SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ksimon2007

Silver

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by ksimon2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:32 am

tkgrrett wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Interview invites are going out
When? And when do you think we will get them? I sent in my app, but no acceptance letters yet...Honestly I will be lucky to receive an invite
I got my interview invite earlier tonite.
Good deal. Congratulations on your acceptances by the way. When did you apply? I sent in my app this past weekend. Do they send any notification if you will not be brought in for an interview?

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:42 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:Interview invites are going out
When? And when do you think we will get them? I sent in my app, but no acceptance letters yet...Honestly I will be lucky to receive an invite
I got my interview invite earlier tonite.
Good deal. Congratulations on your acceptances by the way. When did you apply? I sent in my app this past weekend. Do they send any notification if you will not be brought in for an interview?
I honestly don't know the answer to that. I know they tell you in the end when you have not been accepted. That may be the only answer they give.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:39 pm

southernsnapp

New

Post by southernsnapp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:58 pm

What did ya'll decide to write your essay about? I can't really decide what to say.

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Did any late appliers get interviews yet? I applied last week

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ads222

Bronze

Post by ads222 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:51 pm

Are you guys sending SEO updates when you get in at any school? Or just when you get in at schools you listed on the application/other T-14s? I'm not sure if there's a point to doing the former, but j/w!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:19 pm

ads222 wrote:Are you guys sending SEO updates when you get in at any school? Or just when you get in at schools you listed on the application/other T-14s? I'm not sure if there's a point to doing the former, but j/w!
From what i hear, informing them of T14 acceptances is beneficial, the rest are not

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Tagged. Sent my app out yesterday, so a bit late in the game. Sounds like a great opportunity

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Lol, I would've applied but they have a 3.0 GPA minimum. Haters gonna hate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:39 pm

ArchRoark wrote:Lol, I would've applied but they have a 3.0 GPA minimum. Haters gonna hate.

As well as an acceptance to T14 minimum(not stated, but demonstrated), which most dont get with below a 3.0 :p

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:41 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
ArchRoark wrote:Lol, I would've applied but they have a 3.0 GPA minimum. Haters gonna hate.

As well as an acceptance to T14 minimum(not stated, but demonstrated), which most dont get with below a 3.0 :p
TBH, they should just come out and state that as their requirement, especially if they never do take anyone below T14. Then I could throw my hat in ring and frame my rejection letter. Does anyone have placement stats for Northwestern and/or Georgetown for SEO?

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMDantes

Bronze

Post by CMDantes » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:39 am

I applied for this on the 24th, no interview invitation yet.

Anyone else apply for the second round and get an interview date yet?

Doubt I'll get this since I'm going to UT (just outside t14) but giving it a shot anyway.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 am

I applied early December and haven't heard a peep yet. I'm guessing it's a bad sign

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:12 pm

ksimon2007 wrote: Don't be ridiculous. I'm pretty sure your acceptances automatically qualify for an interview. It seems that the one person to get an interview had about 3 weeks before he heard back and well he probably sent in his acceptance letters right away. December submitters will hear back by the middle of January if I was a betting man.
I hope you're right. I really want this (doesn't everyone), and I'm worried my essay was awful haha

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Fresh wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote: Don't be ridiculous. I'm pretty sure your acceptances automatically qualify for an interview. It seems that the one person to get an interview had about 3 weeks before he heard back and well he probably sent in his acceptance letters right away. December submitters will hear back by the middle of January if I was a betting man.
I hope you're right. I really want this (doesn't everyone), and I'm worried my essay was awful haha
The essay will make no difference in the process; seriously.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Fresh wrote:I applied early December and haven't heard a peep yet. I'm guessing it's a bad sign
Wow just looked at your LSN. With your acceptances and URM status you will most definitely get an interview.

I didnt even know UVA offered that kind of money, most i had head of was 90,000.

Does anyone know how disadvantaged you are if you are not URM? I have decided to defer for a year, so i will not be applying till next year around this time. But i dont want to get my hopes up as im white and barely broke the T14

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Fresh wrote:I applied early December and haven't heard a peep yet. I'm guessing it's a bad sign
Wow just looked at your LSN. With your acceptances and URM status you will most definitely get an interview.

I didnt even know UVA offered that kind of money, most i had head of was 90,000.

Does anyone know how disadvantaged you are if you are not URM? I have decided to defer for a year, so i will not be applying till next year around this time. But i dont want to get my hopes up as im white and barely broke the T14
While you don't need to be a URM, I believe you have to be a person of color to be considered.

ETA: --LinkRemoved--

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:38 pm

mrmangs wrote:

While you don't need to be a URM, I believe you have to be a person of color to be considered.

ETA: --LinkRemoved--
Sorry to derail, but what does your tls boxline mean mrmangs?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Hmmm i saw this: Who is eligible for the SEO internship program?
Students of color who have a 3.0 GPA or above are eligible for the SEO program, with limited opportunities for students with F-1 visas (investment bank partners only). We have opportunities for every grade level. Any major is welcome.

But i believe that is not for the law program.

Someone please tell me that there are white people who have gotten this, i mean shouldnt that be illegal or something if they disadvantage whites like that? (please god dont turn this into an AA debate)

mrmangs

Silver

Post by mrmangs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:44 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Hmmm i saw this: Who is eligible for the SEO internship program?
Students of color who have a 3.0 GPA or above are eligible for the SEO program, with limited opportunities for students with F-1 visas (investment bank partners only). We have opportunities for every grade level. Any major is welcome.

Someone please tell me that there are white people who have gotten this, i mean shouldnt that be illegal or something if they disadvantage whites like that? (please god dont turn this into an AA debate)
Not certain, but I think that is for all the programs. And it wouldn't be illegal (also, if it were illegal, it would be illegal for both the law program and whatever other programs they have, not just for the law program).
SEO wrote:How We Started

SEO was founded in 1963 during the height of the modern Civil Rights Movement as a mentoring and college preparation program for underprivileged high school students in New York City. The organization's mission was based upon the conviction that all students can succeed when given access to opportunities.

As more and more of SEO’s students went on to college, SEO recognized that there was a need to advocate for increased opportunities for minorities in the corporate workforce. In 1980, the SEO Career Program was established to help high achieving underrepresented students of color reach their career goals by providing internships in some of our nation’s most challenging fields. Starting with Wall Street, the SEO Career Program began with 11 students placed at five investment banking firms. The Career Program now has more than 40 partners, offering hundreds of career-blazing summer internships in seven areas.
--LinkRemoved--

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:46 pm

mrmangs wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Hmmm i saw this: Who is eligible for the SEO internship program?

Not certain, but I think that is for all the programs. And it wouldn't be illegal (also, if it were illegal, it would be illegal for both the law program and whatever other programs they have, not just for the law program).

SEO was founded in 1963 during the height of the modern Civil Rights Movement as a mentoring and college preparation program for underprivileged high school students in New York City. The organization's mission was based upon the conviction that all students can succeed when given access to opportunities.

As more and more of SEO’s students went on to college, SEO recognized that there was a need to advocate for increased opportunities for minorities in the corporate workforce. In 1980, the SEO Career Program was established to help high achieving underrepresented students of color reach their career goals by providing internships in some of our nation’s most challenging fields. Starting with Wall Street, the SEO Career Program began with 11 students placed at five investment banking firms. The Career Program now has more than 40 partners, offering hundreds of career-blazing summer internships in seven areas.
--LinkRemoved--
You are correct, but thats just messed up. I am just hoping someone will jump in and say that they know of white people recieving these positions lol. Probably wont happen though

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:12 pm

mrmangs wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
You are correct, but thats just messed up. I am just hoping someone will jump in and say that they know of white people recieving these positions lol. Probably wont happen though
This program helps minority students who are among the best of all students in the country. I cannot see a reason to quarrel with this unless you see something intrinsically wrong with such an idea.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”