SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:51 am

Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean... the tank is clean?? THE TANK IS CLEANNNNNNNN!!! :wink:

Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor. :)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: They offered me a spot in the program in a particular city.

I found out like two days later about my firm.

Also, I hope you guys are paying attention to what's going on at Dewey. The firm CEO normally gives us advice about law school, teaches you the first class, and gives you the first exam. Also, they normally place 3-4 interns at Dewey. Kinda weird it won't be around much longer.
I hear maybe Greenberg Traurig is going to buy them up.
that's word on the street... or rather on ATL
http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/dewey-ha ... -come-due/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Today's the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean... the tank is clean?? THE TANK IS CLEANNNNNNNN!!! :wink:

Good luck everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor. :)
yes to ALL of this! lol

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

So is SEO considerate enough to send rejection letters/emails....something?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is SEO considerate enough to send rejection letters/emails....something?
eventually.

you can check if you're still in the running, though, through the online application. generally it says you've been rejected somewhere if you have.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is SEO considerate enough to send rejection letters/emails....something?
eventually.

you can check if you're still in the running, though, through the online application. generally it says you've been rejected somewhere if you have.
So then we can hold on to hope if it just says "submitted?" yay!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Got a missed call from an unknown number earlier and I got excited. But I guess it wasn't SEO since there was no movement here. :cry:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Dear SEO,

GET A MOVE ON IT!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Dear SEO,

GET A MOVE ON IT!

Whoooaaaa someone's bold!!! :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?

I would guess that by this point Skype is the only way to do the initial interviews for logistical reasons, and I would also guess that having one this late would preclude you from having a follow up.

Congrats on the request. But I can't believe they're still handing out initial interviews. When will this end?!?!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

MADNESS!!!!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got an invite for initial interview. It is via Skype...are initial interviews normally done this way?

I would guess that by this point Skype is the only way to do the initial interviews for logistical reasons, and I would also guess that having one this late would preclude you from having a follow up.

Congrats on the request. But I can't believe they're still handing out initial interviews. When will this end?!?!
Thanks for the grats...i am freaking out right now because I thought this late in the game i was out for sure

I havent read through this entire thread...but plan to pour through it tonight....but I am going to a school ranked between 20-25...will this preclude me from getting the internship...I thought I read somewhere that you really dont have a shot outside the t-14??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the grats...i am freaking out right now because I thought this late in the game i was out for sure

I havent read through this entire thread...but plan to pour through it tonight....but I am going to a school ranked between 20-25...will this preclude me from getting the internship...I thought I read somewhere that you really dont have a shot outside the t-14??
It just makes it tougher. I've also heard they are expanding the program this year. Just do you best on the interview, its all you can control at this point.

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:28 pm

If any one has the list of interview questions that was discussed earlier..can you PM them to me

Elric

Bronze

Post by Elric » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:If any one has the list of interview questions that was discussed earlier..can you PM them to me
+1

Me too...also just got an initial interview request :D

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

*rips hair out* :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:08 pm

This is really getting old...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Was accepted today! Really excited and I want to say thanks to all the people who gave us advice and tips to sharpen our interview abilities. I didn't use all of them but I definitely think they helped me out and helped make up for a GPA that might not have been as strong as other applicants. Sorry I can't give more detail but not really trying to start on the wrong foot and piss anyone off, so hopefully there will be more info from them for the rest of you still waiting.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Was accepted today! Really excited and I want to say thanks to all the people who gave us advice and tips to sharpen our interview abilities. I didn't use all of them but I definitely think they helped me out and helped make up for a GPA that might not have been as strong as other applicants. Sorry I can't give more detail but not really trying to start on the wrong foot and piss anyone off, so hopefully there will be more info from them for the rest of you still waiting.
Can you at least tell us the form of notification? I.e. phone call, email, status update on the online app?

I understand not wanting to give too much info but I just want to know if checking the online app is even worth it at this point.

Oh and congrats!!! So exciting!

Fujin11

New

Post by Fujin11 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:27 pm

I could use the list of questions as well, just got the initial Skype interview request

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 pm

wondering now how many people got in and are just afraid to say it on here for fear of being outed

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Edit: That makes a lot more sense.
Last edited by hyakku on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 pm

hyakku wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Was accepted today! Really excited and I want to say thanks to all the people who gave us advice and tips to sharpen our interview abilities. I didn't use all of them but I definitely think they helped me out and helped make up for a GPA that might not have been as strong as other applicants. Sorry I can't give more detail but not really trying to start on the wrong foot and piss anyone off, so hopefully there will be more info from them for the rest of you still waiting.
Can you at least tell us the form of notification? I.e. phone call, email, status update on the online app?

I understand not wanting to give too much info but I just want to know if checking the online app is even worth it at this point.

Oh and congrats!!! So exciting!
Sorry mate, I don't check the status update to often, would've driven me crazy. Got a call after a follow up interview. Not to say that I wouldn't bother with the online status update, but really, it can only serve to drive you crazy. I'm pretty sure they probably will call you before you get in going from last years results and just common sense. It seems obvious that most people would want to deliver good news in person rather than through an email. Despite how terse and professional they are, these people clearly have a modicum of care for the applicants they accept (otherwise they wouldn't be running this program), and it seems that after your in they are a little more familial. Just my thoughts though, I could be completely wrong.

Good luck to the rest of you and again, thanks for everyone that contributed solid advice and kept the thread on track. I hope to be able to give back in the future.
Was the call from a blocked number?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

you can still delete your post yourself if you want

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”