SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kurla88

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by kurla88 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:48 pm

treple wrote:I managed to pull my LSAC resume and printed it in the business center of my hotel. Hooray for the Hard Rock! I didn't experience a stress interview at all. It was super easy to be honest. The only place I failed was that I didn't really know much about the partner firms so anyone reading this, do that! =/
Ahahaha. TITCR. I'm glad you got your resume! Idk if mine was a "stress" interview but I felt stressed! They were meaner than I'm used to interviewers being, but I have a feeling they were told to be so... I think that's what "stress interview" means?

Yeah, my advice for all of yall is to really research SEO, toot their own horn at them... and really research the partner firms. Also, don't sound like an utter idiot like I always manage to do...

Luckily (or not) it really seems like where you go to school is the absolute number 1 factor, so I think I still have a shot.

on_ne_sait_jamais

New

Post by on_ne_sait_jamais » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Mine was def a stress interview.. def... I'm not sure if they thought I was bullshitting or what, but they called me out on everything... I aced most of their callouts with flying colors (like explaining me to justify my characterization of various business, along with migratory patterns of a particular religious/ethnic group) and then they basically tried to induce me to lie about my community service involvement, I called them out on it too. But i don't know.. I'm not going to a t6 so we'll see...
Last edited by on_ne_sait_jamais on Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP429

Bronze

Post by KP429 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 pm

!!?? Do explain!

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:51 pm

They just asked me for very specific details about my community service involvement. Which was easy to counter because I wasn't exaggerating any of it. They backed off when I started offering phone numbers of contacts who ran the various activities.

Ali

New

Post by Ali » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

Just from what I've gathered by browsing, if you're not in the T14 you don't have a chance at SEO.
Anyone not in the T14 ever got in??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

treple

Bronze

Post by treple » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Ali wrote:Just from what I've gathered by browsing, if you're not in the T14 you don't have a chance at SEO.

For the millionth time. It's not unprecedented, but is unlikely.

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 pm

Ali wrote:Just from what I've gathered by browsing, if you're not in the T14 you don't have a chance at SEO.
From what I've seen a few people defy the odds each cycle but easily 75% of the students in recent SEO cycles have been from Harvard, Columbia and NYU.

KP429

Bronze

Post by KP429 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:19 pm

clungtech01

New

Post by clungtech01 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:39 am

i think it seemed this year like they sent out interview notifications VERY quickly... some people had just submitted their applies the day before they heard about interviews. someone was asking whether it was maybe just an automatic invite this year... :twisted:
SEO Company In India | SEO Services In India

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Carnival1860

New

Post by Carnival1860 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:50 am

I think last year there were people who went to GW and USC, the year before they had people went to Vandy for sure.

masterpinky0509

New

Post by masterpinky0509 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:13 pm

So if I got into Harvard, am I a shoo-in for this program?

I have to admit, though the stress-type interview didn't intimidate me and I gave reasoned answers to their questions, it nonetheless gave me the impression that they were not thrilled with my resume and its lack of "corporate" work.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:24 pm

masterpinky0509 wrote:So if I got into Harvard, am I a shoo-in for this program?

I have to admit, though the stress-type interview didn't intimidate me and I gave reasoned answers to their questions, it nonetheless gave me the impression that they were not thrilled with my resume and its lack of "corporate" work.
or they acted indifferent to further stress you out. Jedi mind tricks FTW

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:20 pm

masterpinky0509 wrote:So if I got into Harvard, am I a shoo-in for this program?

\

There are enough minority applicants for them to be selective. There are not enough minority Harvard admits for them to be selective. You could have showed up to the interview with a corpse and they would have helped you hide the body.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DawsonPhoenix

New

Post by DawsonPhoenix » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:41 am

Last edited by DawsonPhoenix on Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

picotin

New

Post by picotin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:43 pm

DawsonPhoenix wrote:I just submitted my SEO application and though I am waiting to hear back from a couple other schools, I am in at UPenn and am planning to attend in the fall. Everyone keeps saying if you go to HYSCCN your a shoe in and if you go to a top 20 you have a decent shot at acceptance. What are the odds of acceptance into SEO if you go to UPenn? Thoughts? Also, how long did you all have to wait before you were notified that you were offered an interview?
I'm suspect most applicants, maybe all, accepted to a t14 school are immediately sent interview invites.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:23 pm

picotin wrote:
DawsonPhoenix wrote:I just submitted my SEO application and though I am waiting to hear back from a couple other schools, I am in at UPenn and am planning to attend in the fall. Everyone keeps saying if you go to HYSCCN your a shoe in and if you go to a top 20 you have a decent shot at acceptance. What are the odds of acceptance into SEO if you go to UPenn? Thoughts? Also, how long did you all have to wait before you were notified that you were offered an interview?
I'm suspect most applicants, maybe all, accepted to a t14 school are immediately sent interview invites.
word. did you update the partner firm section with the schools you have gotten into yet?

DawsonPhoenix

New

Post by DawsonPhoenix » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Yep.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Just had a quick question about the SEO app. and didn't want to start a whole thread....

On the "Application with Partner Firms" (i.e. law schools) it states:

"Applicants for the Corporate Law program:
Complete Parts III and IV of this section with the most current information about your application status."

I did part III (where it has you fill out the schools you applied to), but what is part IV referring to? I could not find a part IV.

KP429

Bronze

Post by KP429 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 pm

I was actually wondering the exact same thing, Cougar.

jaen78

New

Post by jaen78 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

picotin wrote:
Sadly, not the case. I'm going to Chicago and applied over a week ago. No interview invite.

meesawoosa

New

Post by meesawoosa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

there isn't one.
i'm pretty sure i just filled out part III.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sobriquet

New

Post by Sobriquet » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:04 pm

meesawoosa wrote:there isn't one.
i'm pretty sure i just filled out part III.
Same.

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks to the above posters for the clarification. Good luck!

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 pm

Alright, I submitted my application yesterday and got an interview invite today. I've applied to most of the t-14 (late January), but haven't heard back from any of the schools since it has only been a couple of weeks. How common is it to get an invite without an acceptance?

P.S. Do any of you think there is an advantage to interviewing in NY? (I am guessing since the program is out of NY that it is more likely that one can be interviewed by the decision makers....anyway, from what I hear it has more to do with where you get in)

thanks in advance!

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:22 pm

cougarlive wrote:Alright, I submitted my application yesterday and got an interview invite today. I've applied to most of the t-14 (late January), but haven't heard back from any of the schools since it has only been a couple of weeks. How common is it to get an invite without an acceptance?

P.S. Do any of you think there is an advantage to interviewing in NY? (I am guessing since the program is out of NY that it is more likely that one can be interviewed by the decision makers....anyway, from what I hear it has more to do with where you get in)

thanks in advance!
If you get into Harvard you can be interviewed in Outer Mongolia and end up placed at Skadden.
--ImageRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”