SEO Corporate Law Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
azntwice

Bronze

Re: SEO Corporate Law

Post by azntwice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 am

argh i sent in my app on feb. 2nd and haven't heard anything... should i be worried????? i am faxing in my CLS acceptance tomorrow *crosses fingers*

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:21 am

azntwice wrote:argh i sent in my app on feb. 2nd and haven't heard anything... should i be worried????? i am faxing in my CLS acceptance tomorrow *crosses fingers*
I feel like that'll do good things for you. Five bucks says you get an interview invite by next Wednesday.

Laina

Bronze

Post by Laina » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 am

azntwice wrote:argh i sent in my app on feb. 2nd and haven't heard anything... should i be worried????? i am faxing in my CLS acceptance tomorrow *crosses fingers*
Applied 1/30 and also no interview invite. Feeling kinda down about it, actually.

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Waiting is the hardest part...Since I won't deposit anywhere till I've heard all answers (or at least all but my potentially interminable Hold at HLS), it'll be another month at least for me I think...which means like 2 months before any news from SEO. Fingers crossed though!

boldaslove13

New

Post by boldaslove13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:45 pm

BlankC wrote:
jitsrenzo wrote:Is it true that EVERYONE who applies gets an interview? It sure seems that way.
It does seem that way. I was really surprised considering my numbers. I guess since they don't cover travel or anything, it doesn't cost them very much to interview whoever.
What were your numbers? I applied back in oct. and havent heard anything with a 3.58 GPA and a 168 LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

novacuseville

New

Post by novacuseville » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi all, if you were selected for an interview did you have to bring a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or employer? I just submitted my app and that is what the email says but I am not sure if it only applies to the undergrad career prep applications. Thanks.

TheSharklord

Bronze

Post by TheSharklord » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

novacuseville wrote:Hi all, if you were selected for an interview did you have to bring a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or employer? I just submitted my app and that is what the email says but I am not sure if it only applies to the undergrad career prep applications. Thanks.
The email I got expressly said that you did not need to bring that or your official transcript w/ you. You should bring resumes though...

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 pm

novacuseville wrote:Hi all, if you were selected for an interview did you have to bring a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or employer? I just submitted my app and that is what the email says but I am not sure if it only applies to the undergrad career prep applications. Thanks.
All they asked for at my interview was a resume. Bring a few, I had multiple interviewers. Transcripts/letter of recommendation can be sent in whenever, though sooner is preferable to later.

T14forME

New

Post by T14forME » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:06 pm

just sent in my application! :-)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:24 pm

for what its worth guys, i had a really favorable email exchange with one of my interviewers, and he made it pretty clear that much of their decision hinges on what school you ultimately end up attending. good luck.

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:38 pm

T14forME wrote:just sent in my application! :-)
+1 :D

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:54 am

Do I need to include anything when I fax over a law school acceptance? Is the official letter, which has my name on it, enough? Thanks.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 am

groundkontrol wrote:Do I need to include anything when I fax over a law school acceptance? Is the official letter, which has my name on it, enough? Thanks.
yeah, but i think they only care about where you end up depositing. if you already have/had the interview invite, the acceptances alone won't matter much.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:12 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:
groundkontrol wrote:Do I need to include anything when I fax over a law school acceptance? Is the official letter, which has my name on it, enough? Thanks.
yeah, but i think they only care about where you end up depositing. if you already have/had the interview invite, the acceptances alone won't matter much.
I deposited at UVa but don't have anything to show for it but an updated status checker, and a couple emails saying I paid each deposit. Should I print out the emails and fax 'em or what?

groundkontrol

Bronze

Post by groundkontrol » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 am

APimpNamedSlickback wrote:

I haven't been invited for an interview. I applied for SEO in December and I've heard nothing. I'm hoping my acceptance to a T10 will encourage them to offer me an interview invite.

yung

Bronze

Post by yung » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 am

hey quick question do u guys know if a gpa of around a 3.5 would hurt ur chances for this program?
Because for the optional essay i am thinking about writing a GPA addendum sort of thing...

ranovr32

Bronze

Post by ranovr32 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:05 am

I had a 3.5 and got an interview. I had a 3.7 and messed up one year, I wrote an addendum explaining why.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

confuzzled888

New

Post by confuzzled888 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:59 am

Is the interview more behavioral or is it like... more like a stress interview?

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:09 am

confuzzled888 wrote:Is the interview more behavioral or is it like... more like a stress interview?
stress

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 am

ogman05 wrote:
confuzzled888 wrote:Is the interview more behavioral or is it like... more like a stress interview?
stress
dang...how so?

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

Just prepare for both. In most stress interviews, interviewers will ask you behavioral questions or the regular interview questions, but they will do something to put you off-balance.

The key to this interview is good interview preparation.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:19 am

MissLucky wrote:
ogman05 wrote:
stress
dang...how so?
You will be stressed. They make you nervous...you can read back over this thread for more specific information in terms of questions they ask and stuff but definitely be prepared for the interview.

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

I actually did not find my interview stressful at all. I'm withdrawing my application however as they require you to train at the end of May, which will be before my term ends at my current institution.

In regards to the interview, just prepare as you would for any corporate interview. Check out vault/consulting guides if you need an idea of what that means. Just because they're not warm and fuzzy with you doesn't mean they're trying to freak you out; mine was cold but extremely professional and straightforward.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:25 am

iminlstrick wrote:I actually did not find my interview stressful at all. I'm withdrawing my application however as they require you to train at the end of May, which will be before my term ends at my current institution.

In regards to the interview, just prepare as you would for any corporate interview. Check out vault/consulting guides if you need an idea of what that means. Just because they're not warm and fuzzy with you doesn't mean they're trying to freak you out; mine was cold but extremely professional and straightforward.
are you bummed you have to withdraw or are you pursing something fun this summer?

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:32 am

MissLucky wrote:
ogman05 wrote:
stress
dang...how so?
Just do exactly what they tell you to. Read up on the firms. Pick a couple you like and why you fit in there. Know what you want to do with your life and why you are doing. Successfully have a good interview and after that you did all you can. For me some parts had me a little nervous and I stumbled a little bit but came out of it. You'll do fine. Get enough sleep and know seo and what they do.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”