SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Rand M.

Silver

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by Rand M. » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Follow-up interviews are a good sign (at least they have been in the past). Mine lasted about 8 mins.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Got mine! We're one step closer.

yellowsubmarine55

New

Post by yellowsubmarine55 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:13 pm

got a phone interview request.

Rand M -- in what ways is follow up interview different from the in person interview?

thxs

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:14 pm

yellowsubmarine55 wrote:got a phone interview request.

Rand M -- in what ways is follow up interview different from the in person interview?

thxs
+1

Oh and congrats Yellow and everyone else. Hopefully we'll all get it.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:23 pm

yellowsubmarine55 wrote:got a phone interview request.

thxs
It's a lot shorter. It's slightly less formal, but still taking it seriously. The same kinds of questions will be asked--why do you want to do this, what's your interest in law, why did you choose the market you did, etc. Just have a repeat performance and you are likely in good shape. Mine was over skype and seemed more like a final step than the last interview did.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Knock wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:I just got a follow up interview as well!

Based on my scouring of TLS, it seems we're in good shape if we got the follow up request.

Quick question - do we log in or do we click at the top of the page where it says to click if you got invited directly? I can't figure out which one it is!
Click at the top. Dumb question, but are these interviews shown in our time zone? or eastern time zone? or what? ETA: I think all appointments are EASTERN time. Heads up people scheduling your follow up!!!

How long does the follow up last? none of these times really work for me but if it's fairly quick I can squeeze it in i'm sure.

ETA: What the heck, it wants us to make a new username?
Oh thanks for pointing that out!!! I was definitely not thinking about timezones.

silly101

Bronze

Post by silly101 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:17 pm

where do i look to see that my transcript has been received?

sagirl27

New

Post by sagirl27 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey guys!

Congrats on getting the follow up interview! When I checked my appointments it said that my interview would be either skype or phone interview, but no where did I provide my skype name. Should I just assume that it will be a phone interview or is there anyway I can find out if it's a skype interview?

Is it safe to assume that the follow up interview is a good sign? Or does it mean we're borderline applicants who the panel couldn't make a decision on?
Last edited by sagirl27 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:12 pm

sagirl27 wrote:Hey guys!

Congrats on getting the follow up weekend! When I checked my appointments it said that my interview would be either skype or phone interview, but no where did I provide my skype name. Should I just assume that it will be a phone interview or is there anyway I can find out if it's a skype interview?

Is it safe to assume that the follow up interview is a good sign? Or does it mean we're borderline applicants who the panel couldn't make a decision on?
Pretty sure it's a good sign. And when you go to sign up it has you fill in all your info again, and one of the options is to include your skype name.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:32 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:Congrats guys! I am hoping for some movement on my application. When did you all with follow up interviews do your first SEO interview? Which schools in the T14 have you been accepted too?
My interview was just over a week ago.

ksimon2007

Silver

Post by ksimon2007 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renne Walker

Silver

Post by Renne Walker » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Has anyone who interviewed in the last week (or ten days) received a follow-up interview invitation?

For those who did receive the follow-up interview, how long ago has it been since your initial interview? Thanks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

helloscriptkitti

New

Post by helloscriptkitti » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 pm

My interview was last week also

yngblkgifted

Silver

Post by yngblkgifted » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Last edited by yngblkgifted on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Renne Walker wrote:Has anyone who interviewed in the last week (or ten days) received a follow-up interview invitation?

For those who did receive the follow-up interview, how long ago has it been since your initial interview? Thanks.
8 days ago

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:16 pm

This cycle looks so different than last year. A lot of people got accepted on their first interviews before the second interviews went around. Nobody has been accepted yet right? I would have thought some of the people who ED to certain schools would have heard back by now at least if you look at last year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:18 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:This cycle looks so different than last year. A lot of people got accepted on their first interviews before the second interviews went around. Nobody has been accepted yet right? I would have thought some of the people who ED to certain schools would have heard back by now at least if you look at last year.
Don't they not officially give you a decision until you send them a copy of your enrollment letter?

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Knock wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:This cycle looks so different than last year. A lot of people got accepted on their first interviews before the second interviews went around. Nobody has been accepted yet right? I would have thought some of the people who ED to certain schools would have heard back by now at least if you look at last year.
Don't they not officially give you a decision until you send them a copy of your enrollment letter?
Yes but if you ED to say UVA you can already send in your seat deposit and do all of that. Look at last years cycle. by early march there were a handful of people who reported being in.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:21 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:Congrats guys! I am hoping for some movement on my application. When did you all with follow up interviews do your first SEO interview? Which schools in the T14 have you been accepted too?
My interview was just over a week ago.
Thanks! And you thought you did badly! I think not.
I really did do badly, but fortunately I have that nice shiny NYU acceptance that we all know SEO likes. Anyway, I don't think anyone should freak yet if they don't have a followup invite and interviewed this past week. It sounds like they went up to the week right before this last one. Good luck everyone!!! We need TLS SEO domination! :D

@uncommon1 I think the people who got in super early last year had deferred from the previous cycle, so they already had their enrollment in. Although it does make sense if they would accept ED as a sign of commitment too.
Last edited by law_monkey on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 pm

kinch wrote:ACCEPTED!!! Just got the call.
Like this guy from FEB 25th of last year

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Renne Walker

Silver

Post by Renne Walker » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:45 pm

helloscriptkitti wrote:My interview was last week also
Did they ask you to send in the paperwork for proof of matriculation, reference, etc.? Just trying to discern the reason or relevance of not being contacted as of yet.

helloscriptkitti

New

Post by helloscriptkitti » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
Did they ask you to send in the paperwork for proof of matriculation, reference, etc.? Just trying to discern the reason or relevance of not being contacted as of yet.

They mentioned at the interview that I needed to submit transcripts and LORS. I submitted them but have no indication of whether they received them or not. No one asked me to submit proof of matriculation, although I was asked about my preference of law school based on my current acceptances.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Renne Walker wrote:
Well I sent in my LOR and transcripts and stuff but that was weeks ago. At the interview they didn't specifically ask me for anything else. I did get confirmation at the interview they had all of my materials.

cmik801

New

Post by cmik801 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Last edited by cmik801 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”