather check with you guys before I call them and find out I'm doing something stupid.

I swear I've been doing that and everything is gray. Then I try find next, same result. Then I go through each week of the calendar all the way into June, same thing :|

J90

Bronze

Post by J90 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:21 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I swear I've been doing that and everything is gray. Then I try find next, same result. Then I go through each week of the calendar all the way into June, same thing :|
Send them an email or call, but I'd guess that you'll just have to keep checking back, sadly. I heard about a few applicants who were just waiting on spots to open up in the system for the initial interview.

Definitely do reach out to them, though, I'm not 100% on that so I don't want to plant a bad seed in your head haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

You didn't log in or anything, correct? I just went to the site, did 'First available', did the date, and made a new username. :/ I'd give them a call.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 pm

facile princeps wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Can you contact the person you got a request from? I received a follow-up interview request, and she emailed me with potential times. I told her which worked for me, and she emailed me back with the time of the interview. Then I received an email from the system confirming it. When I went into the system, I saw what you saw: everything filled up.

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks, guys.

Hmm, so at least some of you have had success with this thing. Please take a look at this. Are you seeing anything available in those time slots from your end? Every single time slot (today through July) looks like a sea of gray from my end. If you guys can see available times, I'll have to call/email them to schedule my appointment because this system obviously hates me :lol:.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:59 pm

facile princeps wrote:Thanks, guys.

Hmm, so at least some of you have had success with this thing. Please take a look at this. Are you seeing anything available in those time slots from your end? Every single time slot (today through July) looks like a sea of gray from my end. If you guys can see available times, I'll have to call/email them to schedule my appointment because this system obviously hates me :lol:.
Just contact them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:24 pm

received a follow up interview request

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:received a follow up interview request

Where you able to schedule an appointment? There isn't an opening available to me either.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

I was able to sign up, but this was last week. I had clear white boxes for signup, you two don't seem to. I'd give them a call.

I wish they'd let us know results sooner. I need to know if I have to find a subletter for my apartment, let alone notice on leaving work...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:56 pm

Do you think that SEO will be a bit more lenient in terms of acceptance time table this year b/c the schools are lagging on letting us all know if we got in? I have one T10 acceptance, thank goodness, but judging by this thread you need to be HYS or Columbia just to feel confident. I have a WL at one of the major SEO-feeders, but radio silence from the others even though I went complete back in early Jan. I'll shell out the $500 for the T10 if I have to just to secure my spot, but I don't realistically expect to go there if I get into a better school, PLUS waiting might mean that I do get into HYS+C, thereby significantly increasing my chances of acceptance....

I'm going to give it until the end of March. We gotta be seeing some major URM movement soon, fingers crossed...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you think that SEO will be a bit more lenient in terms of acceptance time table this year b/c the schools are lagging on letting us all know if we got in? I have one T10 acceptance, thank goodness, but judging by this thread you need to be HYS or Columbia just to feel confident. I have a WL at one of the major SEO-feeders, but radio silence from the others even though I went complete back in early Jan. I'll shell out the $500 for the T10 if I have to just to secure my spot, but I don't realistically expect to go there if I get into a better school, PLUS waiting might mean that I do get into HYS+C, thereby significantly increasing my chances of acceptance....

I'm going to give it until the end of March. We gotta be seeing some major URM movement soon, fingers crossed...
When I spoke on the phone, the person said they were familiar with the timetables and all of that. Nevertheless, I'm going to ask again during my follow up about possibly depositing at a T14 for proof of deposit and waiting out the impending WLs and hopefully get an opinion on that. But I don't think this is anything they haven't seen before.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:33 pm

Anyone know what the follow up interview is like?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 pm

It was a lot more laid back than the first interview. I think they just want more information on certain parts of your application/want clarification/etc., so there's not really a standard question list or a focus. What questions you get will be tailored to each individual.

Mine was also much faster than the original interview, easily less than 10 minutes.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It was a lot more laid back than the first interview. I think they just want more information on certain parts of your application/want clarification/etc., so there's not really a standard question list or a focus. What questions you get will be tailored to each individual.

Mine was also much faster than the original interview, easily less than 10 minutes.
Seconded. Mine was closer to 20.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It was a lot more laid back than the first interview. I think they just want more information on certain parts of your application/want clarification/etc., so there's not really a standard question list or a focus. What questions you get will be tailored to each individual.

Seconded. Mine was closer to 20.
Cool man, ty. Any case questions? I appreciate the help. If it's just reiterating information, that should be cool since I wanted to go into more detail about some stuff.

txdude45

Silver

Post by txdude45 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 am

Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.

facile princeps

Bronze

Post by facile princeps » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 pm

txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.
I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:15 pm

facile princeps wrote:
txdude45 wrote:Is the second interview for everyone? My LoR hasn't gone in yet and I'm worried I may be missing the boat.
I don't think the second interview is a requirement. I think it's in part a consequence of who you interviewed with initially and in part for clarification of anything vague in your application. That is, if the person you did your initial interview with wasn't one of the 'higher ups' in the law program (or not part of the law program at all), then most likely you're a candidate for a follow up. Also, sometimes they just want to clarify something on your resumé.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've spoken to at least one person who got in without one, but then again that was last year's program.
I think every year is different. Obviously this is only speculation, but the person I interviewed with initially was a higher up. I was offered a follow up interview, and there was no real clarification of anything I said in the first interview.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”