SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
helloscriptkitti

New

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by helloscriptkitti » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:40 pm

law_monkey wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
Speaking of ASWs. UVA's is coming up. Who's going? And what is the code word to know whether or not we are talking to another TLSer?
Not me. UVA has been my only non-positive decision so far (although I'm sure Harvard's and CLS' are on their way). :( The ASWs I'm attending are Cornell's, Penn's and NYU's. Hopefully some of you will be at one of those too!
UVA has been kind of weird this cycle. Well I will be at Penn's. I haven't heard ANYTHING from NYU or Cornell since I sent my application in over Thanksgiving break. The entire state of New York must hate me because Columbia asked for my fall grades almost two months ago and still no word either...oh well. I'm sure we will get a chance to meet at Penn. Are there any kids at top law schools that aren't members of TLS? Should I assume that everyone I see has an active TLS account?
Haha no definitely not! I was at a regional reception for Penn last week, and no one there except me was on TLS. And they were all talking about how pointless and mean sites like this are. I was just standing on the edge of the circle feeling super awkward, especially when they started making fun of the people who go on everyday. :oops:
I wanted to go but couldn't take off from work to drive up there during the week. Work is starting to interfere with my life (granted not working would really be bad)! I would've probably pretended I never heard of TLS anyway. I will be at Penn's ASW but not UVA. I think it's time for me to officially scratch UVA off my list.

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:14 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Haha no definitely not! I was at a regional reception for Penn last week, and no one there except me was on TLS. And they were all talking about how pointless and mean sites like this are. I was just standing on the edge of the circle feeling super awkward, especially when they started making fun of the people who go on everyday. :oops:
LMAO! It would be interesting to hear an outside opinion about this site. Great, now I am self-conscious about using TLS everyday and I may even be compelled to start a thread about it - on TLS - which I get on - everyday. lol.
Did this really happen law_monkey?! Hahahaha.

I've become a closet TLSer in one of my classes. People sitting behind me realized I was always logged onto "Top Law Schools" and kept making comments. Nothing's changed though - I'm still always on it, but now I make my screen a lot less bright and nobody can see. :oops: :)

I'll be at NYU's ASW for those of you guys also planning to be there. :P We so need a code word.

Malcolm8X

Bronze

Post by Malcolm8X » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 pm

law_monkey wrote:Haha no definitely not! I was at a regional reception for Penn last week, and no one there except me was on TLS. And they were all talking about how pointless and mean sites like this are. I was just standing on the edge of the circle feeling super awkward, especially when they started making fun of the people who go on everyday. :oops:
Enter in the reason why SEO probably isn't as known as I thought it would be. My little world had me thinking everybody at law school was on TLS. Guess not. I am actually happy to hear this.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 am

calvmpv wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
LMAO! It would be interesting to hear an outside opinion about this site. Great, now I am self-conscious about using TLS everyday and I may even be compelled to start a thread about it - on TLS - which I get on - everyday. lol.
Did this really happen law_monkey?! Hahahaha.

I've become a closet TLSer in one of my classes. People sitting behind me realized I was always logged onto "Top Law Schools" and kept making comments. Nothing's changed though - I'm still always on it, but now I make my screen a lot less bright and nobody can see. :oops: :)

I'll be at NYU's ASW for those of you guys also planning to be there. :P We so need a code word.
Yep. It was pretty awkward. That's why I'm looking forward to the ASWs where I know TLSers will be there!

@Malcolm8X: TLS and LSN are a really tiny representation of the whole applicant pool. I think I heard somewhere that it's ~10%, but that was probably just speculation. I would venture a guess that there are probably more people for a specific cycle on LSN because we talk about it a lot on here so anyone who hasn't heard of it will, but it's not like there's a ton of conversations about TLS on LSN. But that's just a guess. Plus it might seem less weird to people to merely track their numbers rather than actually commenting on their experience. Who knows how many lurkers we have who never post anything?

yellowsubmarine55

New

Post by yellowsubmarine55 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:46 am

Last edited by yellowsubmarine55 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

socraticmethodman

Bronze

Post by socraticmethodman » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:21 am

Has anyone with a t14 acceptance not been contacted for an interview yet? Should I just give up hope at this point?

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shloime

Bronze

Post by Shloime » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:31 pm

Checking in! I had some specific questions, and I was wondering if any alums would be willing to PM me?

yellowsubmarine55

New

Post by yellowsubmarine55 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 am

Last edited by yellowsubmarine55 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 am

Guys, I feel like I should say this, they REALLY know who you are when you post here.

Be careful.

Edit: To mention that this has been said elsewhere in the thread but I thought it merited repeating.
Last edited by CMDantes on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 am

CMDantes wrote:Guys, I feel like I should say this, they REALLY know who you are when you post here.

Be careful.
Definitely, can't know who I am. I haven't said anything LOL.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:32 am

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
CMDantes wrote:Guys, I feel like I should say this, they REALLY know who you are when you post here.

Be careful.
:shock:
He's right they do know. But as long as you act professional it should be ok.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

yellowsubmarine55

New

Post by yellowsubmarine55 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:20 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:

Be careful.
:shock:
+1

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Last edited by unc0mm0n1 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:27 pm

I love you SEO, please pick me.

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

trudat15 wrote:I love you SEO, please pick me.
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
+1
haha I was waiting for this to happen. Congrats again to uncommon! Very well deserved.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:35 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
+1
Haha you guys are too funny. But what if they don't like suck-ups? Dear SEO, I love you in the amount that you find appropriate! Not too much, not too little. :wink:

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:39 pm

law_monkey wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
+1
Haha you guys are too funny. But what if they don't like suck-ups? Dear SEO, I love you in the amount that you find appropriate! Not too much, not too little. :wink:
lol. Nice!

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:40 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
+1
haha I was waiting for this to happen. Congrats again to uncommon! Very well deserved.
Thanks a lot man! I'm pretty sure I'll see most of you guys in NY.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:
+1
Thanks a lot man! I'm pretty sure I'll see most of you guys in NY.
Congrats!!! I thought you hadn't committed anywhere yet. Are they taking people without commitments?

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Last edited by unc0mm0n1 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey Rand, or any other former alum. Do we make our own SEO Facebook page for our class? I heard you guys talking about you joined some Facebook group last year.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:12 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:Hey Rand, or any other former alum. Do we make our own SEO Facebook page for our class? I heard you guys talking about you joined some Facebook group last year.
I'm not sure. By the time I was accepted the facebook group was already created.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”