SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
callmepuck

New

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by callmepuck » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 pm

So turned down 3 internships for this SEO gig. Only god knows how I will spend my summer if I don't get it 0_o. On the bright side to ease everyone's pains. We did get accepted into t14 schools so we can not play the whole "woe is me card" if we don't get in.

mcenteno

New

Post by mcenteno » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:51 pm

salsahips wrote:Still no big round of decisions? Waiting for that first push is making me ansy!!

Has anyone been rejected? I'm wondering if there has been ANY movement, yea or nay.
No movement!! I'm getting real antsy!

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm

mcenteno wrote:
salsahips wrote:Still no big round of decisions? Waiting for that first push is making me ansy!!

Has anyone been rejected? I'm wondering if there has been ANY movement, yea or nay.
No movement!! I'm getting real antsy!
+3

cylon_clone

Bronze

Post by cylon_clone » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 pm

is it too late to submit the LOR? I'm meeting with an old prof tomorrow and will probably have it in by the end of the week. I haven't seat deposited yet, so it's not like my decision is pending until the LOR is in.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:55 am

I hope we all hear soon. Good luck everyone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 am

Still have not submitted deposit. Waiting to hear from a couple of schools.

spiritniffler189

Bronze

Post by spiritniffler189 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44 am

callmepuck wrote:So turned down 3 internships for this SEO gig. Only god knows how I will spend my summer if I don't get it 0_o. On the bright side to ease everyone's pains. We did get accepted into t14 schools so we can not play the whole "woe is me card" if we don't get in.

Way to be positive. I quit my job 2 months early and decided to travel under the hope I'll be working 12hr days this summer w/ SEO. Not sure what I'll do this summer if SEO doesn't come through.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:31 pm

spiritniffler189 wrote:
callmepuck wrote:So turned down 3 internships for this SEO gig. Only god knows how I will spend my summer if I don't get it 0_o. On the bright side to ease everyone's pains. We did get accepted into t14 schools so we can not play the whole "woe is me card" if we don't get in.

Way to be positive. I quit my job 2 months early and decided to travel under the hope I'll be working 12hr days this summer w/ SEO. Not sure what I'll do this summer if SEO doesn't come through.

12hr days? Is this accurate?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
spiritniffler189 wrote:

+1 Can someone who has done SEO speak to this? 12hr days during my last summer before law school doesn't sound too enticing.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

spiritniffler189

Bronze

Post by spiritniffler189 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
spiritniffler189 wrote:

+1 Can someone who has done SEO speak to this? 12hr days during my last summer before law school doesn't sound too enticing.

I was exaggerating, but from speaking with a partner at one of the firms that takes interns, there definitely are times where you're expected to stay late (as with any job really)

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

^errrr... Don't believe the hype. Maybe this is the case at a few firms, but everyone I've spoken with who did SEO (10+ people) said they were regularly out of there by 5pm. You're good.

salsahips

Bronze

Post by salsahips » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Looks like another day of no decisions. After stalking the previous year's thread I noticed most of the decisions on TLS seemed to come on Wednesdays. There is absolutely nothing indicating the pattern will follow this year -- but it helps with the neurosis.

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:54 pm

I don't know if I'm going crazy, but I remember my interviewer saying that the 2012 SEO class wouldn't be put together until the end of April. I just assumed we would all hear in a couple of weeks. No?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mcenteno

New

Post by mcenteno » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:08 pm

AS33 wrote:I don't know if I'm going crazy, but I remember my interviewer saying that the 2012 SEO class wouldn't be put together until the end of April. I just assumed we would all hear in a couple of weeks. No?
The website, under key dates, says Corporate Law Interns are informed of partner placement by Mid April. So I'm assuming they should tell us we're in before placing us right??

http://www.seo-usa.org/career/intern-re ... /key-dates

AS33

Bronze

Post by AS33 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Crap. I really need to make my deposit then.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:35 pm

AS33 wrote:Crap. I really need to make my deposit then.

This.

salsahips

Bronze

Post by salsahips » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 pm

mcenteno wrote:
AS33 wrote:I don't know if I'm going crazy, but I remember my interviewer saying that the 2012 SEO class wouldn't be put together until the end of April. I just assumed we would all hear in a couple of weeks. No?
The website, under key dates, says Corporate Law Interns are informed of partner placement by Mid April. So I'm assuming they should tell us we're in before placing us right??

http://www.seo-usa.org/career/intern-re ... /key-dates

I couldn't find the Corporate Law date. The only mid-April I found was CFL (which I had confused for corporate law when I first looked at it). If that's the case we're back in limbo. :(

But if AS33 is right then we're in for a long wait. They did significantly increase the class size this year, maybe that accounts for the delay.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:02 pm

Damn this is bad. I dont even have my LOR processed (despite sending it in two times now, and contacting them multiple times)

Ugh.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 am

They're just a little behind schedule that's all. No doubt we'll hear from them in the next few weeks. Good luck everyone! :D

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:31 am

How do we know if they have our transcripts
Just email them?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:17 am

Am I the only one hoping for some 10+ hour days? A huge portion of TLS likes to hate on big law, talk about how soul sucking it is, how you'll want to leave, etc., but ideal like this because they really didnt grasp the concept of what an 70-80 hour work week looks like and then pictured having to do it consistently. I'm kind of looking forward to being able to experience the lifestyle I intend on leading three years from now, and i mean, if I wanted to relax this summer I just wouldn't have applied and went travelling. Seems kind of pointless to want a laid back resume fluffer (since its not really needed assuming you do well 1L), bust just my opinion.

Edit: I'm not saying it's going to be fun, but what I mean is that it's going to be a lot better to experience this NOW, before you've even entered Law School, than to get to 2L and realize you don't want to do this.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am

:roll:

Anonymous User wrote:Am I the only one hoping for some 10+ hour days? A huge portion of TLS likes to hate on big law, talk about how soul sucking it is, how you'll want to leave, etc., but ideal like this because they really didnt grasp the concept of what an 70-80 hour work week looks like and then pictured having to do it consistently. I'm kind of looking forward to being able to experience the lifestyle I intend on leading three years from now, and i mean, if I wanted to relax this summer I just wouldn't have applied and went traveling. Seems kind of pointless to want a laid back resume fluffer (since its not really needed assuming you do well 1L), but just my opinion.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote::roll:

Anonymous User wrote:Am I the only one hoping for some 10+ hour days? A huge portion of TLS likes to hate on big law, talk about how soul sucking it is, how you'll want to leave, etc., but ideal like this because they really didnt grasp the concept of what an 70-80 hour work week looks like and then pictured having to do it consistently. I'm kind of looking forward to being able to experience the lifestyle I intend on leading three years from now, and i mean, if I wanted to relax this summer I just wouldn't have applied and went traveling. Seems kind of pointless to want a laid back resume fluffer (since its not really needed assuming you do well 1L), but just my opinion.
+1 on the :roll:

seriously dude?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:07 pm

SEO alumn. Depends on your firm.

Some firms will work you like a summer associate. Might be in the office may 8-10 hours a day for 5 days a week (with a weekend every few weeks)

Some firms treat you like a baby paralegal. In at 10, out by 5, every single day (no weekends ever).

No one pulled 12 hour days consistently.

Your Monday and Tuesdays will be 12 hour days for everyone in the program because of the firm receptions. You'll probably get into work at 9-10 (in the morning), and the firm receptions won't end til maybe 9:30-10pm (or later). Some firms asked SEOs to go back afterwards if they were helping out on a deal or trial.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Just heard back from SEO. I was told acceptances would be going out late April/early May.

So I guess it's hurry up and wait.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”